Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > iPhone and iPad Games

Old 03-19-2014, 09:37 AM
iPad 2, iOS 7.x

Default Perfection (by Stuart McLean)

Last edited by PeteOzzy; 03-19-2014 at 10:40 PM..
Old 03-19-2014, 10:21 AM
iPad (4th Gen), iOS 7.x

Any info on how it plays ?
Old 03-19-2014, 11:12 AM
iPad mini, iOS 7.x

I'm on a puzzle roll lately and this looks like fun. Probably my only purchase this week.
Old 03-19-2014, 10:16 PM
iPad Air, iOS 7.x

What the heck are you supposed to do? I checked the dev's site for a vid, but nothing. The app description isn't helpful, neither are the pics
Old 03-19-2014, 10:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColeDaddy View Post
What the heck are you supposed to do? I checked the dev's site for a vid, but nothing. The app description isn't helpful, neither are the pics
First rule of the App Store: tell us what your game actually is/how it plays. Oy.
Old 03-19-2014, 11:18 PM
Developer
iPhone 3GS

Hm, I tried it out, it still doesn't even explain itself well in the actual game. Basically, your goal is to get rid of the circles with the arrows. You tap any circle with an arrow on it, and it will affect the circle immediately next to it in the direction it points. If that neighbor circle has an arrow, it will remove that arrow, turning it into a blank circle. If it's a blank circle, it will turn it into a bouncing circle. If it's a bouncing circle, it destroys the circle and you lose.

There are other things that happen that I don't quite get. Like sometimes when you tap a circle, it's arrow will be replaced by another arrow pointing in a different direction (presumably random?) but sometimes it will remove the arrow altogether.

The game is odd, and suffers from lack of instruction and some clunky design, so I don't particularly recommend it.
Old 03-19-2014, 11:28 PM
iPad Air, iOS 7.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hobbsicle View Post
Hm, I tried it out, it still doesn't even explain itself well in the actual game.

The game is odd, and suffers from lack of instruction and some clunky design, so I don't particularly recommend it.
Thanks for taking the bullet for us. The screenshots looked interesting and I was debating going for it, but the complete ambiguity of the gameplay had me hesitant to pull the trigger.
Old 03-20-2014, 05:04 AM
iPad mini 2, iOS 7.x

I have sent an email to the developer about the insufficient discription,
and that I think he should make a gameplay video.
Old 03-20-2014, 05:31 AM
iPad mini, iOS 7.x

Been playing this morning and I get it but not sure I can explain it, I'll try by best.

The easiest setting is a three by three grid of circles, each circle has a pointer on, tapping a pointer on one circle removes the pointer on the circle it's pointing to, the pointer on the square you have tapped rotates. Once the pointer has gone that circle is activated. And activated circle can only be hit once more and it will pulse to let you know that if you hit it again it's game over. The aim is to remove all the arrows, and if you manage to so without hitting an activated circle then you get extra points for perfection. You get two shuffles per level which don't always help so you kind of have to assessif it's worth shuffling to go for perfection but also taking the risk that the arrow will point to a pulsing square.

If there's no video posted by the time my daughter gets home from school I'll get her to video me playing. It sounds really complicated but it's really simple once you know what you're meant to do. The tutorial could explain things a bit better, I'm wondering if English isn't the devs first language hence the lack of description.
Old 03-20-2014, 09:09 AM
iPad mini, iOS 7.x

Any gameplay videos ?