★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
12-22-2012, 06:39 AM
Should I want to play this on my iPad 4 or iPhone 5 for a superior experience? I gotta stick with one but I wish it had iCloud ;(
12-22-2012, 07:03 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by RichRuzz View Post
Should I want to play this on my iPad 4 or iPhone 5 for a superior experience? I gotta stick with one but I wish it had iCloud ;(
Just download it on both and see which you prefer. It is a universal build...

12-22-2012, 07:05 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Montanx View Post
I agree 7 would be a tough one to remake. I'm playing ff6 on iPhone right now and it feels like it doesn't need a remake. Altho a small graphical overhaul wouldn't hurt it at all.
How can you play ff6 on iphone?
12-22-2012, 07:39 AM
It's a great game. I have played it when I was a child on 8 bit, the story is still great after 20 years hehe, the revamp is impressive, I was more into the 8 bit graphic at first, having played about 10 hours or so and watch the cut secnce, it is a fantastic update.

Game Center: Romeo Longsword
Open Feint: affachan
Origin: affachan
12-22-2012, 07:41 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny1st View Post
How can you play ff6 on iphone?
Jailbreak + SNES emulator
12-22-2012, 09:00 AM
Quote:
Had a similar decision to make (ipad3 vs iPod touch 5th) and went with the iPad just for the bigger screen. I hope too they get some iCloud save sync in place.
12-22-2012, 09:36 AM
Quote:
The iPhone 5 screen is either slightly stretched or with FFIV borders so iPad might preserve the original aspect ratio better.
12-22-2012, 09:47 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Romeo Longsword View Post
It's a great game. I have played it when I was a child on 8 bit, the story is still great after 20 years hehe, the revamp is impressive, I was more into the 8 bit graphic at first, having played about 10 hours or so and watch the cut secnce, it is a fantastic update.
Sorry to break this to you bud, but the game was a SNES title - a 16bit machine The NES was 8bit and that had the first 3 FF titles, not FF4

All in all, I like the NDS/IOS version but I most definitely prefer the Complete Collection on PSP. Now *that* is a remake/restyle that I enjoyed.
12-22-2012, 10:10 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sabin1981 View Post
Sorry to break this to you bud, but the game was a SNES title - a 16bit machine The NES was 8bit and that had the first 3 FF titles, not FF4

All in all, I like the NDS/IOS version but I most definitely prefer the Complete Collection on PSP. Now *that* is a remake/restyle that I enjoyed.
Why is the graphics on the psp not 3d? I guess it was just a port + FMV and not a remake?

Not that there's anything wrong with the old graphics (I grew up a 16-bit boy, loving all the Genesis classics). Just curious.
12-22-2012, 11:52 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sabin1981 View Post

Trying to shortchange ff4 by a whole 8 bits! ;P. I didn't play the psp remake but as a comparison, the psp remake of Lunar silver star is the ultimate way to update. Perfect graphical overhaul there, that's what the chibi ff games need.