★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

App Shopper app?

12-18-2012, 07:19 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bramblett05 View Post
It should....hopefully
It just really sucks to know we'll probably never get the iPhone 5 support or that new list that was going to show iphone 5-ready apps...
12-18-2012, 07:36 PM
Sucks for people who don't have the app. I'd say its my most used app since I've owned an iOS device. I also agree with previous posts, it's way better to navigate than the AppStore; always has.

I'm sure it'll be back, I just wonder what changes will have to be made?

Game Center: Diligence

12-18-2012, 07:37 PM
Damn thats all I use, I hope it doesnt stop working!

Favorite games: LittleWing Crystal Caliburn, Legends of Yore, Hook Worlds, Phoenix HD, DoDonPachi Resurrection, Spectral Souls, Bastion, Avadon, Dariusburst SP, Aquaria, King of Dragon Pass & Starbase Orion
12-18-2012, 08:05 PM
me too its my most used app lol, im hoping that TA hasn't written an article on it because it will continue to work for us and because they are finding a way to get back up, maybe all it needs is a redesign to not look too much like the app store...or maybe it will just become a wishlist , nothing wrong with just a woshlist app store has nothing like that and its wat i use it most for
12-18-2012, 08:13 PM
Send a message via Skype™ to dariusjr98
Wow, this is sad. Good thing I still have it in my phone. But a okay alternative to this would be App Price Drops by Apple Sliced.
12-18-2012, 08:34 PM
Ok guys, I've never actually used Appshopper (but heard lots about it).

This new development is disturbing though. To my understanding (correct me if I'm wrong), AppShopper leads customers to the iTunes Appstore by highlighting deals. Its got hundreds of thousands of active users, and when they all swarm to a hot deal highlighted by the app, Apple takes its 30% cut.

Also, there seems to be some extra functionality in Appshopper thats missing from the appstore.

Why is Apple so heavy-handed on this? There must be more to it than what meets the eye. Do you think its because the Appshopper guys pissed Apple off or something? The reason given by Apple is just l.a.m.e.

Edit: Unless AppShopper is making money through referrals or something that violates Apple's rules, I don't see a valid reason for the ban.
12-18-2012, 09:00 PM
Don't know what happened to Apple this year but pretty much everyone I know hates them.

Favourite games: Shadowgun, Lara Croft and the Guardian of Light, Asphalt 7, Dead Space, The Dark Knight Rises, N.O.V.A. 3, Deus Ex: The Fall, Call Of Duty: Strike Team, Gangstar, Bejeweled, Fairway Solitaire.
12-18-2012, 09:04 PM
Don't understand this policy and Apple is hurting itself. Well I will keep using the app it's one of my most used apps by far. Would like to see TA write an article on this. I read that the TA app could even be in danger since it has that hot new games app slider. I don't get it Apple, it's hard to explore for apps on the new iOS AppStore app and by getting rid of these helpful tools can really hurt sales.
12-18-2012, 09:33 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bramblett05 View Post
Apple BETTER not take down TA
Oh hell no! Damn right they better not!
12-18-2012, 09:34 PM
Apple seems to be following a mindset lately where they seem to believe that they can do anything and everything better themselves. See Apple Maps.

MADE THE FRONT PAGE ON TA!
Quote:
Originally Posted by melvin2898 View Post
True Words Spoken By The Great Crex.