Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > iPhone and iPad Games

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #11  
Old 12-17-2012, 11:04 AM
defred34 defred34 is offline
Banned
iPad 2, iOS 6.x
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Earth
Posts: 1,410
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sanuku View Post
I would removed the last Part from the Description since a lot of People probably will take it the wrong Way if you tell them they can use an Airplane to crash into something...
Come on dude, nothing wrong in saying that! Games are meant to have fun...quit being so serious.
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 12-17-2012, 12:24 PM
sizzlakalonji's Avatar
sizzlakalonji sizzlakalonji is offline
Moderator
iPad 2, iOS 6.x
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Indiana, USA
Posts: 5,708
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by randy gash smasher View Post
Not one constructive comment yet. Typical.
Almost as typical as an amazingly tasteless screen name.
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 12-17-2012, 01:48 PM
Jeremy1026 Jeremy1026 is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Posts: 211
Default

Great update to an already great flight sim. I like flying over Vegas a lot more than the fake city from the original version of Flight Unlimited.
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 12-17-2012, 03:25 PM
Sanuku Sanuku is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 11,401
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by randy gash smasher View Post
Not one constructive comment yet. Typical.

I`m already on it...
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 12-17-2012, 03:25 PM
flightunlimited flightunlimited is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 342
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicoipad View Post
I have played around with it for a little and think the 3d models themselves are quite nice but those ugly pixilated suburbs from google earth kind of take away from the game. The other thing is you rarely ever see cars going past and when you do it's the same bus or truck model. I know it is difficult to include traffic but with the amount of traffic included currently it almost makes no different
Which device are you using? Due to the detail we've included, the game optimizes itself based on the device being used. Due to memory limitations an iPhone 4 or iPod 4 uses low res textures. The iPhone 4S and the 5 on the other hand use high res textures.

Thanks
Reply With Quote
  #16  
Old 12-17-2012, 03:55 PM
Nicoipad Nicoipad is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 768
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by flightunlimited View Post
Which device are you using? Due to the detail we've included, the game optimizes itself based on the device being used. Due to memory limitations an iPhone 4 or iPod 4 uses low res textures. The iPhone 4S and the 5 on the other hand use high res textures.

Thanks
I'm on the iPhone 4S. I will be playing this more later and it seems pretty good. The only thing I was pointing out is that the area around the city from satellite images kind of throws off the game, will this be included in Flight Unlimited San Francisco? Also where is the railroad you showed off before the game release?
Reply With Quote
  #17  
Old 12-17-2012, 04:13 PM
flightunlimited flightunlimited is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 342
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicoipad View Post
I'm on the iPhone 4S. I will be playing this more later and it seems pretty good. The only thing I was pointing out is that the area around the city from satellite images kind of throws off the game, will this be included in Flight Unlimited San Francisco? Also where is the railroad you showed off before the game release?
Ah, yes, you're right. Sorry I misunderstood. The problem is we used such high res imagery for the city that we ran out of device memory. Since we'll have a new generation of devices for the next game, we'll be able to include a larger high res terrain area.

The train tracks are there...fly towards the strip from the airport and keep on going. The train should be on the track somewhere...there's also a desert air strip out there.
Reply With Quote
  #18  
Old 12-17-2012, 04:48 PM
Nicoipad Nicoipad is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 768
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by flightunlimited View Post
Ah, yes, you're right. Sorry I misunderstood. The problem is we used such high res imagery for the city that we ran out of device memory. Since we'll have a new generation of devices for the next game, we'll be able to include a larger high res terrain area.

The train tracks are there...fly towards the strip from the airport and keep on going. The train should be on the track somewhere...there's also a desert air strip out there.
Thanks I found it. I would like to see that hangglider thing you posted months ago included in an update
Reply With Quote
  #19  
Old 12-17-2012, 05:12 PM
flightunlimited flightunlimited is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 342
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicoipad View Post
Thanks I found it. I would like to see that hangglider thing you posted months ago included in an update
This will be in the 2nd update. We just didn't have time to fit in the initial release.
Reply With Quote
  #20  
Old 12-17-2012, 05:16 PM
Nicoipad Nicoipad is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 768
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by flightunlimited View Post
This will be in the 2nd update. We just didn't have time to fit in the initial release.
Awesome! I'm really enjoying this game so far, great job! It was definitely worth the wait. Can you give me a hint of one of the possible locations in FU4?
Reply With Quote

Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Copyright 2012, TouchArcade.com, LLC.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright 2008 - 2011, TouchArcade.com. Privacy Policy / DMCA Copyright Agent