• Publisher: Salvo Inc.
  • Genre: Arcade
  • Device: Universal
  • Size: 34.9 MB
  • Version: 1.5.1
  • Price: Free
  • Average User Rating:
    Not enough votes.
App description: A free digest version of 2d shooting game "VRITRA"!

-Full version is now available!
You can purchase the full version that contains all the stages!

--------------------------------------------------------

Throw down a challenge to all the 80s and 90s gamers. Get back the enthusiasm you had once!

Control the dragon and the vajras, and destroy the evil Dragon Emperor "VRITRA"!
Awesome graphics, powerful sound effects and amazing controls.
This ultimate 2D shooter is a step forward in the history of the shooting games!

-----STORY--------------------------------------------------------

100 years ago the world was a peaceful place and people lived together in peace.
However a black dragon arrived followed its folks with evil thoughts and built their nation.
The dragon called itself Dragon Emperor and ruled the whole world spreading fear, massacring and looting.

The long-suffering inhabitants prayed to be saved, as they believed their old legend:

"when the black dragon will fade in the dark, the blue dragon will shine a light on the world again."

-----ABOUT THE GAME--------------------------------------------------------

- This is a 2D side scrolling shooter. Control the dragon and the vajras to destroy the enemy!

- Use the single boost button only. Keep pressing to blow up the enemies!

- There are 4 kinds of vajras. Take advantage of characteristics of each vajra:
- Blue vajra... Concentrated front attack
- Green vajra... Defense
- Yellow vajra... Wide range attack
- Red vajra... Technical all directions attack

- Each vajra has a different boost behavior! Mastering how to handle the vajra is the key to rule the game!

- You can multiply your score by damaging or destroying the enemy with boost! Build up more multiplier and aim at a high score!

- Support replay function! Download the other users' replay data and learn how they completed the game!

- Support GAME CENTER! Break the record and compete against rivals to get the highest score!

-----SUPPORT DEVICE--------------------------------------------------------

- iPhone 4S or later
- iPad 2 or later

-----SUPPORT--------------------------------------------------------

- VRITRA Official site
http://salvo.jp/app/vritra

- Company site (salvo Inc.)
http://salvo.jp/

Echoseven's comments:

FREE "digest" version: https://itunes.apple.com/nz/app/vritra-digest/id584690910

12-21-2012, 08:42 PM
Ok, I just played the Lite version. I'm not much into the shmup scene, but since this a touch-original game, I thought give it a try. Not bad. Interesting concept. How worth it is it getting the full version?
12-22-2012, 05:23 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Athos View Post
This game seems very promising. For some reason I thought there was going to be more new stuff before the App Store holiday but this is probably the most interesting thing so far.

re: Bytebrain

No upgrades is fine by me. Ikaruga was great without 'em in fact lack thereof was part of the reason it was a better game than Radiant Silvergun. Kinda germane here what with Salvo taking some aesthetic/level design cues from Treasure.
But this game doesn't have any color mechanic which Ikaruga made use of .
If Ikaruga didn't have the color mechanic, it would have been a very boring game indeed...

"To stop the flow of music would be like the stopping of time itself, incredible and inconceivable."
Aaron Copland

01-07-2013, 04:31 PM
Game Impressions

A Continue Option would be great since the Game isn`t really easy so far but still good enough to make me want to play through it
01-07-2013, 04:36 PM
Never noticed this game til it was at the top of this forum. Cool, free version, I love shmups and it is landscape so I can play fullscreen on my tv, so gotta try it. Going to download free version now.
01-14-2013, 05:52 PM
Got the game, really fun! This is great cause I don't really have a lot of fantasy shmups, and this one plays in landscape mode, so I can play on my tv. Since I can play in zoom mode on my tv, there are no borders.

Cool too, that there are alot of difficulty settings. Wow, ultra hard, is really hard. Usually I play on the hardest settings possible, but in this game, hard is about right for me. Really fun game! Highly recommended.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg image.jpg (305.5 KB, 5 views)

Last edited by Connector; 01-14-2013 at 05:54 PM.
01-14-2013, 06:13 PM
A visually engrossing experience and a fun game as well. I like the changes in direction as you scroll and a giant spider? Okay! Having a lot of fun with this! Recommended!

ıllıllı ȼǥɲƹƮȿƹ˅ƹɲ ıllıllı
DEVELOPERS I ADORE
QUANTUM SHEEP CS54 ONE MINUTE GAMES ELEFTHERIOS CHRISTODOULATOS RAVENOUS GAMES ORANGE PIXEL RADIANGAMES CAVE LLAMASOFT (RIP) MADFINGER PASTA GAMES TOUCH FOO KODE80
12-21-2013, 07:38 AM
Up 7 shooting again.
Ikaruga
12-21-2013, 11:46 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by 7lilwhitewolf7 View Post
Up 7 shooting again.
Ikaruga
What does this mean?
01-01-2014, 12:45 PM
since the price wuz lowered i thought id let folkz know + ive been playing it again. i cant pinpoint y it reminds me of that Masterp.e.a.c.e. thtz all m'Lord

DBlc Txt Contxt 7 King I Divine{The Roots}
Wax & EOM{Coins} Mars Ill{Alpha Male 2.0} Soul Position{The Cool Thing To Do} Jean Grae{Taco Day} Rakim{Who Is God} Third Sight{I Will Never Leave You} The Orphanage{Put Ya Quarter Up} @Claudine@Crooklynd@A Time To Kill@The Goonies@Explorers@ DREAMCOLORZ
01-01-2014, 12:48 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by 7lilwhitewolf7 View Post
since the price wuz lowered i thought id let folkz know + ive been playing it again. i cant pinpoint y it reminds me of that Masterp.e.a.c.e. thtz all m'Lord
Yup, it is fun, thtz all m'Lordz!