Pushdown - from the crazed mind of a six year old

02-27-2015, 11:54 AM
Pushdown - from the crazed mind of a six year old

My 8 year old son and I released an iOS game called Pushdown on February 26th. It's a platform/puzzler iPhone game with pinball-like mechanics for casual players who like to stomp stuff.

It's Featured under the Games Arcade and Adventure categories of the Apple App Store, which we are very excited about.

Youtube link | Pop Up

You play a knight who must rescue his younger brother from an evil castle by feeding cakes to The Frog King. If the concept sounds wacky it's because my son the creative director of the game was six when he dreamt it up. He also designed all the graphics on paper, and recorded the sound effects. I thought it was a nice diversion from my day job, designing The Drowning and Isolani for Dena. Before that I worked on FarCry and the Crysis franchise. Maybe I just wanted a break from FPS games?

Pushdown is available on the appstore for iPhone and iPad right now for $1.99.

There is no advertising, IAP or Social Media buttons in this version, we just wanted to make something fun together.

Gameplay blast:

Youtube link | Pop Up

My son introducing one of his characters:

Youtube link | Pop Up

twitter: @pushdowngame
02-27-2015, 11:57 AM
Looks like you have a cute little gem there
02-27-2015, 12:47 PM
Cute little game by you and your boy! Gotta say, though, that for this kind of game, $.99--yes, $1.99--er, no. Sorry....pass....
02-28-2015, 03:05 AM
Thanks for the kind comments and feedback There's quite a lot of content (27 different levels) so we're happy with the price point right now.
02-28-2015, 03:32 AM
Just two dollars. *looks at his sig*
touchArcade - I love how people tell other people that months of work aren't worth two dollars.

Anyway, I support that. The game cool and kids often have very unusual ideas.
Going to buy now.

Hi, you seemed to be lost on the Internets.
This is TouchArcade, where 2$ for a game is too much, 5$ is an outrage, and 10$ or more is putting sugar in their car tanks whilst killing puppies.