★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
12-21-2012, 09:52 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny1st View Post
Are there any differences to the DS version. Should i still buy it even if i have it on the DS?
Not really, aside from the difficulty choice - its still the same game but just looks sharper with crisp text
12-21-2012, 07:30 PM
Enjoying this! Finally get to play the harder version. Even has audio for some of the dialogue. Worth the price.

12-21-2012, 07:48 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by iPadisGreat View Post
Is Final Fantasy Dimensions a better game? In what way?
I haven't played FF4 enough to compare. FFD is also a must play game, at least for me. The job system is interesting and there is an endless mode after you finish the main story line. It is a game optimized for mindless grinding. Good for a few minutes of play or a longer session. That's why the auto-battle is very fast. The story is tight and interesting too.
12-21-2012, 10:06 PM
is there any way to get rid of the waiting time performed after auto atk?
12-21-2012, 11:52 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seil View Post
They're doing an HD remake/enhanced port(really unclear which) of X. Have been for quite some time now.

VII is the only one off the table that I know of.

I look forward to VI being remade most of all.
I agree 7 would be a tough one to remake. I'm playing ff6 on iPhone right now and it feels like it doesn't need a remake. Altho a small graphical overhaul wouldn't hurt it at all.
12-22-2012, 01:45 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hambo12 View Post
Could you see Final Fantasy VII with chibi style graphics like this one? I would love to see a chibi cloud, (: cloud was in THEATRHYTHM, so im sure e will come to iphone soon.
For the love of god, no.

Exact-Psience My 2014 Top 10 Games of the Year: Monster Hunter Freedom Unite, Hearthstone, VVVVVV, Battleheart Legacy, Wayward Souls, Bug Heroes 2, Powerpuff Girls Defenders of Townsville, Deep Loot, Monument Valley, Bioshock Honorable Mentions: Traps N Gemstones, Bardbarian, Goblin Sword
12-22-2012, 01:46 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Montanx View Post
I agree 7 would be a tough one to remake. I'm playing ff6 on iPhone right now and it feels like it doesn't need a remake. Altho a small graphical overhaul wouldn't hurt it at all.
Square Enix should just port over Vagrant Story to the iOS. I'd gladly pay up to $40 for that if need be.

Exact-Psience My 2014 Top 10 Games of the Year: Monster Hunter Freedom Unite, Hearthstone, VVVVVV, Battleheart Legacy, Wayward Souls, Bug Heroes 2, Powerpuff Girls Defenders of Townsville, Deep Loot, Monument Valley, Bioshock Honorable Mentions: Traps N Gemstones, Bardbarian, Goblin Sword
12-22-2012, 01:56 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by backslashio View Post
Not really, aside from the difficulty choice - its still the same game but just looks sharper with crisp text
Whyt isn't in the iOS version but is in the DS version.
12-22-2012, 02:22 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vovin View Post
I really don't notice the tiny stretch to fit in the iP5 widescreen. That said, I am just glad that I am able to play this on my iPhone.
I started on hard difficulty... will see how hard it gets.
The game is only non-stretched on an iPad, as it's designed for a 4:3 ratio. The standard iPhone screen is obviously a little wider, so it gets some stretching, but on the 16:9 iPhone 5, it's horribly stretched.

Go to the product page in iTunes and toggle the screen shots between iPhone and iPad. You'll see the difference clearly then.
12-22-2012, 04:12 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sakuranbo View Post
The game is only non-stretched on an iPad, as it's designed for a 4:3 ratio. The standard iPhone screen is obviously a little wider, so it gets some stretching, but on the 16:9 iPhone 5, it's horribly stretched.

Go to the product page in iTunes and toggle the screen shots between iPhone and iPad. You'll see the difference clearly then.
Play 5 minutes or so in stretched and then you won't notice it. I have absolutely no problem at all with it. People don't even look fat to me with the stretching. I think playing it this way is the way to go. You also get slightly extra room to place you fingers and touch buttons.