Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > iPhone and iPad Games

Old 12-21-2012, 08:52 AM
iPad (4th Gen), iOS 7.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by LordGek View Post
Yeah the AI, even Medium, I find pretty credible and have lost to it by it defeating a final boss many times (perhaps only a testament to me taking too long to do it myself).
I started a new game to test before I posted (to make sure I wasn't misremembering), and through creative jiggery managed to achieve a rare loss to an AI that finished the game with half of the red boss cards, and all of the green ones. :P
Old 12-21-2012, 06:14 PM
iPhone 5

Anyone having problem with the server? Can't seem to connect online on most of the play deck games.
Old 12-21-2012, 06:38 PM
iPad Air, iOS 7.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by kitkeat View Post
Anyone having problem with the server? Can't seem to connect online on most of the play deck games.
I noticed the server connections have been spotty the last few days as well.
Old 12-21-2012, 06:43 PM
iPad, iOS 5.x

Yes Appletini, I agree with you that it's not the best strategy. But considering how weak I've found the AI to be in the 4 or 5 games I played against medium, it would have been a step up.

I saw the Medium AI buy a couple Red boss cards tonight, but never bought a Green boss card even when it had the tokens. Hard AI is making much better choices, much more like the second level AI in Ascension. Hopefully Playdek will refine the choices the lower level AIs make in future updates. Either way, still a fun game to play, here's hoping expansions make their way in as IAP!
Old 12-22-2012, 09:44 AM

Server connections are horrible lately. Lost 3 games because I couldn't connect and timer ran out. Love the game other than this issue though.
Old 12-22-2012, 06:41 PM

Loving the game, found the tutorial very helpful to get me started. Currently playing a few online games and fully expecting to have my ass handed to me! I'm having so much fun with this that I've just bought the physical game to introduce to a few friends. Hope the expansion makes its way into the IOS version as IAP... Might encourage me to buy the physical version of that too.
Old 12-22-2012, 11:53 PM
iPad mini, iOS 6.x

After getting more comfortable with the game I'm ready for some online play if anyone wants to send me a request for regular async games. It didn't take too long as its very similar to Ascension. This game is just amazing in all aspects. I'm looking forward to owning any and all future expansions released as in Ascension (Summoner Wars too).

Playdek has done it again for me. The only game to this date I just couldn't get into was Nightfall (don't own Fluxx or Can't Stop so I can't really comment on those), but I did try. I Wasn't feeling the tutorial, gameplay mechanics, and the overall theme just wasn't my style...
Old 12-23-2012, 03:22 AM
iPhone 5c, iOS 7.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by GodSon View Post
After getting more comfortable with the game I'm ready for some online play if anyone wants to send me a request for regular async games. It didn't take too long as its very similar to Ascension. This game is just amazing in all aspects. I'm looking forward to owning any and all future expansions released as in Ascension (Summoner Wars too).

Playdek has done it again for me. The only game to this date I just couldn't get into was Nightfall (don't own Fluxx or Can't Stop so I can't really comment on those), but I did try. I Wasn't feeling the tutorial, gameplay mechanics, and the overall theme just wasn't my style...
I had lost every single game in Nightfall against the easiest AI. I just don't get the trick to that game either. It is just too different from Ascension/Penny Arcade.

Does anyone have a link to pointers for a beginner Nightfaller?
Old 12-23-2012, 07:08 AM
iPad Air, iOS 7.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by iPadisGreat View Post
I had lost every single game in Nightfall against the easiest AI. I just don't get the trick to that game either. It is just too different from Ascension/Penny Arcade.

Does anyone have a link to pointers for a beginner Nightfaller?
I just know one simple tactic that has helped me a lot in Nightfall. Try as much as possible to build your deck around a particular 2 card combo with at least one of the cards, if not both, being a decently powered attacker. By two card combo I mean 2 cards you can directly link to one another (a green card with a link to a yellow card which in turn has a link back to a green card). Once you get to a point where the majority of every hand you draw is composed of these two cards you can easily summon great walls of attackers whenever it is your turn to start a chain (or if really lucky, an opponent might accidentally leave a chain they started open to getting linked up by your huge 2 card devastator).
Old 12-24-2012, 10:33 AM
iPhone 5c, iOS 7.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by LordGek View Post
I just know one simple tactic that has helped me a lot in Nightfall. Try as much as possible to build your deck around a particular 2 card combo with at least one of the cards, if not both, being a decently powered attacker. By two card combo I mean 2 cards you can directly link to one another (a green card with a link to a yellow card which in turn has a link back to a green card). Once you get to a point where the majority of every hand you draw is composed of these two cards you can easily summon great walls of attackers whenever it is your turn to start a chain (or if really lucky, an opponent might accidentally leave a chain they started open to getting linked up by your huge 2 card devastator).
Thanks for the tip, I will try it out. I also found that choosing draft instead of "quick play" helped and I finally won my first game of Nightfall.

Returning to Penny Arcade, did anyone else notice a difficulty spike today? I am still playing with my usual settings, but I have lost every single game today, while I had been consistently winning before this.

Could this be due to an unconscious drift in my strategy or did Penny Arcade/Playdek include a Christmas difficulty spike easter egg?