Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > iPhone and iPad Games

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 03-09-2011, 05:41 AM
ImNoSuperMan ImNoSuperMan is offline
Senior Member
iPad
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 10,515
Default Land-a Panda HD - (by Big Pixel Studios) +lite


Low bandwidth Version | Pop Up


iPad Screenshots:
(click to enlarge)














Lite: http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/land-a-panda-hd-lite/id420627152?mt=8

iPhone Version: http://forums.toucharcade.com/showthread.php?t=86785

Last edited by ImNoSuperMan; 03-10-2011 at 02:36 AM..
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 03-09-2011, 09:29 AM
Bitsandpixeltester Bitsandpixeltester is offline
Senior Member
iPad, OS 3.x
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 246
Default

I love your previous game so I am very excited to get this when it comes out. The gameplay is both unique and has a real visual flair.
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 03-12-2011, 01:13 AM
Squeaker Squeaker is offline
Senior Member
iPad (4th Gen), iOS 6.x
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Daydream
Posts: 3,374
Default

Posted in the iPhone game thread:

Very impressed with the high level of polishness. I love how OF is integrated into the game's UI. I was so pleasantly surprised by the panda popup notifying me that a fellow OF friend was online.

Overall really nice game. Fun, evenly paced and addictive. A perfect example of how casual games should be. I'll be paying close attention to Big Pixel Studios from now on.

By the way I'm playing the HD version and it looks slendid on iPad.
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 03-12-2011, 08:09 AM
Big Pixel's Avatar
Big Pixel Big Pixel is offline
Senior Member
iPhone 4, OS 4.x
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: London
Posts: 228
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Squeaker View Post
Posted in the iPhone game thread:

Very impressed with the high level of polishness. I love how OF is integrated into the game's UI. I was so pleasantly surprised by the panda popup notifying me that a fellow OF friend was online.

Overall really nice game. Fun, evenly paced and addictive. A perfect example of how casual games should be. I'll be paying close attention to Big Pixel Studios from now on.

By the way I'm playing the HD version and it looks slendid on iPad.
Thanks for the kind comments, it's always great hearing from people who are enjoying our games
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 03-12-2011, 09:13 AM
madebymadison madebymadison is offline
Senior Member
iPad 2, iOS 6.x
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 356
Default

Oh wow you guys this is just the kind of easy access fun game I like! The graphics are so cute (all your graphics in your games are superb!) and the gameplay is superb!!! Thanks for making this for my iPad! Now I cannot choose between Piyo2 and this! :-)
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 03-14-2011, 06:20 PM
Chocolate Chocolate is offline
Senior Member
iPod Touch (5th Gen)
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 1,083
Default

Just read the iPhone version thread, then came here since I plan to get an iPad 2 soon (when I can find one!).

QUESTION: why does the iPad version cost twice as much?!

Same game? Same content? Bad enough it's not universal, but twice the price on iPad? Yes, I'm new to iPad app pricing - never really paid attention much until the iPad 2 came along. But seems unfair. I mean, it's basically just the iPhone game with slightly higher resolution, right?
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 03-15-2011, 04:55 AM
Big Pixel's Avatar
Big Pixel Big Pixel is offline
Senior Member
iPhone 4, OS 4.x
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: London
Posts: 228
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chocolate View Post

QUESTION: why does the iPad version cost twice as much?!
Hi Chocolate,

I'll try my best to explain our pricing structure.

We were going to make it a universal app, and to make it financially viable for us we'd have to price it at $2.99 (the same as most of our other games normally cost). However, to compete in the iPhone charts, we really need to be priced at the lowest price point of $0.99, especially as a small indie developer (the big guys can get away with charging a bit more).

Therefore we decided to produce 2 versions of the game, one for iPad and one for iPhone. That way, we can compete with the iPhone market by pricing at $0.99, and those users who want to play on the iPad as well, can purchase it for $1.99 (which is still pretty competitive pricing wise in the iPad market).

So even if you wanted to play on both the iPhone and iPad, you'd still only pay the price that a universal version of the game was going to cost anyway

And personally, I think the iPad version is worth the extra dollar - everything is chunkier and clearer on the screen, and I find it plays slightly better due to the sizing.

I know from a user perspective, it probably doesn't make a whole lot of sense. But just bear in mind how difficult it is for small developers like us to get visibility in the App Store, and to make a living from it.

Hope that comes across right! But if do you have any questions just ask.

Cheers
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 03-15-2011, 10:54 AM
P0tent1al P0tent1al is offline
Senior Member
iPad, OS 4.x
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: United Kingdom
Posts: 323
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Pixel View Post
Hi Chocolate,

I'll try my best to explain our pricing structure.

We were going to make it a universal app, and to make it financially viable for us we'd have to price it at $2.99 (the same as most of our other games normally cost). However, to compete in the iPhone charts, we really need to be priced at the lowest price point of $0.99, especially as a small indie developer (the big guys can get away with charging a bit more).

Therefore we decided to produce 2 versions of the game, one for iPad and one for iPhone. That way, we can compete with the iPhone market by pricing at $0.99, and those users who want to play on the iPad as well, can purchase it for $1.99 (which is still pretty competitive pricing wise in the iPad market).

So even if you wanted to play on both the iPhone and iPad, you'd still only pay the price that a universal version of the game was going to cost anyway

And personally, I think the iPad version is worth the extra dollar - everything is chunkier and clearer on the screen, and I find it plays slightly better due to the sizing.

I know from a user perspective, it probably doesn't make a whole lot of sense. But just bear in mind how difficult it is for small developers like us to get visibility in the App Store, and to make a living from it.

Hope that comes across right! But if do you have any questions just ask.

Cheers

Great reply

Just picked up the iPad version
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 03-15-2011, 11:18 AM
madebymadison madebymadison is offline
Senior Member
iPad 2, iOS 6.x
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 356
Default

It looks, feels and plays like a premium title from one of the 'big boys' and it looks ab-so-lutely gorgeous on the iPad. It's more than worth the price. Premium games like these usually cost more to begin with. I have no problem with the iPad pricing. You get a LOT of value for your money with Land A Panda HD.

I totally recommend it. (As do I recommend Piyo Blocks 2 for the iPad which is KING of the puzzle games for me).
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 03-15-2011, 12:32 PM
madebymadison madebymadison is offline
Senior Member
iPad 2, iOS 6.x
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 356
Default

PS @BigPixel:

I have an idea for an extra world: UNDERWATER WORLD. With water fx and possibly slower water delayed physics to add something extra hard in a future update?! Wouldnt that be awesome?
Reply With Quote

Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Copyright 2012, TouchArcade.com, LLC.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright 2008 - 2011, TouchArcade.com. Privacy Policy / DMCA Copyright Agent