Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > iPhone and iPad Games

Old 03-02-2013, 11:58 AM
iPhone 5c, iOS 7.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoshCM View Post
We started getting it running on iPod touch 4, and more scenes are running now, at least.
Still will take more work to get the entire game running.
Appreciate all the work you guys are putting in for us crones. :P
Old 03-02-2013, 12:24 PM
iPhone 4, iOS 6.x

I love how quickly and consicly josh posts... Thx for the input... And sci fi like mass effect or like fallout cause if it's like mass effect I am ready to buy it three times over and donate some money to u good sir...
Old 03-02-2013, 01:12 PM

Send a message via MSN to JoshCM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zdgames View Post
I love how quickly and consicly josh posts... Thx for the input... And sci fi like mass effect or like fallout cause if it's like mass effect I am ready to buy it three times over and donate some money to u good sir...
well - hmm. its kind of a combination of a few things - mass effect, dead space, fallout, star wars, dune, etc..
Old 03-03-2013, 01:53 PM
iPad Air, iOS 7.x

Quote:
Sorry guys, had to shift gears a little bit because we have a game due for a client which is another big RPG (this time sci fi)
as well as getting the android version out so that those folks can also play it.
As soon as I know when more content is coming I'll let you know!
Not to be flame bait but whenever I hear about an Android version I can't help but to think of the piracy horror stories that some games have had to deal with.

For example:
http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/20...-1-piracy-rate
and
http://www.cinemablend.com/games/Dea...tes-44969.html

If 9 out of 10 copies of 99 cent Android games are pirated, do you feel confident that they'll pay $7 for Ravensword? I'm sure copies for iOS are also acquired illegitimately so I'm not saying iOS players are saints.

Once you release on Android and collected some data, would you be willing to share details about the percentage of pirated copies on iOS vs Android?
Old 03-03-2013, 04:04 PM
iPod Touch (5th Gen), iOS 6.x

Quote:
well - hmm. its kind of a combination of a few things - mass effect, dead space, fallout, star wars, dune, etc..
You had me at fallout
Old 03-03-2013, 04:12 PM

Send a message via MSN to JoshCM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rothgarr View Post
Not to be flame bait but whenever I hear about an Android version I can't help but to think of the piracy horror stories that some games have had to deal with.

For example:
http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/20...-1-piracy-rate
and
http://www.cinemablend.com/games/Dea...tes-44969.html

If 9 out of 10 copies of 99 cent Android games are pirated, do you feel confident that they'll pay $7 for Ravensword? I'm sure copies for iOS are also acquired illegitimately so I'm not saying iOS players are saints.

Once you release on Android and collected some data, would you be willing to share details about the percentage of pirated copies on iOS vs Android?
yeah I'm sure its going to be pretty bad. the game wasn't designed to be a free game though. we're going to add a shop, so people can buy xp and boosts and stuff like that, maybe then some of the people who pirate on android will still pay for something.
Old 03-03-2013, 04:27 PM
iPad (4th Gen), iOS 8.x

Quote:
yeah I'm sure its going to be pretty bad. the game wasn't designed to be a free game though. we're going to add a shop, so people can buy xp and boosts and stuff like that, maybe then some of the people who pirate on android will still pay for something.
Never thought I'd suggest this, but how about adding a shop to the iOS version and if the revenue is sufficient, add some new content?
Old 03-03-2013, 05:03 PM
iPhone 4, iOS 6.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadowking2214 View Post
You had me at fallout
I'm drooling over mass effect and dune fallout was great but new vegas was not so much but mass effect oh my god yes yes yesssssss just what iOS needs epi story life or death dessions and deep and multi level conversations with followers that feel realistic... That is what I want this to be...

Also we need MOAR COWBELL!!!

Last edited by Zdgames; 03-03-2013 at 05:04 PM.. Reason: MOAR cowbell
Old 03-05-2013, 08:11 AM
iPad Air, iOS 7.x

Quote:
yeah I'm sure its going to be pretty bad. The game wasn't designed to be a free game though. we're going to add a shop, so people can buy xp and boosts and stuff like that, maybe then some of the people who pirate on android will still pay for something.
Personally, it seems like a lot of effort with the expectation of a loss. never during my playthrough did I feel like I needed an XP boost or stuff like that so I'm curious if there's any revenue in that. I feel like most pirates hide behind the reason that "well there should be a free trial version". If you had a free version then they'd have no excuse.

It seems like such a widespread problem that you'd think developers would say "sorry, you can't have nice things" on Android or at least make a much bigger stink about it so that Google locks things down a bit more so that developers can deservedly make a living off their hard work.

As was mentioned by someone else, I'd rather you focused your efforts by adding new content for those who paid. if required, I'd even throw a couple dollars if there was an IAP for additional content...
Old 03-05-2013, 10:46 AM
iPad Air, iOS 7.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadowking2214 View Post
You had me at fallout
He had me at Star Wars... And Dune... and Fallout.