Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > iPhone and iPad Games

Old 12-20-2012, 07:38 PM
iPad mini, iOS 7.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by bramblett05 View Post
Does it play on touch 4?
According to the description, yes, as long as you have iOS 4.3 or newer.
Old 12-24-2012, 10:04 AM
iPad Air, iOS 7.x

Just fired this one up on the 4S and man does it remind me of Curse of monkey Island on the PC which was my favorite on the Monkey Island Series. Awesome point and click adventure game right here, and I love the style that your finger becomes some sort of radar that detects all interact-able object in close proximity.

Very polished, and has some funny scripting too. I wish they get all episodes out soon, coz im definitely buying all of these.
Old 12-28-2012, 04:00 PM
iPad 2, iOS 5.x

Default Thanks, guys.

Hey all,

My name is Theo, I'm one of the devs behind "The Journey Down". I just wanted to thank everyone here for the kind words about the game and also thank you for supporting our development by purchasing a copy. We love you for it!

Don't miss the fact that you can follow the development of chapter two over on [URL="http://www.desura.com/games/the-journey-down-chapter-one/forum/thread/henrik-englund-work-in-progress-chapter-2"]our dev blog[/URL].

Thanks again!

Fingers crossed for some coverage of the game here on TA. We desperately need it to be seen over the noise.

Peace,

theo
Old 12-28-2012, 05:23 PM
iPod Touch (2nd Gen), OS 4.x

This game is really awesome. I have already played a lot of adventure games, but this one is at the top of my list. It's on par with or even better than the games from telltale! Seriously guys, play this game, you won't regret it one bit!
Old 12-28-2012, 06:49 PM
iPad Air, iOS 7.x

Agreed! This is high quality and a really nice experience. Great work on the UI conversion to touchscreen.
Completed the episode in about 5 or 6 hours I think, and really excited for the next episodes! How many will there be?
Old 12-29-2012, 04:20 AM
iPod Touch (4th Gen), iOS 5.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by skygoblin View Post
Hey all,

My name is Theo, I'm one of the devs behind "The Journey Down". I just wanted to thank everyone here for the kind words about the game and also thank you for supporting our development by purchasing a copy. We love you for it!

Don't miss the fact that you can follow the development of chapter two over on our dev blog.

Thanks again!

Fingers crossed for some coverage of the game here on TA. We desperately need it to be seen over the noise.

Peace,

theo
Hi Theo can you confirm that this plays well on the iPod touch 4th gen. I know the description says it does but I've been burned many times before by that.... The telltale games spring to mind in particular while you can theoretically play them they crash far too much and are too laggy to make them enjoyable.

That's the only reason I haven't bought this because it looks ace
Old 12-29-2012, 06:20 AM
iPad 2, iOS 5.x

woutibara: Thanks a ton, it's an honor to be compared with industry veterans such as telltale!

Baracus: Thanks, we put a lot of hard work into making sure the UI was just as intuitive with touchscreen as with a mouse. I'm glad to hear people agree with me that it turned out rather awesome. As for episodes, there are four chapters planned, but we are toying with the idea of combining three and four into one big episode, so we might just do three chapters. We'll see.

orangecan: I haven't played it on iPod touch 4th gen, so I don't want to vouch for it running flawlessly. But I'm pretty confident that we have had people betatest it on that device and they have told us that it indeed runs on it. I guess it's a bit of a gamble. Wish I could give you a more direct answer, sorry that I can't. We are a tiny development studio with very little means of being able to test things ourselves, so have relied heavily on external testing.

The whole game was developed with one borrowed first gen iPad and one iPhone. And emulators, of course. So we haven't really had access to any wide array of hardware.
Old 12-29-2012, 06:41 AM
iPad (4th Gen), iOS 7.x

On the whole, I liked this first outing with its spin on Grim Fandango's stylistic approach, but one thing I'd like to see far less of in the following episodes is the obvious padding designed to artificially lengthen the play time.

In this first chapter, far too many puzzles require you to go from one end of the game world to the other and back again repeatedly, to the point where you literally spend more time walking back and forward through the same few screens than you do actually solving the puzzles.

While the preferred solution would be a bigger world with more tightly-designed puzzles, if you want to keep the same heavy emphasis on trudging back and forth, at least provide the standard fast travel option many latter-day point and click adventures use.
Old 01-07-2013, 01:23 PM

Wow really great game. Having a blast playing this and enjoy the trip back to memory lane when grim fandango was just out. Nearly overlooked the game so luckily the TA review popped up today . Instantly bought it. Heads up for the devs !
Old 05-03-2013, 03:59 AM
iPhone 6, iOS 8.x

Oh man! I love dis adventure!
Especially the characters and setting are great.
I so laughed my ass of at the scene where Bwana climbed over to the Yacht and lets himself drop into the pool, lol.
Can't wait for more!