Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > iPhone and iPad Games

Old 12-20-2012, 03:05 AM

this one really impressed me! I only bought this game because they said that Ravensword is a Skyrim "ripoff" I never played Skyrim and It would be cool if I have it on my phone ) ***** five stars
Old 12-20-2012, 03:09 AM
Banned
iPhone 4, iOS 6.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBRUU View Post
I agree with most of the above points, but with full retina graphics and realtime shadows (when the bug is fixed) this is worlds away from any PS2 game and probably on par with a PS3 game just because of the incredibly good textures.

Every played MW3 or Gears 3 on an Xbox? It looks like complete crap due to the incredibly low resolution. After being spoiled with retina on my iPad, I can't stand jagged edges everywhere I look.
Gears of war 3 looks like complete crap? Now come on...

Might be time to put down the pipe. Lol
Old 12-20-2012, 03:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex DeLargest View Post
I am one of those picky guys who couldn't get past the fiddly gaminess of Aralon. Between the enemies literally spawning out of the sky before you and standing around until you violated their programmed comfort bubbles to the fussy controls and big, boring, repetitive areas (sewers!), I just couldn't get immersed.

So given that, does Ravensword: Shadowlands improve on the above?
I wish somebody would answer that. I found Aralon incredibly unfun for the above reasons, please someone tell me this game is not like that.
Old 12-20-2012, 03:17 AM
iPad mini 2, iOS 7.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBRUU View Post
I agree with most of the above points, but with full retina graphics and realtime shadows (when the bug is fixed) this is worlds away from any PS2 game and probably on par with a PS3 game just because of the incredibly good textures.

Every played MW3 or Gears 3 on an Xbox? It looks like complete crap due to the incredibly low resolution. After being spoiled with retina on my iPad, I can't stand jagged edges everywhere I look.
I'm playing on an ipad mini, so I cant experience the high texture quality. Overall, in my opinion this game look about as good as some early Xbox 360 games (in terms of the 3D models), which is really good for a mobile game. Also some of the effects, are as good as current open world console games.

It's too bad we don't see more games like this on iOS. When put into the right hands, the iPad and iPhone really have the potential to be great gaming machines. If more AAA quality hardcore games were release, the ipad mini could have the power to kill off the PS Vita and put a good size dent in 3DS sales.

I can't wait to see what 2013 brings for iOS games. If things keep going this good, I may have to retire my 3DS for a bit and use my ipad mini as my main handheld gaming device. It would also be nice to see the PS4 have some connectivity with iOS games.
Old 12-20-2012, 03:21 AM
iPad mini 2, iOS 7.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by CDR_B4kal View Post
this one really impressed me! I only bought this game because they said that Ravensword is a Skyrim "ripoff" I never played Skyrim and It would be cool if I have it on my phone ) ***** five stars
If you like this game, you owe it to yourself to play skyrim. That is hands down, one of the best games of this console generation. I'm not too far into the game yet, but so far this game reminds me a little of skyrim.

It would be a dream come true to see a Bethesda produced sandbox RPG for iOS.
Old 12-20-2012, 03:31 AM

Great game so far, but here's what I'd like to see looked at...

1st person slashing is slower than 3rd person slashing... No idea why.

Stop sheathing my weapon automatically - when you're in a cave full of trolls it's quite easy to take a few hits because you've git to draw your weapon again...

Controls - bottom right for looking is essential. Custom button placement and sizing would solve any problems.

Ipad 4 doesn't have real time shadows for me either, just a round blob - no big deal as the game looks stunning anyway....

I'd like to be able to get the local map full screen, and be able to add waypoints on it... Also the compass should have a directional indicator to tell you where to head next on your tracked quest.

Other than than - stunning!
Old 12-20-2012, 03:34 AM
iPhone 4S, iOS 6.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by oscar123967 View Post
I dont know if this was intentional but when you go into first-person view, the main hand/off hand items don't "bobble"(move around) as you walk. It would look a lot nicer if theh did bobble. I am loving this game though!!!!
Actually you are rigth boths weapons just are super stiff, the should move the same as in third person camera

Thats my only complaint of the first person camera
Old 12-20-2012, 03:41 AM
iPad mini 2, iOS 7.x

Found one more small issue. The default character movement speed is sometimes a bit too fast for some environments (like houses) and some actions (like trying to pick up something). It would make things easier if we had the ability to walk slower by moving the control pad only slightly.

Hopefully the developers can push out a quick update before the lockout, or right after the lockout ends.

Also, has anyone heard how long it takes to finish the main quest? I heard 40 hours, but I'm not sure if that was including side quest.

Ok, back to playing (though I should really get some sleep).
Old 12-20-2012, 03:45 AM
iPad (3rd Gen), iOS 5.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solidfart View Post

I see where he's coming from. When you're a PC gamer used to much higher resolutions and textures, every Xbox game looks like crap.
Old 12-20-2012, 03:54 AM
iPad (4th Gen), iOS 8.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solidfart View Post

Yes it does look pretty bad. It's pushing in sub 720p, yet my iPad is running an open world game at 1536p. There is absolutely no comparison.

Graphics aside, the game is a ton of fun. The quests are well done, you have different ways of going about completing them with differing dialogue (do I pay the guy off or raid his house for the evidence). The issues I'm having are with the camera/controls (manageable but please give us more options in the next update) and lack of realtime shadows (I'm a tad peeved about that, but hey, just fix it in the next update please).