Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > iPhone and iPad Games

Old 12-17-2012, 05:52 PM

Default Game Impressions

Do I really have to crash my Plane into something to be able to get back to the Menu?
Old 12-20-2012, 01:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sanuku View Post
YouTube: video
Do I really have to crash my Plane into something to be able to get back to the Menu?
This will be fixed in an update...thanks for pointing it out
Old 12-20-2012, 01:57 PM

This game is really great! When will the mission update be out? When will the thread for FU3 be put up?
Old 12-20-2012, 02:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicoipad View Post
This game is really great! When will the mission update be out? When will the thread for FU3 be put up?
I'm happy you're enjoying the game. The mission update will be out in January or February. We're juggling the mission updates and various bug fixes.

We've already submitted an update which should be approved by Apple any day. We're 90% complete with the 2nd update which will feature better physics models, camera views, and lower RAM usage. The game will play much better on an iPod 4 Touch.

The 3rd update will have the Missions and likely a new plane.

We'll put up the Flight Unlimited San Francisco thread in the upcoming games section in February or so.

If you have any questions, comments, or update suggestions please let me know
Old 12-20-2012, 02:23 PM
iPad (4th Gen)

Sorry, just too weird. Looks really strange. An abandoned, lifeless, post apocalypse-looking Las Vegas. SO unrealistic that I can't even be bothered with this. If they couldn't fit it all in memory, they should've gone with cartoony graphics or something else, maybe a place with less going on. Perhaps waiting for Jan. or Feb. to release a better game instead of rushing this out only to be attended to later like they're talking about (above). Not that my expectations were that high-the last game IMO sucked, and instead of fixing that one, they go and release another one. Whatever..movin' on.....

Last edited by bigrand1; 12-20-2012 at 02:27 PM..
Old 12-20-2012, 02:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigrand1 View Post
Sorry, just too weird. Looks really strange. An abandoned, lifeless, post apocalypse-looking Las Vegas. SO unrealistic that I can't even be bothered with this. If they couldn't fit it all in memory, they should've gone with cartoony graphics or something else, maybe a place with less going on. Not that my expectations were that high-the last game IMO sucked, and instead of fixing that one, they go and release another one. Whatever..movin' on.....
We're quite proud of what we've been able to accomplish. Having said that, we're dedicated to making improvements.

We spent 9 months squeezing a maximum amount of power out of the devices. As such, we've been able to deliver high res sattelite terrain, and over 50 highly detailed Las Vegas buildings. Not to mention the game has roads, street traffic, advanced lighting, and voluminous clouds...all a first in a mobile flight simulator.
Old 12-20-2012, 02:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by flightunlimited View Post
We're quite proud of what we've been able to accomplish. Having said that, we're dedicated to making improvements.

We spent 9 months squeezing a maximum amount of power out of the devices. As such, we've been able to deliver high res sattelite terrain, and over 50 highly detailed Las Vegas buildings. Not to mention the game has roads, street traffic, advanced lighting, and voluminous clouds...all a first in a mobile flight simulator.
I think it is easy for people to sit there and say that Vegas looks lifeless and whatnot but there actually are quite a few cars going through the city and this is the first time there has been traffic in a mobile flight sim so I think it is a big accomplishment
Old 12-21-2012, 10:46 AM

One mission that would be fun for the update would be food delivery, Althage the fast food resturaunts have more purpose than just backround
Old 12-21-2012, 02:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicoipad View Post
One mission that would be fun for the update would be food delivery, Althage the fast food resturaunts have more purpose than just backround
That's a great idea...you will definitely see this mission in the game
Old 12-21-2012, 03:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by flightunlimited View Post
That's a great idea...you will definitely see this mission in the game
Wow great! I am eagerly awaiting this update I think this series is becoming one of, if not, my favorite on IOS