★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

Anyone else annoyed?

06-27-2009, 12:51 PM
Anyone else annoyed?

well... this is because i want lots of games but in the end i don't buy any because i end up telling myself not to because I might not have enough money for livefire/killtest/whatever it's called. example. i have 15 in my itunes. and i want to buy real tennis but if i do i might not have enough money to buy the 3.0 update and ngmoco's FPS. so in the end, i buy nothing.
rant finished.
any of you annoyed for similar reasons or have a rant or something?
06-27-2009, 01:19 PM
So you're annoyed because you CAN'T spend any money?

But I still know what you mean. I have a list of like 10 games or so I want to get but can't because I'm waiting for something else. Usually I just buy a cheap game or some music to tide myself over.

Are you f****** serious?
Meh. It's like holding off to buy the latest gadget: There's always a "latest gadget." If you keep holding off you'll never get it. I just buy what really interests me when I come across it and worry about other stuff when it turns up. I keep a want list for that reason, and when I can buy more, I do. No point getting worked up over it because the feeling is never going to go away, so just chill and get what you want when you want it, and worry about the other stuff then.

[Relax with Galactic Chill] [Let me tell you a story.]
Currently working on: Music for Spirit Hunter Mineko
06-27-2009, 01:25 PM
I find that getting drunk overcomes any barriers I have.
06-27-2009, 01:27 PM
I actually like this. It keeps me from getting too many games.
06-27-2009, 01:30 PM
Over the past week of getting the iPhone and buying a bunch of apps, and getting lots of free apps, I am finding this is GREAT! I used to wait for a reasonable console game - spend the $50 or $60 only to find after a short time that I don't really like it, or it is really just a couple hour game.

Not trying to compare too much, but you can buy LOTS of apps for the cost of 1 console game, and probably have a lot more enjoyment because you have so many varied experiences. Especially when there are multiplayer, achievements, chat, etc. Not the same graphics, or screen size, or audio - and the controls are limited, but all in all, I have no problems buying a $0.99 app - I mean a new app every day of the month will cost you less than 1 console game... even for most of the DS games too...
(Although DS has a lot better battery life....)
Buy your games - be happy -
06-27-2009, 01:52 PM
I, as a teen, can't blow any and all money on the AppStore, which is when iTunes card come in very handy. Everytime I get one, I get a couple of games I've had my eyes on for a while, and get a few other games over a course of a couple weeks 'til I'm out (I usually rent a movie and get some music along the way). The wait actually makes you appreciate the wait more and take care of my spending. I don't get angry over not being able to get games, I appreciate it.
06-27-2009, 02:19 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by pluto6 View Post
Over the past week of getting the iPhone and buying a bunch of apps, and getting lots of free apps, I am finding this is GREAT! I used to wait for a reasonable console game - spend the $50 or $60 only to find after a short time that I don't really like it, or it is really just a couple hour game.

Not trying to compare too much, but you can buy LOTS of apps for the cost of 1 console game, and probably have a lot more enjoyment because you have so many varied experiences. Especially when there are multiplayer, achievements, chat, etc. Not the same graphics, or screen size, or audio - and the controls are limited, but all in all, I have no problems buying a $0.99 app - I mean a new app every day of the month will cost you less than 1 console game... even for most of the DS games too...
(Although DS has a lot better battery life....)
Buy your games - be happy -
I agree with u!!!
06-27-2009, 03:45 PM
Do some research, read reviews. Join the bandwagon...make a better choice that way...

Nexx Studio - Indie Game Publisher - Blog | Facebook | Twitter
Dulp - Zig Zag Boom - Sidechain - Warship Solitaire - Bloom Box - Pig Shot - Glow Puzzle - The Idiot Test 3 - and more awesome games!