Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > iPhone and iPad Games

Old 12-23-2012, 04:40 AM
iPod Touch (4th Gen), iOS 5.x

I purchased this game after reading a lot of positive comments and I must admit that I really like the style of it.
The graphics are really nice, it runs super smooth on the iPhone 5 and I haven't encountered a single crash or bug.
There is one thing that disturbs me though, whenever you prepare to joust and see the target from a distance and then you get closer and you see that you have to move a little to the left or the right to hit the target, the joust action gets cancelled and you normally crash into the target...
Would it be possible to somehow not cancel the joust action when strafing?
Old 12-23-2012, 05:05 AM
iPad (4th Gen), iOS 7.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by LookingForGames View Post
I purchased this game after reading a lot of positive comments and I must admit that I really like the style of it.
The graphics are really nice, it runs super smooth on the iPhone 5 and I haven't encountered a single crash or bug.
There is one thing that disturbs me though, whenever you prepare to joust and see the target from a distance and then you get closer and you see that you have to move a little to the left or the right to hit the target, the joust action gets cancelled and you normally crash into the target...
I think strafing and jousting at the same time would make it an easier game and probably should happen n
Old 12-23-2012, 05:22 AM
iPhone 5, iOS 6.x

GREAT! finally I have something else to play other than subway surfers
Old 12-23-2012, 05:42 AM
iPhone 5, iOS 7.x

this game have great graphics and its interesting,work great on my ip4s
Old 12-23-2012, 07:20 AM

Sorry if this has been asked already, but is the gold award only achievable through completing the level without dying or does it only depend on the gold?
Old 12-23-2012, 08:12 AM
Developer

Thanks for the nice words, please also let people know that you like it on the appstore, its currently pretty empty there.

I would love to change the description on the App Store to let everyone know about the issue with the updating but unfortunately iTunes connect is not available til the 28th. I wrote it as a review now in my german appstore, I hope that helps a little.

I also added a FAQ for Last Knight to my website: http://www.tocogames.com/tocogames/support/

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kubaton View Post
This post wasn't directed at me but making the buttons a little bigger on smaller devices would solve my only real annoyance. I have only played endless mode so I haven't experienced the level saves not working. I normally play it on my iPhone 5 and I hit the wrong button a lot because they are too small or too close together. It's much easier on my wife's iPad 4. I'm looking forward to the button changes!
Good, btw if the normal D-Swipe controls were just not responsive enough for you can also try the D-Swipe Split controls since they are much more sensitive. You can also tweak the sensitivity more in the options.

Quote:
Cool! The thing with the lance is that its supposed to be a charge, making it possible to strafe while charging would defeat the mechanic and make it really easy. It would be a bit like having the Shield&Armour power up all the time.

Quote:
Sorry if this has been asked already, but is the gold award only achievable through completing the level without dying or does it only depend on the gold?
Yes, you have to make no use of the checkpoints to get the gold award. If you use only 1 checkpoint you get silver. But better go for gold awards when you have played through the story once. Especially in the later levels it is really hardcore to get a gold award.

The thing is also that you get slightly faster and faster with the distance you make. When you restart on a checkpoint the speed gets also resetted so its a bit easier then.

Last edited by Toco Games; 12-23-2012 at 08:20 AM..
Old 12-23-2012, 08:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toco Games View Post

Cool! The thing with the lance is that its supposed to be a charge, making it possible to strafe while charging would defeat the mechanic and make it really easy. It would be a bit like having the Shield&Armour power up all the time.

Yes, you have to make no use of the checkpoints to get the gold award. If you use only 1 checkpoint you get silver. But better go for gold awards when you have played through the story once. Especially in the later levels it is really hardcore to get a gold award.

The thing is also that you get slightly faster and faster with the distance you make. When you restart on a checkpoint the speed gets also resetted so its a bit easier then.
You're right I guess, I'll probably just need to get used to that! Thanks a lot for the answers, I always appreciate it a lot when the dev is so co-operative!
Old 12-23-2012, 09:17 AM
iPhone 4S, iOS 6.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by joydiv View Post
Buy it already! This probably is the best endless runner I've ever played. It just oozes quality. And it' just 0,89!
It'll be bought the minute the GC update is live! I know the non GC support is what's holding me and other players back.

Either way ill get it down the road when it's updated, I'm not missing anything as I have 10+ games to catch up on like Wraithborne and Ravensword
Old 12-23-2012, 11:19 AM
iPad (3rd Gen), iOS 6.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toco Games View Post
Had you tried the alternative button layout? It has them positioned a bit differently. Are you playing on a small device? I will make those bigger for the next version and make it then also changeable to the small ones.
I tried the old school layout, yes, but I feel they are positioned too close to the inferior border of my iPad 3. I found it very un-ergonomic and prefer the modern layout.

It's just that I noticed sometimes I'm pressing the outer border of the jump button and the game interprets it as a jousting command. In comparison, I don't believe I have ever accidentally jumped when my intention was to joust. I almost feel like the "sensible area" of the jousting button is too wide or too close to the jump button. But, of course, that's just my uninformed opinion.

Last edited by joydiv; 12-23-2012 at 12:57 PM..
Old 12-23-2012, 12:27 PM
iPhone 4S, iOS 6.x

purchased as well, Toco Games any possibility that there could be some optimization updates? for my taste the game mas just smoth when i disable all the effects on my 4s

For the rest the game is working perfect without any crashes