App description: "FINAL FANTASY IV" has finally come to the iPhone/iPod touch/iPad!

The title first debuted in 1991 as the fourth installment in the FINAL FANTASY series. Wildly popular thanks to its unique characters and dramatic storylines, it went on to be ported to many different platforms.

FINAL FANTASY IV was the first title to introduce the Active Time Battle (ATB) system, which has become synonymous with the series. It also saw the introduction of the Augment system, which enabled the transfer of abilities from other characters and gave players an edge in battles.

This iconic title is packed with other amazing features.

- Voice acting for event scenes
Key events unfold with spoken dialogue.

- Deeply emotional portrayals
Characters go through visibly apparent emotional changes.

- A brand new mapping feature
Players start with a completely blank dungeons map, adding an element of the unknown to the mix!

- Jukebox
Players can listen to the game's music anytime they want.

Story

Stripped of his command after questioning the king, the dark knight Cecil, captain of the Red Wings airship brigade, is dispatched to the distant Valley of Mist together with Kain, his sworn comrade and commander of the Dragoons.

And so begins the epic never-before-told tale of the legendary Crystals.

----------------------------------

iOS Version Features

- Brand new 3D graphics, including backgrounds, and revamped events.

- Game difficulty has been adjusted for improved playability.

- Game Center support and plenty of achievements to be earned.

- iPhone 5 compatibility.

Sanuku's comments:

12-21-2012, 09:52 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny1st View Post
Are there any differences to the DS version. Should i still buy it even if i have it on the DS?
Not really, aside from the difficulty choice - its still the same game but just looks sharper with crisp text
12-21-2012, 07:30 PM
Enjoying this! Finally get to play the harder version. Even has audio for some of the dialogue. Worth the price.

12-21-2012, 07:48 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by iPadisGreat View Post
Is Final Fantasy Dimensions a better game? In what way?
I haven't played FF4 enough to compare. FFD is also a must play game, at least for me. The job system is interesting and there is an endless mode after you finish the main story line. It is a game optimized for mindless grinding. Good for a few minutes of play or a longer session. That's why the auto-battle is very fast. The story is tight and interesting too.
12-21-2012, 10:06 PM
is there any way to get rid of the waiting time performed after auto atk?
12-21-2012, 11:52 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seil View Post
They're doing an HD remake/enhanced port(really unclear which) of X. Have been for quite some time now.

VII is the only one off the table that I know of.

I look forward to VI being remade most of all.
I agree 7 would be a tough one to remake. I'm playing ff6 on iPhone right now and it feels like it doesn't need a remake. Altho a small graphical overhaul wouldn't hurt it at all.
12-22-2012, 01:45 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hambo12 View Post
Could you see Final Fantasy VII with chibi style graphics like this one? I would love to see a chibi cloud, (: cloud was in THEATRHYTHM, so im sure e will come to iphone soon.
For the love of god, no.

Exact-Psience My 2014 Top 10 Games of the Year: Monster Hunter Freedom Unite, Hearthstone, VVVVVV, Battleheart Legacy, Wayward Souls, Bug Heroes 2, Powerpuff Girls Defenders of Townsville, Deep Loot, Monument Valley, Bioshock Honorable Mentions: Traps N Gemstones, Bardbarian, Goblin Sword
12-22-2012, 01:46 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Montanx View Post
I agree 7 would be a tough one to remake. I'm playing ff6 on iPhone right now and it feels like it doesn't need a remake. Altho a small graphical overhaul wouldn't hurt it at all.
Square Enix should just port over Vagrant Story to the iOS. I'd gladly pay up to $40 for that if need be.

Exact-Psience My 2014 Top 10 Games of the Year: Monster Hunter Freedom Unite, Hearthstone, VVVVVV, Battleheart Legacy, Wayward Souls, Bug Heroes 2, Powerpuff Girls Defenders of Townsville, Deep Loot, Monument Valley, Bioshock Honorable Mentions: Traps N Gemstones, Bardbarian, Goblin Sword
12-22-2012, 01:56 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by backslashio View Post
Not really, aside from the difficulty choice - its still the same game but just looks sharper with crisp text
Whyt isn't in the iOS version but is in the DS version.
12-22-2012, 02:22 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vovin View Post
I really don't notice the tiny stretch to fit in the iP5 widescreen. That said, I am just glad that I am able to play this on my iPhone.
I started on hard difficulty... will see how hard it gets.
The game is only non-stretched on an iPad, as it's designed for a 4:3 ratio. The standard iPhone screen is obviously a little wider, so it gets some stretching, but on the 16:9 iPhone 5, it's horribly stretched.

Go to the product page in iTunes and toggle the screen shots between iPhone and iPad. You'll see the difference clearly then.
12-22-2012, 04:12 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sakuranbo View Post
The game is only non-stretched on an iPad, as it's designed for a 4:3 ratio. The standard iPhone screen is obviously a little wider, so it gets some stretching, but on the 16:9 iPhone 5, it's horribly stretched.

Go to the product page in iTunes and toggle the screen shots between iPhone and iPad. You'll see the difference clearly then.
Play 5 minutes or so in stretched and then you won't notice it. I have absolutely no problem at all with it. People don't even look fat to me with the stretching. I think playing it this way is the way to go. You also get slightly extra room to place you fingers and touch buttons.