Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > iPhone and iPad Games

Old 12-19-2012, 12:14 PM

5 h for european release... I really have to go to sleep ( tomorrow I'm going to work ) but I can't stop following this thread.
Old 12-19-2012, 12:19 PM
iPad 2, iOS 6.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by BruteOutlawz View Post
Be cool if you could reply to some of these questions being asked..
Not answering the question is an answer in itself, like if your wife asks you if she looks fat in this dress, you're in big trouble if you don't say anything! Unanswered questions are left that way because you don't want to hear the answer, we can draw our own conclusion.
Old 12-19-2012, 12:20 PM

Send a message via MSN to JoshCM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrSpud View Post
Not answering the question is an answer in itself, like if your wife asks you if she looks fat in this dress, you're in big trouble if you don't say anything! Unanswered questions are left that way because you don't want to hear the answer, we can draw our own conclusion.
which question?
Old 12-19-2012, 12:22 PM
iPad (4th Gen), iOS 6.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrSpud View Post
I PMed Josh. Another developer (probably at his request) involved with this game just answered all of our questions. I don't know what anyone's complaining about now we have our answers.

In case you missed the post (on the previous page) here it is:

Quote:
Originally Posted by devx View Post
All effects are the same across devices accept for texture resolution, shadow effects, and plant life details. There is a view distance slider which you can adjust based on your personal preference.

iPhone 5, iPad 4, and iPad 3 run full retina mode with full texture resolution. Other devices scale down the texture resolution based available RAM and rendering bandwidth. The same is done for the plants.

Realtime shadows oy run on iPhone 5 and iPad 4. On other devices we could not sustain our target frame rate with realtime shadows, so they scale down to blob shadows, and eventually get turned off entirely on the lowest supported hardware. Various factors are at play when the shadows are on, including CPU culling, rendering bandwidth, and pixel fill rate. Ultimately the frame rate test is the deciding factor for the realtime shadow support, even though the hardware would technically support it.

Last edited by JBRUU; 12-19-2012 at 12:25 PM..
Old 12-19-2012, 12:23 PM
iPhone 5s, iOS 7.x

Anybody else intending to play hardcore by shunning fast travel in favour of foot or mount only travel ?

I'm going to start that way to increase the immersion and grind my skills up.

I just hope that when my agility reaches the cap that I'm not leaping around like in Morrowind ! Lol.

I may give in and succumb to fast travel if the above method gets old after a few hours though.
Old 12-19-2012, 12:24 PM
iPad (4th Gen), iOS 6.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigred447uk View Post
Anybody else intending to play hardcore by shunning fast travel in favour of foot or mount only travel ?

I'm going to start that way to increase the immersion and grind my skills up.

I just hope that when my agility reaches the cap that I'm not leaping around like in Morriwind ! Lol.

I may give in and succumb to fast travel if the above method gets old after a few hours though.
I'll probably take that route, if only just to explore and gaze upon the beautiful environments and find stuff.
Old 12-19-2012, 12:29 PM
iPhone 4S, iOS 7.x

So roughly how large is the game world? 10's, 100's, 1000's(!) km's? Also, about how many quests/how long is the game?

Looks great and my sole purchase for tonight, cannot wait.
Old 12-19-2012, 12:30 PM
iPad (3rd Gen), iOS 7.x

I agree with the suggestion of an option to switch to a lower resolution and include real-time shadows on the iPad 3 in a future update, if possible. I personally prefer games that display in a resolution somewhere between the original iPads and the new retina iPads with a good frame-rate and full effects.

I'm still looking forward to hitting that Buy button tonight at midnight, though!
Old 12-19-2012, 12:38 PM
iPhone 4S, iOS 7.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Candykiller View Post
I'm still looking forward to hitting that Buy button tonight at midnight, though!
Why only hit it, why not smash it?

Same here...
Old 12-19-2012, 12:43 PM
iPhone 4, iOS 4.x

The game is Fantastic
I am running it on iPhone 4 and it runs pretty smoothly, a couple of frame drops here and there and slight lag when im looking around but nothing major.

I have a question though, when I select Track quest nothing happens, nothing telling me where to go, no mark on the map. Am I missing something? or is this a bug?