Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > iPhone and iPad Games

Old 12-20-2012, 10:46 AM
iPhone 4S, iOS 7.x

Crashes on iPhone 4S with iOS 6.0.1.
Old 12-20-2012, 12:55 PM
iPad (4th Gen), iOS 7.x

Argh damn it. I thought I'd try and make it through the story mode all in one go with it not saving but it got to chapter 3-2 and it froze during the loading screen I'm seriously loving the game but I think there's a few bugs in need of squashing.
Old 12-20-2012, 05:28 PM
Banned

wow this didnt even get a mention in this weeks games section from what i can see lol
Old 12-20-2012, 10:20 PM
iPad 2

yeah be good if I could actually play it . the game gets to the loading screen then crashes on a black screen. it got thru once (after many many retries) and I was playing the tutorial, got a text and the game crashed. (not) playing on a 4s with iOS 6.0.1. what a waste...
Old 12-21-2012, 02:12 AM
iPhone 5s, iOS 7.x

I was going to hold off buying until some of the issues are fixed. I have no doubt they'll be resolved so I went ahead and picked it up.

Edit: OK, after playing for a bit, it's a heck of a lot of fun. The swipe controls just don't feel quite right so I enabled button controls. One thing I noticed is that when you switch from modern button layout to old school button layout the graphics of the jump and joust button graphics don't change but the actions do. I'm assuming the graphics are to be an indication of what the buttons do. Once it's polished, it'll definitely be high on my list of favorite endless runners.

Update: Man, I'm seriously loving this game! The button controls work much better than the swipe controls. I suppose my small gripe about them are that they are a little too small. I frequently accidentally hit the joust button when I'm trying to jump.

Last edited by Kubaton; 12-21-2012 at 04:27 AM..
Old 12-21-2012, 09:34 AM
iPad (4th Gen), iOS 7.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Planetshooter View Post
"Intense 3d graphics with the Unreal Engine" ...

I'll let you know how it runs (if it does!) on a 1st gen iPad as soon as I get it.
No matter what I do, I can't get this to go beyond loading without crashing out to home page. That's on 1st gen iPad.

Same issue on 4th gen Touch, but I expected that.

Not a massive issue for me as I have an iPad that will play it, but I thought I'd confirm what I've seen (not seen) on the older devices in case that's useful for anyone else.
Old 12-21-2012, 09:36 AM
Developer

Default Update

Im really sorry about the story levels not saving bug. It somehow slipped in.
There is a 1.0.1 uploaded that has it fixed but the problem is the iTunes connect shutdown is already starting tomorrow. So it would need a christmas wonder to still get through before the shutdown. I hope you can bridge that time til the update is released with playing the endless mode.

We beta tested the game also on iPhone 4s devices and had no crashes. As you might know there were such issues with previous unreal engine games where it crashed for some people while it did not for others. It must be a issue with the ram on the iPhone 4s, as far as i know the fact that it has the phone features it also uses more of the 512 ram but i don't know what makes it just crash for some people on 4s. You might also want to try closing all apps or fully restarting the device.
The ram usage is improved in the 1.0.1 but i dont know if its enough for you then.

If you buyed it for a iPhone 4s and have that crashing, I would like to invite you to the Last Knight testing group on testflight. Send me a PM then with your device ID.

If the sensitivity of the normal 1 finger D-Swipe controls are not what you like you can also define it to your liking in the options. The D-Swipe Split controls might be also more up your ally since 2 thumbs controls allow for a much more sensitive controlling without overlapping of inputs. D-Swipe Split is by default much more sensitive. I will check about D-Swipe default sensitivity, it could be that they are also not enough sensitive just for the small devices.

@Planetshooter
iPad 1st gen and iPod4 are not supported, plz always check the description. Its also stated in the first screenshot.

Last edited by Toco Games; 12-21-2012 at 10:00 AM..
Old 12-21-2012, 10:20 AM
iPad (4th Gen), iOS 7.x

Well I'm still having enough fun with the endless mode to justify my purchase because to be honest I wasn't expecting a single player mode anyway so that's just a bonus.
Glad it's being fixed anyway though.
Old 12-21-2012, 05:30 PM
iPad (4th Gen), iOS 7.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by visionwebs View Post

----------------

New edit instead of new post even though it's on page 4 now lol.

So I have finally upgraded every skill to max and bought all available knights. (yah, playing it too much!)

However, there are locked knights but I guess these are buyable after completing the story or something like that? Or is there a certain distance one needs to travel to enable them?

I which case I will continue to play the infinite mode and eagerly await the update
That is one of the things I noticed, everything seems to be really cheap to unlock everything. But on the other hand if they were more expensive people would probably cry freemium. Suppose you can't win.
Old 12-21-2012, 06:18 PM
iPad 2, iOS 7.x

Hi Toco Games
Any chance for GameCenter with Achievements in your next update?
Btw: I really love this game!!!