★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

App Shopper app?

12-18-2012, 08:34 PM
Ok guys, I've never actually used Appshopper (but heard lots about it).

This new development is disturbing though. To my understanding (correct me if I'm wrong), AppShopper leads customers to the iTunes Appstore by highlighting deals. Its got hundreds of thousands of active users, and when they all swarm to a hot deal highlighted by the app, Apple takes its 30% cut.

Also, there seems to be some extra functionality in Appshopper thats missing from the appstore.

Why is Apple so heavy-handed on this? There must be more to it than what meets the eye. Do you think its because the Appshopper guys pissed Apple off or something? The reason given by Apple is just l.a.m.e.

Edit: Unless AppShopper is making money through referrals or something that violates Apple's rules, I don't see a valid reason for the ban.
12-18-2012, 08:37 PM
Apple finally figured out they were lazy and wants to kill the REAL workers

12-18-2012, 09:00 PM
Don't know what happened to Apple this year but pretty much everyone I know hates them.

Favourite games: Shadowgun, Lara Croft and the Guardian of Light, Asphalt 7, Dead Space, The Dark Knight Rises, N.O.V.A. 3, Deus Ex: The Fall, Call Of Duty: Strike Team, Gangstar, Bejeweled, Fairway Solitaire.
12-18-2012, 09:04 PM
Don't understand this policy and Apple is hurting itself. Well I will keep using the app it's one of my most used apps by far. Would like to see TA write an article on this. I read that the TA app could even be in danger since it has that hot new games app slider. I don't get it Apple, it's hard to explore for apps on the new iOS AppStore app and by getting rid of these helpful tools can really hurt sales.
12-18-2012, 09:08 PM
Apple BETTER not take down TA
12-18-2012, 09:33 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bramblett05 View Post
Apple BETTER not take down TA
Oh hell no! Damn right they better not!
12-18-2012, 09:34 PM
Doctor of Game of the Week-ology
Apple seems to be following a mindset lately where they seem to believe that they can do anything and everything better themselves. See Apple Maps.

MADE THE FRONT PAGE ON TA!
Quote:
Originally Posted by melvin2898 View Post
True Words Spoken By The Great Crex.
12-18-2012, 09:40 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by crex View Post
Apple seems to be following a mindset lately where they seem to believe that they can do anything and everything better themselves. See Apple Maps.
This is why I have a 4g and not 5 I refuse to support more to a lazy company.
12-18-2012, 10:36 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by crex View Post
Haha.. Apple has pretty much done whatever it wants. Since I bought Apple stuff the past few years, I've accepted that whether I agree with them or not.

Shmup Fan? Join our group - Bullet Hell Fanatics
Looking for Cave game recommendations? Check out starting ~half way down this link: Your favorite Shmup from Cave? Which is your favorite Game from Cave?
12-18-2012, 10:57 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tops2 View Post
Haha.. Apple has pretty much done whatever it wants. Since I bought Apple stuff the past few years, I've accepted that whether I agree with them or not.
This is the epitome of the iSheep phenomenon - take whatever Apple feeds you with no question. Seriously, anyone with this attitude has to change and empower themselves to know that there is life beyond Apple if you so please.