• Genre: Puzzle
  • Device: Universal
  • Size: 403.7 MB
  • Version: 1.3
  • Price: $4.99
  • Average User Rating:
    Not enough votes.
App description: PocketGamer GOLD award

In a shady corner of Kingsport Bay, at the outskirts of St Armando, Bwana and his trusted sidekick Kito struggle to make ends meet at their run-down gas station. Little do they know that they are about to be thrown into a spine-tingling adventure that will take them far from home and right into a twisting plot of corruption and danger.

In the first chapter of The Journey Down, the search for a lost journal leads to forgotten secrets of the mysterious Underland. Follow Bwana and Kito as they puzzle their way forward and begin to uncover the true fate of their long lost father, Captain Kaonandodo.

The Journey Down is a classic point-and-click saga with an Afro-Caribbean vibe. Get ready to embark on an epic journey of brain-teasing adventure! Chapter One and Chapter Two are also available for PC, Mac and Linux on Steam.

OFFICIAL TRAILER: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ndBiOPu9JGI

Features:
* A twisting tale of intriguing adventure
* Tons of handpainted environments
* An all original jazzy reggae soundtrack
* A fully voiced cast
* HD art and animations

THE JOURNEY DOWN: CHAPTER TWO is available here:
https://itunes.apple.com/app/the-journey-down-chapter-two/id906398185

Compatible with iPad, iPad 2, new iPad, iPhone 4, iPhone 4S, iPhone 5, iPod 4 Touch and iPod 5 Touch on iOS version 5 and newer.

Sanuku's comments:

12-19-2012, 09:08 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sanuku View Post
Point and Tab Adventure.

On topic, I bought it. With my backlog I should be able to play it by the time it goes free next Christmas.

Last edited by Xexist; 12-19-2012 at 09:13 PM.
12-19-2012, 09:53 PM
Bought it as well, but not able to play it yet. This week is just crazy good for releases.

Exact-Psience My 2014 Top 10 Games of the Year: Monster Hunter Freedom Unite, Hearthstone, VVVVVV, Battleheart Legacy, Wayward Souls, Bug Heroes 2, Powerpuff Girls Defenders of Townsville, Deep Loot, Monument Valley, Bioshock Honorable Mentions: Traps N Gemstones, Bardbarian, Goblin Sword

12-20-2012, 06:26 AM
Game Impressions

I'm about thirty minutes in, and this is fantastic! It reminds me a lot of the classic LucasArts games, and not only because it has a similar Caribbean feel to Monkey Island. The graphics are great, the way the puzzles are unfolding is nice (several going at once so you don't get stuck on one thing) and both the graphics and the voice acting are top notch.

This seems like a total bargain. I'm curious how long it is, but with a game this good, even a couple of hours' playtime will be well worth it.

Cheers.
12-20-2012, 06:40 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Georgina View Post
I'm about thirty minutes in, and this is fantastic! It reminds me a lot of the classic LucasArts games, and not only because it has a similar Caribbean feel to Monkey Island.
The stylised African mask motif does lend a decidedly Grim Fandango-esque air to the proceedings.
12-20-2012, 06:58 AM
maybe i should downgrade, it says 4.3 or never
12-20-2012, 08:03 AM
Had no idea they were porting this to iOS. Played this one on PC. Highly recommended. This has always been kind of an under-the-radar game for some reason, although I believe it did get some awards or at least good reviews. Looking forward to episode 2.
12-20-2012, 08:07 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Georgina View Post
This seems like a total bargain. I'm curious how long it is, but with a game this good, even a couple of hours' playtime will be well worth it.

Cheers.
If I remember right, it's pretty comparable to the length of a Telltale game episode. Maybe even a touch longer? Regardless, definitely worth more than 99 cents.
12-20-2012, 08:35 AM
Bought, and looking forward to spending some time with it later. Thanks!
12-20-2012, 01:53 PM
not support 3Gs,is this good game?

Game center ID: ip4weather
Upcoming horror games: The Apeiron Project Forgotten Memories In Fear I Trust Nowhere
12-20-2012, 06:30 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hobbsicle View Post
If I remember right, it's pretty comparable to the length of a Telltale game episode. Maybe even a touch longer? Regardless, definitely worth more than 99 cents.
Yep, for sure! I just finished it up and it was delightful.

I didn't time myself but I'd say maybe two and a half hours? I did get stuck for a while on what I think is the only somewhat unfair puzzle in the game.

The chervil. I'd already searched the bookcase and found nothing of interest, so it seems a little unfair to change that area after I receive the spice puzzle. Especially since the solution is somewhat adventure game logic-y to begin with -- oh, look, the book about herbs just happens to have pressed herbs in it!

Not a huge deal, but in a game that was generally very fair about puzzles, it stood out.

Anyway, first impressions held up. Really polished. Great graphics. Fun, flexible puzzles. Loved the dialogue, which was witty without trying too hard. And the voice acting, which is often so hit-and-miss with indy games, was terrific.

It would be a shame if this got lost in the deluge of shiny new releases this week. It's one of the best adventure games I've played on iOS.

Bring on part two!