App description: On Sale for a Limited Time!

*This flight simulator features console quality visuals. The game is optimized for the iPhone 4, iPhone 4S, iPhone 5, and iPad. Owners of older devices restart the device to avoid a crash - iPad 1 and iPhone 3GS not supported*

Graphics Performance Scale:
iPhone 5 - Excellent
iPad 3 - Excellent
iPhone 4S - Excellent
iPad 2 - Excellent
iPhone 4 - Great
iPad 1 - Fair (restart device to avoid crashing)
iPod Touch 4 - Fair (restart device to avoid crashing)

Flight Unlimited Las Vegas is the 2nd installment in the Fight Unlimited series.

Enjoy flying over the city of Las Vegas in one of 8 unique aircraft. Explore the city or embark on a campaign of missions for the Las Vegas Mob Boss.

Over 130 sq miles of the city of Las Vegas are modeled in incredible detail.
This level of detail hasn't been seen in any flight simulator on any platform.
The famous Las Vegas strip includes over 50 hotels that are modeled with photo realism. Fly past the Luxor, buzz the New York New York, or attempt a landing on top of the Bellagio.

Flight Unlimited also features street traffic, a first for a mobile flight simulator. Cars, trucks, and buses zoom around the city. Can you and your plane share the road?

This is without a doubt, the most graphically advanced flight simulator in the app store. Weeks after flying you'll notice meticulous graphical details for the first time. Tires smoke as the plane hits the ground, aircraft metal deforms in a crash, the Bellagio fountains spring to life, sun glare blinds your view, and more.

The Flight Unlimited team is dedicated to providing game updates.

Features:
- Console quality graphics

- The game engine recognizes the device being used (iPod 4, iPhone4, iPhone 4S, or iPhone 5) and optimizes the graphics to their maximum potential

- Over 130 sq miles of satellite imaged terrain

- Grand Theft Auto style Missions

- Volumetric clouds and enhanced lighting effects

- 8 aircraft including the Cessna 172, Challenger Learjet, Douglas DC-3, Robin DR400, Grumman Goose Amphibious Aircraft, Pitts Special, A10 Tank Killer, P40 Mustang, and the FA/18 (IAP)

- Full flap, gear, brake, and rudder controls

- Cockpit camera, Chase camera, Tower camera, and a full customizable camera

- Street traffic (cars and buses)

- Advanced particle effects (tire smoke, engine fires, water splash)

- Destructive aircraft bodies. Wings rip off, engines separate, the aircraft metal bends and deforms.

*Note - If the game crashes its a memory issue, please restart your device and try again, it will work.

flightunlimited's comments:


12-17-2012, 04:52 PM
#21
Game Impressions


Do I really have to crash my Plane into something to be able to get back to the Menu?
12-20-2012, 12:24 PM
#22
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sanuku View Post
YouTube: video
Do I really have to crash my Plane into something to be able to get back to the Menu?
This will be fixed in an update...thanks for pointing it out

12-20-2012, 12:57 PM
#23
This game is really great! When will the mission update be out? When will the thread for FU3 be put up?
12-20-2012, 01:14 PM
#24
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicoipad View Post
This game is really great! When will the mission update be out? When will the thread for FU3 be put up?
I'm happy you're enjoying the game. The mission update will be out in January or February. We're juggling the mission updates and various bug fixes.

We've already submitted an update which should be approved by Apple any day. We're 90% complete with the 2nd update which will feature better physics models, camera views, and lower RAM usage. The game will play much better on an iPod 4 Touch.

The 3rd update will have the Missions and likely a new plane.

We'll put up the Flight Unlimited San Francisco thread in the upcoming games section in February or so.

If you have any questions, comments, or update suggestions please let me know
12-20-2012, 01:23 PM
#25
Joined: Apr 2010
Location: California, USA
Posts: 3,784
Sorry, just too weird. Looks really strange. An abandoned, lifeless, post apocalypse-looking Las Vegas. SO unrealistic that I can't even be bothered with this. If they couldn't fit it all in memory, they should've gone with cartoony graphics or something else, maybe a place with less going on. Perhaps waiting for Jan. or Feb. to release a better game instead of rushing this out only to be attended to later like they're talking about (above). Not that my expectations were that high-the last game IMO sucked, and instead of fixing that one, they go and release another one. Whatever..movin' on.....

Last edited by bigrand1; 12-20-2012 at 01:27 PM.
12-20-2012, 01:29 PM
#26
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigrand1 View Post
Sorry, just too weird. Looks really strange. An abandoned, lifeless, post apocalypse-looking Las Vegas. SO unrealistic that I can't even be bothered with this. If they couldn't fit it all in memory, they should've gone with cartoony graphics or something else, maybe a place with less going on. Not that my expectations were that high-the last game IMO sucked, and instead of fixing that one, they go and release another one. Whatever..movin' on.....
We're quite proud of what we've been able to accomplish. Having said that, we're dedicated to making improvements.

We spent 9 months squeezing a maximum amount of power out of the devices. As such, we've been able to deliver high res sattelite terrain, and over 50 highly detailed Las Vegas buildings. Not to mention the game has roads, street traffic, advanced lighting, and voluminous clouds...all a first in a mobile flight simulator.
12-20-2012, 01:52 PM
#27
Quote:
Originally Posted by flightunlimited View Post
We're quite proud of what we've been able to accomplish. Having said that, we're dedicated to making improvements.

We spent 9 months squeezing a maximum amount of power out of the devices. As such, we've been able to deliver high res sattelite terrain, and over 50 highly detailed Las Vegas buildings. Not to mention the game has roads, street traffic, advanced lighting, and voluminous clouds...all a first in a mobile flight simulator.
I think it is easy for people to sit there and say that Vegas looks lifeless and whatnot but there actually are quite a few cars going through the city and this is the first time there has been traffic in a mobile flight sim so I think it is a big accomplishment
12-21-2012, 09:46 AM
#28
One mission that would be fun for the update would be food delivery, Althage the fast food resturaunts have more purpose than just backround
12-21-2012, 01:13 PM
#29
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicoipad View Post
One mission that would be fun for the update would be food delivery, Althage the fast food resturaunts have more purpose than just backround
That's a great idea...you will definitely see this mission in the game
12-21-2012, 02:05 PM
#30
Quote:
Originally Posted by flightunlimited View Post
That's a great idea...you will definitely see this mission in the game
Wow great! I am eagerly awaiting this update I think this series is becoming one of, if not, my favorite on IOS

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:52 AM.