★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

Fighting Fantasy: Blood of the Zombies (5.99$--->0.99$)

12-17-2012, 09:44 AM
Fighting Fantasy: Blood of the Zombies (5.99$--->0.99$)

12-17-2012, 09:47 AM
Is this worth it? I never played this type of game before

12-17-2012, 10:18 AM
Finally happened! Waited for a sale, bought it, never played, few weeks later its .99!

I can truly start whining now!

(Slaps self) Sorry. Carry on.
12-17-2012, 10:40 AM
Also interested if it's worth to buy, if someone has played this?
12-17-2012, 10:53 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyward View Post
Also interested if it's worth to buy, if someone has played this?
I have not plaed Blood of the Zombies yet but the Gamebook Adventures, from the same company, are typically high quality chose your own adventure style games with interactive dice combat. For $0.99 they are a good value if you can appreciate interactive novels. What interested me about BoZ is that it looks like there are some improvements to combat etc that might make it an even better experience.
12-17-2012, 11:00 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by undeadcow View Post
I have not plaed Blood of the Zombies yet but the Gamebook Adventures, from the same company, are typically high quality chose your own adventure style games with interactive dice combat. For $0.99 they are a good value if you can appreciate interactive novels. What interested me about BoZ is that it looks like there are some improvements to combat etc that might make it an even better experience.

This. I have 3 of them, all high quality in all regards: story, presentation, extras, combat, etc. I'm grabbing this.
12-17-2012, 11:08 AM
Not the best FF book, but a no brainer purchase for gamebook fans for a measly buck!

Quote:
Originally Posted by NickFalk View Post
Squids!?

Worst idea ever!
12-17-2012, 11:13 AM
Im not a big fan of digital gamebooks as I prefer smelling fresh pages the first time it gets opened, but im definitely going to pick this up for a buck.

Exact-Psience My 2014 Top 10 Games of the Year: Monster Hunter Freedom Unite, Hearthstone, VVVVVV, Battleheart Legacy, Wayward Souls, Bug Heroes 2, Powerpuff Girls Defenders of Townsville, Deep Loot, Monument Valley, Bioshock Honorable Mentions: Traps N Gemstones, Bardbarian, Goblin Sword
12-17-2012, 11:45 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bramblett05 View Post
Get out. :P

Seriously though, yes, it is, even at full price. Good news is that in addition to their own Gamebook Adventures series, Tin Man are taking on the old Fighting Fantasy gamebooks (this one being the first of their releases, with House of Hell coming soon) and a number of lesser known and new titles/authors, both published and unpublished.

Digital library of the entire FF series? Yeah, could reserve room for that.
12-17-2012, 12:06 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bramblett05 View Post
I'd say yes I've bought every book that TinMan games have released and I bought this and most of the others at full price and there all great (well I suppose you have to at least want to play a choose your own adventure story I suppose)
This one is a bit easier to play than the others as the fights are all done with rolling the dice to see how many zombies you kill, so I guess it's a good starting point.
The other books have in depth shops and items to equip etc. (this still has items just IMO its an easier book to get started)