Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > iPhone and iPad Games

Old 12-26-2012, 07:28 AM
iPad (3rd Gen), iOS 7.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoshCM View Post
I'm curious how long the game will take to finish without using fast travel a single time.
Maybe we should have a system where you need to use earned points to fast travel, to encourage more exploring?
Or maybe you could introduce an item that enables fast travel but can only be reached much later in the game? That would encourage more exploration for at least part of the game.
Old 12-26-2012, 07:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoshCM View Post
I'm curious how long the game will take to finish without using fast travel a single time.
Maybe we should have a system where you need to use earned points to fast travel, to encourage more exploring?
I'm doing a new playthrough at high difficulty and no fast travel. I have over 3+ hours into the game and I have yet to see the ArchMage (completed the Lamil, Goblin, and White Hand quests). The White Hand gang kicked my butt till I put some ponits into Tactics.

Personally, I find that fast travel takes me out of the game. Perhaps it would be better to create a portal system between specific locations in the world, which you would have to explore to discover. Maybe they are remains of ancient Dark Elven magic, which most people are afraid to use, hence they're overgrown and difficult to spot.
Old 12-26-2012, 07:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by redribbon View Post
Can you please stop asking everyone who asking for help to stop asking?
If you cant help with answer can you please shut up? Not everyone here aware that there is a help thread for RSS. Anyway, this is a discussion thread for RSS so it still valid if anyone here post question, problems, wishlist, suggestion, etc. understood?
Actually, his request is perfectly reasonable. Problems, wish lists, suggestions, bug reports, assessments (positive and negative) are all okay for this thread. Specific questions with spoilers should go on the Help thread. I'm not going to bother moving things around, but it certainly would be helpful if people could post in the appropriate thread.
Old 12-26-2012, 07:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by K0N3 View Post
Guys & Gals... Can you please stop asking for help within this thread! It's getting rather frustrating to read all these questions and answers whilst I'm trying to enjoy this game without spoilers, or even knowing what I've yet to discover...

So please, if you could be so kind as to redirect any quest help to the Ravensword: Shadowlands Help Thread Thank You

To Cresent Moon, Josh & Co. This game is fantastic and a great achievement for iOS gaming as a whole... You guys have out-done yourselfs with the scope of this gem... 5 stars and top of the class... give yourselfs a pat-on-the-back
Errr. No. I am almost certain it's a flaw in the game. Like there are many if I read this thread. Considering the price I think I can choose any thread I want to point this out. Great game, but needs polishing. Being stuck is just not acceptable. Again: i cannot travel out, nor level up to improve jump skills. Sucks balls.
Old 12-26-2012, 07:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheIceman View Post
Errr. No. I am almost certain it's a flaw in the game. Like there are many if I read this thread. Considering the price I think I can choose any thread I want to point this out. Great game, but needs polishing. Being stuck is just not acceptable. Again: i cannot travel out, nor level up to improve jump skills. Sucks balls.
Considering how many people have beaten the game already (including beta testers), the issue is most likely not a flaw but something that you haven't figured out yet. I'll try to check the Help thread regularly to offer advice – I would encourage others who know the game well to do the same.
Old 12-26-2012, 08:49 AM
iPhone 5, iOS 6.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by squarezero View Post
Actually, open-world is an aspect of gameplay. One reason I dislike most 3D PSP/Vita RPGs is that they shuffle you down boring corridors and tiny little maps, instead of allowing you the freedom to explore. I much prefer to be able go where I want to go.

But, of course, you are entitled to your opinion.
Well I did enjoy this game no doubt and there really is nothing like it on the App Store but I have to agree with the previous posters on that doesn't make it a better game. The combat has its problems with responsiveness, the controls obviously are getting some love in the next update which is good. But I felt most of the zones while they looked nice, felt pretty dead and the way the AI moves takes you out of the experience. Like I said I still enjoyed it and in its current state give it a 4 out of 5. I think that is more than reasonable given the bugs. I will more than likely plat it again once an update or two come out.
Old 12-26-2012, 08:52 AM
iPad Air, iOS 7.x

Maybe you could implement fast travel like auto-aim, where you could turn it on of off in the menu. Personally, I like it, as I don't have all day to walk around from quest location to quest location.
Old 12-26-2012, 09:00 AM
iPhone 5, iOS 6.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheIceman View Post
I'm getting a little frustrated as well. Trying to finish the game but as i have mentionedbefore, it is impossible to make the jump to the platform halfway. The one where you also can jump into the roots but can't climb up. Pleeease help me here. I am at this for a few days now.
I got as high as I could then then pointed to the right and jumped on the the big point high up and I kind of jump glitched my way up and then jumped off at the top down to the area, hope this helps.
Old 12-26-2012, 09:01 AM

I found a “little" bug while exploring.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg image.jpg (283.4 KB, 13 views)
Old 12-26-2012, 10:06 AM
iPod Touch (2nd Gen), OS 4.x

Send a message via MSN to thelastscene

How can I hang paintings from my house's walls?