★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
12-20-2012, 08:35 AM
Bought, and looking forward to spending some time with it later. Thanks!
12-20-2012, 01:53 PM
not support 3Gs,is this good game?

Game center ID: ip4weather
Upcoming horror games: The Apeiron Project Forgotten Memories In Fear I Trust Nowhere

12-20-2012, 06:30 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hobbsicle View Post
If I remember right, it's pretty comparable to the length of a Telltale game episode. Maybe even a touch longer? Regardless, definitely worth more than 99 cents.
Yep, for sure! I just finished it up and it was delightful.

I didn't time myself but I'd say maybe two and a half hours? I did get stuck for a while on what I think is the only somewhat unfair puzzle in the game.

The chervil. I'd already searched the bookcase and found nothing of interest, so it seems a little unfair to change that area after I receive the spice puzzle. Especially since the solution is somewhat adventure game logic-y to begin with -- oh, look, the book about herbs just happens to have pressed herbs in it!

Not a huge deal, but in a game that was generally very fair about puzzles, it stood out.

Anyway, first impressions held up. Really polished. Great graphics. Fun, flexible puzzles. Loved the dialogue, which was witty without trying too hard. And the voice acting, which is often so hit-and-miss with indy games, was terrific.

It would be a shame if this got lost in the deluge of shiny new releases this week. It's one of the best adventure games I've played on iOS.

Bring on part two!
12-20-2012, 06:33 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Georgina View Post
Yep, for sure! I just finished it up and it was delightful.

I didn't time myself but I'd say maybe two and a half hours? I did get stuck for a while on what I think is the only somewhat unfair puzzle in the game.

The chervil. I'd already searched the bookcase and found nothing of interest, so it seems a little unfair to change that area after I receive the spice puzzle. Especially since the solution is somewhat adventure game logic-y to begin with -- oh, look, the book about herbs just happens to have pressed herbs in it!

Not a huge deal, but in a game that was generally very fair about puzzles, it stood out.

Anyway, first impressions held up. Really polished. Great graphics. Fun, flexible puzzles. Loved the dialogue, which was witty without trying too hard. And the voice acting, which is often so hit-and-miss with indy games, was terrific.

It would be a shame if this got lost in the deluge of shiny new releases this week. It's one of the best adventure games I've played on iOS.

Bring on part two!
Does it play on touch 4?
12-20-2012, 06:38 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bramblett05 View Post
Does it play on touch 4?
According to the description, yes, as long as you have iOS 4.3 or newer.
12-24-2012, 09:04 AM
Just fired this one up on the 4S and man does it remind me of Curse of monkey Island on the PC which was my favorite on the Monkey Island Series. Awesome point and click adventure game right here, and I love the style that your finger becomes some sort of radar that detects all interact-able object in close proximity.

Very polished, and has some funny scripting too. I wish they get all episodes out soon, coz im definitely buying all of these.

Exact-Psience My 2014 Top 10 Games of the Year: Monster Hunter Freedom Unite, Hearthstone, VVVVVV, Battleheart Legacy, Wayward Souls, Bug Heroes 2, Powerpuff Girls Defenders of Townsville, Deep Loot, Monument Valley, Bioshock Honorable Mentions: Traps N Gemstones, Bardbarian, Goblin Sword
12-24-2012, 09:16 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Exact-Psience View Post
Just fired this one up on the 4S and man does it remind me of Curse of monkey Island on the PC which was my favorite on the Monkey Island Series. Awesome point and click adventure game right here, and I love the style that your finger becomes some sort of radar that detects all interact-able object in close proximity.

Very polished, and has some funny scripting too. I wish they get all episodes out soon, coz im definitely buying all of these.
Yea I got this one and the Hector series
12-28-2012, 03:00 PM
Thanks, guys.

Hey all,

My name is Theo, I'm one of the devs behind "The Journey Down". I just wanted to thank everyone here for the kind words about the game and also thank you for supporting our development by purchasing a copy. We love you for it!

Don't miss the fact that you can follow the development of chapter two over on our dev blog.

Thanks again!

Fingers crossed for some coverage of the game here on TA. We desperately need it to be seen over the noise.

Peace,

theo
12-28-2012, 04:23 PM
This game is really awesome. I have already played a lot of adventure games, but this one is at the top of my list. It's on par with or even better than the games from telltale! Seriously guys, play this game, you won't regret it one bit!
12-28-2012, 05:49 PM
Agreed! This is high quality and a really nice experience. Great work on the UI conversion to touchscreen.
Completed the episode in about 5 or 6 hours I think, and really excited for the next episodes! How many will there be?