★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

iPhone: Jungle Swoosh (99 cents) is out...any good?

06-27-2009, 12:50 PM
Jungle Swoosh (99 cents) is out...any good?

Searched the site/forums and didn't find anything about it. I really like the design aesthetics they have going on but I really can't find a whole lot about it. For some reason I'm really curious about this one, might give it a shot if no one else will...

iTunes link.

Jungle Swoosh is latest, and most addictive game doing the rounds at iTunes. Jungle Swoosh will allow you to waste hours and hours of time and wish that you had never bought an iPhone! But seriously, Jungle Swoosh is a simple game that can be played by anyone and will most certainly be enjoyed by all.

The concept behind Jungle Swoosh is simple. You get ten eggs and need to do the following:

-keep moving the eggs to the next level by tapping on the screen and getting your egg to jump, hoping to make it to the highest point in the jungle and reunite the eggs with their mother owl.
-make sure that you time the jump just right in order to make sure that it gives you that swooooooosh feeling. Think: the opposite of Shaq taking free throws.
-take regular breaks as you may well find that time stands still when you play this awesome game

If you are one of the talented few that manage to make it through to the last level, it is safe to say that your motor skills are far above average for a human, and your talents are certainly being wasted playing games on an iPhone Just kidding! We will be adding new levels on a regular basis in order to make sure that you keep swooshing those eggs!

(astrosaurus.com - My iPhone Games Blog)
(@astrosaurusblog - Twitter Account)
06-27-2009, 12:54 PM
Graphics look cool!

Celebrating the Bliss of Eliss~
Eliss, my #1 favorite game of all time

06-27-2009, 01:13 PM
I like the art too. I'll TOFTT.

iPhone 6 and iPad Mini iOS 8
06-27-2009, 01:15 PM
Looks like another typical jumper game. Love the graphical style, but I can't imagine the gameplay is very inspiring.

[Relax with Galactic Chill] [Let me tell you a story.]
Currently working on: Music for Spirit Hunter Mineko
06-27-2009, 01:23 PM
I'm in love with the graphics
06-27-2009, 01:47 PM
I love that owl...
06-27-2009, 02:05 PM
First impressions:

Some of the jumper games I played are kind of frantic because or you jump or the game is over.

Jungle Swoosh is all about stressless timing. You tap the screen and the egg is thrown (you can't control the throw power) and you have to hit the nest above while the egg is going down (most like a basketball throwing). However, most of the nests are moving left/right/diagonally with different speeds and trajectories.

You score 10 points for each nest. The game should have included a multiplier to increase the score while you don't make a mistake.

If you miss a nest you lose a life.

Graphics are really great. Unique I may say. Sounds are OK and while the menu has a jungle music theme the in game background is bird sounds.

The game records only the last highest score (locally).

It can't resume and there's no pause button (there's no help).

Finally, the game is not randomly generated. You always play the same scenario.

All in all it's a nice game that needs some improvements here and there. 3/5.

iPhone 6 and iPad Mini iOS 8
06-27-2009, 03:53 PM
I'M going to TOFTT too haha

Plus+ ID: Wegmans
06-27-2009, 04:22 PM
i'd give it a 3/5... very innovative, but the pictures kinda mislead you as far as graphics go. The designs are attractive, and things move quickly. I pictured a kind of Doodle Jump style game, but it's really not addictive like that.

Not a must-have game, but if you're looking for something different then a jumping platformer, you may consider this a buy.

Plus+ ID: Wegmans
06-27-2009, 09:10 PM
Cute lil game. I'm really bad at it -- only got a 50 so far. I'd like to see more background changes as you go up, since the background is static. And global high scores. It'd be cool to see how far people are getting.

I give it a 3/5 for game play, plus another .5 for the artwork, so 3.5/5