Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > iPhone and iPad Games

Old 12-19-2012, 09:34 PM
iPad Air, iOS 7.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rusothil View Post
Does it just feel like an expansion and not an entirely new game?
I would have to say yes.
Old 12-19-2012, 09:34 PM
Banned
iPad 2, iOS 6.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ayjona View Post
This is a bit of a shame. I read somewhere that 11bit intended to focus on the touchscreen device this time around, giving us a game adapted to the platform (something that can mean dumbed-down and casual-ized, but in this case made me think of improvements like even better controls, nicer UI, and mobile-friendly additions to the gameplay formula). That made me hope for a true evolution, rather than an incremental update.

But yeah, more of AWE really is good enough
AWE was also adapted to the touchscreen platform! Although it shared the same name with the console/PC version of the game, it is still radically different. The missions are different on the mobile version. It was already adapted to touchscreens, and Anomaly Korea is basically just the same as AWE in that respect.
Old 12-19-2012, 09:38 PM
iPod Touch (5th Gen), iOS 6.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by defred34 View Post
That is exactly what it is - more of the same, but refined and improved on in every aspect, be it gameplay, graphics, pacing and action. The boost ability is the one that probably adds the most to the game.

But like what E-P says, this is a lazy job from the guys at 11 Bit. I really hoped for something radical here...alas, the game is still very, VERY good. Just short of a perfect 5/5 because it is too same to its previous version.
What does it matter though, It was already an amazing game. So they basically made already an amazing game and added new things to it. It really shouldn't matter, why change something that works. It obviously worked since u purchased the game either way. I am buying regardless, because I do love innovation, but this game was already one of the best games released last year. This is going to definitely going to be one of the top releases this year. Doesn't matter. Thanks
Old 12-19-2012, 09:44 PM
iPhone 5s, iOS 7.x

Quote:
AWE was also adapted to the touchscreen platform! Although it shared the same name with the console/PC version of the game, it is still radically different. The missions are different on the mobile version. It was already adapted to touchscreens, and Anomaly Korea is basically just the same as AWE in that respect.
Ye, this I know. I was referring to a comment (supposedly) by the developers themselves, on how the sequel would be targeted solely at and adapted to the iOS platform.
Old 12-19-2012, 09:45 PM
Banned
iPad 2, iOS 6.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evilblackout2 View Post
What does it matter though, It was already an amazing game. So they basically made already an amazing game and added new things to it. It really shouldn't matter, why change something that works. It obviously worked since u purchased the game either way. I am buying regardless, because I do love innovation, but this game was already one of the best games released last year. This is going to definitely going to be one of the top releases this year. Doesn't matter. Thanks
Dude, that is what I am trying to say!!! I have only given a handful of games (5 I think) 4.5/5 this year, and I'm giving that to Anomaly Korea too! I was merely pointing out that it is very similar to AWE, but that in itself is not a bad thing. A sequel should logically be somewhat different from its predecessor. So yeah, this was a 5/5 title that because it doesn't stray too far from the original gets a 4.5/5 (which again IS NOT a bad thing). A slight amount of disappointment, but nevertheless a lot of contentment. Hope that clarifies my position on Anomaly Korea.

To anyone thinking of not getting this game because it is "more of the same", don't do that. Get it, and you'd not have any regret!
Old 12-19-2012, 09:47 PM
Banned
iPad 2, iOS 6.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ayjona View Post
Ye, this I know. I was referring to a comment (supposedly) by the developers themselves, on how the sequel would be targeted solely at and adapted to the iOS platform.
Yes, the developers did indeed say as much. And they weren't lying - there is no PC/console version of Anomaly Korea in the works...it is solely a mobile-only title.

PS: This is what they meant, not redesigning the game for mobile which you have misinterperated it to be.
Old 12-19-2012, 09:51 PM
iPhone 5s, iOS 7.x

Quote:
PS: This is what they meant, not redesigning the game for mobile which you have misinterperated it to be.
Nope. The quote I read left little room for misinterpretation (unless it was misquoted). Just wish I could remember where...

Ah, well, as I wrote above, more of AWE is still good enough.
Old 12-19-2012, 09:51 PM
Banned
iPad 2, iOS 6.x

PS: Sorry for spam posting, but they at the very least could have had more than just the one new ability, unit and tower while maintaining the similar look and feel to AWE. To be frank, I can't remember using Airstrike and Decoy much while playing advanced mode, so they should have removed those 2 and added a new one. Really, if you are smart enough, you can get through with just Repair and Boost on Casual and Advanced. On Hardcore though, it'd be a different matter.
Old 12-19-2012, 09:53 PM
iPod Touch (5th Gen), iOS 6.x

Quote:
Dude, that is what I am trying to say!!! I have only given a handful of games (5 I think) 4.5/5 this year, and I'm giving that to Anomaly Korea too! I was merely pointing out that it is very similar to AWE, but that in itself is not a bad thing. A sequel should logically be somewhat different from its predecessor. So yeah, this was a 5/5 title that because it doesn't stray too far from the original gets a 4.5/5 (which again IS NOT a bad thing). A slight amount of disappointment, but nevertheless a lot of contentment. Hope that clarifies my position on Anomaly Korea.

To anyone thinking of not getting this game because it is "more of the same", don't do that. Get it, and you'd not have any regret!
I completely understand what you are saying. It's true that maybe it might not be the grand change that people were hoping for. Although I haven't played it yet, if it's anything like the original than it's already one of the best games on iOS. I personally was hoping they didn't change much on it, since I liked the game already. Of course I would like added features and more content though, I think gameplay wise it was fine though. Which is why I can understand the criticism of the game, I just feel quality of the game is still superior to most of the games out on iOS in this genre. Thanks and I agree with you completely. I am purchasing this instantly when it enters the App store in the US.
Old 12-19-2012, 09:59 PM
iPhone 4S, iOS 6.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exact-Psience View Post
I would have to say yes.
That's a shame, regardless I'll probably still pick this up with christmas iTunes money just because I loved AWE so much.