Old 03-09-2011, 05:41 AM
iPad

Default Land-a Panda HD - (by Big Pixel Studios) +lite

Low bandwidth Version | Pop Up

iPad Screenshots:
(click to enlarge)

Lite: http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/land-a-panda-hd-lite/id420627152?mt=8

iPhone Version: http://forums.toucharcade.com/showthread.php?t=86785

Last edited by ImNoSuperMan; 03-10-2011 at 02:36 AM..
Old 03-09-2011, 09:29 AM
iPad, OS 3.x

I love your previous game so I am very excited to get this when it comes out. The gameplay is both unique and has a real visual flair.
Old 03-12-2011, 01:13 AM
iPad (4th Gen), iOS 6.x

Posted in the iPhone game thread:

Very impressed with the high level of polishness. I love how OF is integrated into the game's UI. I was so pleasantly surprised by the panda popup notifying me that a fellow OF friend was online.

Overall really nice game. Fun, evenly paced and addictive. A perfect example of how casual games should be. I'll be paying close attention to Big Pixel Studios from now on.

By the way I'm playing the HD version and it looks slendid on iPad.
Old 03-12-2011, 08:09 AM
iPhone 4, OS 4.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Squeaker View Post
Posted in the iPhone game thread:

Very impressed with the high level of polishness. I love how OF is integrated into the game's UI. I was so pleasantly surprised by the panda popup notifying me that a fellow OF friend was online.

Overall really nice game. Fun, evenly paced and addictive. A perfect example of how casual games should be. I'll be paying close attention to Big Pixel Studios from now on.

By the way I'm playing the HD version and it looks slendid on iPad.
Thanks for the kind comments, it's always great hearing from people who are enjoying our games
Old 03-12-2011, 09:13 AM
iPad 2, iOS 6.x

Oh wow you guys this is just the kind of easy access fun game I like! The graphics are so cute (all your graphics in your games are superb!) and the gameplay is superb!!! Thanks for making this for my iPad! Now I cannot choose between Piyo2 and this! :-)
Old 03-14-2011, 06:20 PM
iPod Touch (5th Gen)

Just read the iPhone version thread, then came here since I plan to get an iPad 2 soon (when I can find one!).

QUESTION: why does the iPad version cost twice as much?!

Same game? Same content? Bad enough it's not universal, but twice the price on iPad? Yes, I'm new to iPad app pricing - never really paid attention much until the iPad 2 came along. But seems unfair. I mean, it's basically just the iPhone game with slightly higher resolution, right?
Old 03-15-2011, 04:55 AM
iPhone 4, OS 4.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chocolate View Post

QUESTION: why does the iPad version cost twice as much?!
Hi Chocolate,

I'll try my best to explain our pricing structure.

We were going to make it a universal app, and to make it financially viable for us we'd have to price it at $2.99 (the same as most of our other games normally cost). However, to compete in the iPhone charts, we really need to be priced at the lowest price point of $0.99, especially as a small indie developer (the big guys can get away with charging a bit more).

Therefore we decided to produce 2 versions of the game, one for iPad and one for iPhone. That way, we can compete with the iPhone market by pricing at $0.99, and those users who want to play on the iPad as well, can purchase it for $1.99 (which is still pretty competitive pricing wise in the iPad market).

So even if you wanted to play on both the iPhone and iPad, you'd still only pay the price that a universal version of the game was going to cost anyway

And personally, I think the iPad version is worth the extra dollar - everything is chunkier and clearer on the screen, and I find it plays slightly better due to the sizing.

I know from a user perspective, it probably doesn't make a whole lot of sense. But just bear in mind how difficult it is for small developers like us to get visibility in the App Store, and to make a living from it.

Hope that comes across right! But if do you have any questions just ask.

Cheers
Old 03-15-2011, 10:54 AM
iPad, OS 4.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Pixel View Post
Hi Chocolate,

I'll try my best to explain our pricing structure.

We were going to make it a universal app, and to make it financially viable for us we'd have to price it at $2.99 (the same as most of our other games normally cost). However, to compete in the iPhone charts, we really need to be priced at the lowest price point of $0.99, especially as a small indie developer (the big guys can get away with charging a bit more).

Therefore we decided to produce 2 versions of the game, one for iPad and one for iPhone. That way, we can compete with the iPhone market by pricing at $0.99, and those users who want to play on the iPad as well, can purchase it for $1.99 (which is still pretty competitive pricing wise in the iPad market).

So even if you wanted to play on both the iPhone and iPad, you'd still only pay the price that a universal version of the game was going to cost anyway

And personally, I think the iPad version is worth the extra dollar - everything is chunkier and clearer on the screen, and I find it plays slightly better due to the sizing.

I know from a user perspective, it probably doesn't make a whole lot of sense. But just bear in mind how difficult it is for small developers like us to get visibility in the App Store, and to make a living from it.

Hope that comes across right! But if do you have any questions just ask.

Cheers

Great reply

Just picked up the iPad version
Old 03-15-2011, 11:18 AM
iPad 2, iOS 6.x

It looks, feels and plays like a premium title from one of the 'big boys' and it looks ab-so-lutely gorgeous on the iPad. It's more than worth the price. Premium games like these usually cost more to begin with. I have no problem with the iPad pricing. You get a LOT of value for your money with Land A Panda HD.

I totally recommend it. (As do I recommend Piyo Blocks 2 for the iPad which is KING of the puzzle games for me).
Old 03-15-2011, 12:32 PM
iPad 2, iOS 6.x

PS @BigPixel:

I have an idea for an extra world: UNDERWATER WORLD. With water fx and possibly slower water delayed physics to add something extra hard in a future update?! Wouldnt that be awesome?