12-23-2012, 09:33 PM
Joined: Jan 2012
Location: Philippines
Posts: 18,570
Quote:
Originally Posted by Riotgirl View Post
Note: now at Kaipo (Damcyan Desert). The narrative has now drawn me into the game, without wishing to spoil things for any other first-time players.
Like I said a few posts back, FF4 still has a great storyline and narrative despite being a remake.

Exact-Psience My 2014 Top 10 Games of the Year: Monster Hunter Freedom Unite, Hearthstone, VVVVVV, Battleheart Legacy, Wayward Souls, Bug Heroes 2, Powerpuff Girls Defenders of Townsville, Deep Loot, Monument Valley, Bioshock Honorable Mentions: Traps N Gemstones, Bardbarian, Goblin Sword
12-23-2012, 09:50 PM
Can someone explain to me how you navigate the maps in this game, I always get lost and run into a bunch of random battles that kill me.

12-24-2012, 03:37 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by iPadisGreat View Post
I have only installed it on my iPhone. My iPad is full from all these Christmas bargains.

I do think it might play better on an iPad because I had a few niggles with the virtual joystick on the small iPhone screen.

Maybe someone who has actually played it on an iPad can chime in?
Plays just fine on my iPad 2. I could see navigating the battle menus being slightly tricky on a smaller screen.

Off to Troia now!
12-24-2012, 03:51 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shane Turner View Post
Plays just fine on my iPad 2. I could see navigating the battle menus being slightly tricky on a smaller screen.

Off to Troia now!
Is the game much easier on the normal difficulty level, as in being able to just leave it on auto combat while watching tv?

Still haven't returned to FFIV, plowing through my iPad games to make space...
12-24-2012, 06:37 AM
Frickking augments. I absolutely *hate* auto-potion. Now discovered there doesn't seem to be any way to stop the ability from activating - which means finding a save point before the point I assigned it to Cecil.
12-24-2012, 07:04 AM
You can take auto potion off in the Abilities menu.

Abilities > Character > Auto Potion > Blank Slot.


Would have been nice if it kicked on only when I hit low health.

GC: Too Fat To Run

Last edited by Pooter; 12-24-2012 at 07:09 AM.
12-24-2012, 07:11 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by iPadisGreat View Post
Is the game much easier on the normal difficulty level, as in being able to just leave it on auto combat while watching tv?
I started on hard and I pretty much Auto everything so I'm sure Normal is easy mode.

GC: Too Fat To Run
12-24-2012, 08:00 AM
Joined: Jun 2009
Location: London, UK
Posts: 3,766
Quote:
Originally Posted by sabin1981 View Post
It was more than a bit of a disappointment to see that iOS gamers got the 3D remake rather than the 2D one, but I guess if it convinces Square to bring FFV and FFVI remakes to iOS then I'm all for it.
I don't even want to know how horribly blurry the 2D version would look stretched over a retina iPad screen. If it's anything like Tactics, I wouldn't bother downloading it for free.
12-24-2012, 06:32 PM
Japanese and English?

Does anyone know if the app contains both Japanese and English? In FF1 and 2, if you changed the language settings of your iPad, the game language changed.

I'm curious because I have enough credit in the Japanese iTunes store to buy this, but if it doesn't come with the English then I'm in trouble. My Japanese is good enough to understand some of the simpler dialogue in FF1 & 2, but FF4 is a bit more of a challenge (I've tried with the DS version...). Otherwise I will have to wait till my new credit card comes before I can buy the US version from the US store.
12-24-2012, 07:03 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dbooster View Post
Does anyone know if the app contains both Japanese and English? In FF1 and 2, if you changed the language settings of your iPad, the game language changed.

I'm curious because I have enough credit in the Japanese iTunes store to buy this, but if it doesn't come with the English then I'm in trouble. My Japanese is good enough to understand some of the simpler dialogue in FF1 & 2, but FF4 is a bit more of a challenge (I've tried with the DS version...). Otherwise I will have to wait till my new credit card comes before I can buy the US version from the US store.
I checked and there is no language settings option. You could always just buy a iTunes gift card to purchase apps instead of a credit card.