App description: "FINAL FANTASY IV" has finally come to the iPhone/iPod touch/iPad!

The title first debuted in 1991 as the fourth installment in the FINAL FANTASY series. Wildly popular thanks to its unique characters and dramatic storylines, it went on to be ported to many different platforms.

FINAL FANTASY IV was the first title to introduce the Active Time Battle (ATB) system, which has become synonymous with the series. It also saw the introduction of the Augment system, which enabled the transfer of abilities from other characters and gave players an edge in battles.

This iconic title is packed with other amazing features.

- Voice acting for event scenes
Key events unfold with spoken dialogue.

- Deeply emotional portrayals
Characters go through visibly apparent emotional changes.

- A brand new mapping feature
Players start with a completely blank dungeons map, adding an element of the unknown to the mix!

- Jukebox
Players can listen to the game's music anytime they want.

Story

Stripped of his command after questioning the king, the dark knight Cecil, captain of the Red Wings airship brigade, is dispatched to the distant Valley of Mist together with Kain, his sworn comrade and commander of the Dragoons.

And so begins the epic never-before-told tale of the legendary Crystals.

----------------------------------

iOS Version Features

- Brand new 3D graphics, including backgrounds, and revamped events.

- Game difficulty has been adjusted for improved playability.

- Game Center support and plenty of achievements to be earned.

- iPhone 5 compatibility.

Sanuku's comments:

12-22-2012, 06:39 AM
Should I want to play this on my iPad 4 or iPhone 5 for a superior experience? I gotta stick with one but I wish it had iCloud ;(
12-22-2012, 07:03 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by RichRuzz View Post
Should I want to play this on my iPad 4 or iPhone 5 for a superior experience? I gotta stick with one but I wish it had iCloud ;(
Just download it on both and see which you prefer. It is a universal build...

12-22-2012, 07:05 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Montanx View Post
I agree 7 would be a tough one to remake. I'm playing ff6 on iPhone right now and it feels like it doesn't need a remake. Altho a small graphical overhaul wouldn't hurt it at all.
How can you play ff6 on iphone?
12-22-2012, 07:39 AM
It's a great game. I have played it when I was a child on 8 bit, the story is still great after 20 years hehe, the revamp is impressive, I was more into the 8 bit graphic at first, having played about 10 hours or so and watch the cut secnce, it is a fantastic update.

Game Center: Romeo Longsword
Open Feint: affachan
Origin: affachan
12-22-2012, 07:41 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny1st View Post
How can you play ff6 on iphone?
Jailbreak + SNES emulator
12-22-2012, 09:00 AM
Quote:
Had a similar decision to make (ipad3 vs iPod touch 5th) and went with the iPad just for the bigger screen. I hope too they get some iCloud save sync in place.
12-22-2012, 09:36 AM
Quote:
The iPhone 5 screen is either slightly stretched or with FFIV borders so iPad might preserve the original aspect ratio better.
12-22-2012, 09:47 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Romeo Longsword View Post
It's a great game. I have played it when I was a child on 8 bit, the story is still great after 20 years hehe, the revamp is impressive, I was more into the 8 bit graphic at first, having played about 10 hours or so and watch the cut secnce, it is a fantastic update.
Sorry to break this to you bud, but the game was a SNES title - a 16bit machine The NES was 8bit and that had the first 3 FF titles, not FF4

All in all, I like the NDS/IOS version but I most definitely prefer the Complete Collection on PSP. Now *that* is a remake/restyle that I enjoyed.
12-22-2012, 10:10 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sabin1981 View Post
Sorry to break this to you bud, but the game was a SNES title - a 16bit machine The NES was 8bit and that had the first 3 FF titles, not FF4

All in all, I like the NDS/IOS version but I most definitely prefer the Complete Collection on PSP. Now *that* is a remake/restyle that I enjoyed.
Why is the graphics on the psp not 3d? I guess it was just a port + FMV and not a remake?

Not that there's anything wrong with the old graphics (I grew up a 16-bit boy, loving all the Genesis classics). Just curious.
12-22-2012, 11:52 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sabin1981 View Post

Trying to shortchange ff4 by a whole 8 bits! ;P. I didn't play the psp remake but as a comparison, the psp remake of Lunar silver star is the ultimate way to update. Perfect graphical overhaul there, that's what the chibi ff games need.