★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

Endless Road by Chillingo $0.99 -> FREE

12-17-2012, 12:30 PM
Endless Road by Chillingo $0.99 -> FREE

Game Center: sink_or_swim
12-17-2012, 12:51 PM
Ha, and only just recently I was talking about it going free due to the negative reviews. It's a visually impressive game that unfortunately comes across as an iAP driven freemium (with an entry fee) until today that is.

12-17-2012, 12:52 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by visionwebs View Post
Sucks be to early adopters I feel for you,
Didn't this just LITERALLY come out days ago? Like last week or 2?
No, it was Nov 21st to be more precise.
12-17-2012, 12:54 PM
The cars in this game are definitely overpriced.
12-17-2012, 01:12 PM
Download it, play it and see if you agree with us regarding its grindy nature
12-17-2012, 01:20 PM
To me the battle over my $0.99 was between this and Cubed Rally Redline. I was pretty much set on getting CRR because it has 5 lanes to switch between instead of just three... but now I don't have to choose.

This is a no-brainer download for me. I love much of what Chillingo publishes as they are typically pretty playable without dipping into the IAP.
12-17-2012, 03:05 PM
Wonder why all Chillingo games seem to go free after a month. Seems like everything is going paidmium or freemium nowadays. Really wish we had the Chillingo of old with such awesome puzzle games. But at least we get to try all of their games after a month. Just remember the time aeons ago, when I would get so excited for new Chillingo games. Nowadays, not so much. This game has pretty low itunes ratings, but will give it a chance. Downloading.
12-17-2012, 03:14 PM
I played a couple rounds of the game. It's solid fun. It's got a "Speed" the movie feel since you have to stay above 80mph in order to keep going. So there's a little extra something to it beyond the typical lane runner type stuff.

Edit: I just realized how stupid that sounds... many runners are about not slowing down. Temple Run for instance. But in this one there's a speedometer and other stuff that makes it feel more fresh.
12-17-2012, 03:31 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Connector View Post
Wonder why all Chillingo games seem to go free after a month. Seems like everything is going paidmium or freemium nowadays. Really wish we had the Chillingo of old with such awesome puzzle games. But at least we get to try all of their games after a month. Just remember the time aeons ago, when I would get so excited for new Chillingo games. Nowadays, not so much. This game has pretty low itunes ratings, but will give it a chance. Downloading.
Maybe it should be Chillingo before EA? lol... ;-)

Shmup Fan? Join our group - Bullet Hell Fanatics
Looking for Cave game recommendations? Check out starting ~half way down this link: Your favorite Shmup from Cave? Which is your favorite Game from Cave?
12-17-2012, 03:36 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by nightc1 View Post
I played a couple rounds of the game. It's solid fun. It's got a "Speed" the movie feel since you have to stay above 80mph in order to keep going. So there's a little extra something to it beyond the typical lane runner type stuff.

Edit: I just realized how stupid that sounds... many runners are about not slowing down. Temple Run for instance. But in this one there's a speedometer and other stuff that makes it feel more fresh.
I think it'd feel fresh if it worked. If the game wants to punish you for doing well by requiring you to slow down, it should ensure the next few arrows aren't impossible to reach by being inside scenery. It's way too random to reliably control your speed.