★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

Flashout 3d will be a buck later tonight

12-18-2012, 05:22 PM
Flashout 3d will be a buck later tonight

Maybe later tonight

12-18-2012, 05:24 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Connector View Post
Maybe later tonight

Looks like crap on touch and its laggy as hell

Edit: forgot to add from iPod touch 4

Last edited by bramblett05; 12-18-2012 at 05:36 PM.

12-18-2012, 05:32 PM
I mentioned this in the main thread after seeing that this sale was coming, but I don't understand he lack of 3GS support for this. I found that there was a lite/free version that would download on the 3GS and it ran pretty darn well. Just a bit of lag while still connecting to Game Center from what I played and a good frame rate. But the full version won't even allow you to download it to a 3GS, saying a gyroscope was required. So WTF?
12-19-2012, 12:24 AM
I've heard this one is better than the usual iOS Wipeout clone. Can anyone confirm if this is must-buy?
12-19-2012, 12:58 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bramblett05 View Post
Looks like crap on touch and its laggy as hell

Edit: forgot to add from iPod touch 4
That's to bad. Thanks for the heads up!
12-19-2012, 01:24 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnarKitty View Post
I've heard this one is better than the usual iOS Wipeout clone. Can anyone confirm if this is must-buy?
Must-buy? No-way!

This is a really, really poor game. Some guys in the main thread liked it, but I think that was only because they were being nice to the dev who was present.

I must agree though that it has potential, but still lots of work left to do. A very cheap WipEout-esque game I must say at that.

There's another similar game coming out soon, I can't remember what name it carried, but just watch out for that. This one...not worth the $0.99 and definitely now worth the time.
12-19-2012, 11:13 AM
Hi, I'm the dev for this game that was present on the other thread

If you are unsure if you will like the game, we relesed Free version that you can check out. It has just two tracks in it, but the overall look, gameplay and the framerate is the same in the full version.

About 3GS support - we decided we don't want to make people complaining about low framerates and giving us low rating that's why we made this decision - we know how hard it is to make you guys happy! But if more guys like you will decide to give us feedback like yours we may add 3GS.
12-19-2012, 03:06 PM
The game is actually quite enjoyable on its own, if we stop comparing it to such awesome classic as WipEout. Said this before, this game needs plenty of extra little polishes yet, but by itself right now, a dollar? Hell yes, the sound track is great, the graphics are good and whoever said the frame rates for iPod touch 4 are laggy couldn't be more wrong, but then again I keep a tab on my memory usage often so maye there's that.
I'm not being nice or anything, I just want those who are on the fence about this to know what those who likes it think.
12-19-2012, 03:09 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by EnterNexus View Post
The game is actually quite enjoyable on its own, if we stop comparing it to such awesome classic as WipEout. Said this before, this game needs plenty of extra little polishes yet, but by itself right now, a dollar? Hell yes, the sound track is great, the graphics are good and whoever said the frame rates for iPod touch 4 are laggy couldn't be more wrong, but then again I keep a tab on my memory usage often so maye there's that.
I'm not being nice or anything, I just want those who are on the fence about this to know what those who likes it think.
I did and I played the free version framerate skips also I always close other apps before playing
12-19-2012, 03:54 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bramblett05 View Post
I did and I played the free version framerate skips also I always close other apps before playing
I use apps that clears up memories before hand, and I always reboots after i played a few memory intensive game. I know it sounds like a pain but after awhile it has became second instinct , so maybe i should change my statement to apply to my iPod touch only I guess?

EDIT: went and played the game with out all the mumbo jumbos, you were right, the framerate skips and jitters.. for the first half of the race. After that the game just works smoothly again for me.

Last edited by EnterNexus; 12-19-2012 at 04:00 PM.