★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
App description: "A winningly simple formula that allows for effective tactics to quickly develop."
- Pocket Gamer

'...its becoming a game that I just cant put down.'
- AppAdvice

Cloud Knights is a physics-based action game with an epic fantasy adventure style. It has unique and easy controls, allowing the player to move and fight by simply swinging their weapon. It can be played by up to two players on the same device. Any unlocked campaign level can be played in both single player and co-op mode. The game also includes a dueling mode, which lets players fight each other or play against a CPU-controlled knight.

The players will wield axes, swords and other weapons into battle against invading Undead Legions. Choosing the right weapon for the task is essential since the only way to control the knights is to swing your weapon left or right and use it for leverage. No traditional movement controls are included, so moving and fighting while balancing on the floating platforms can get tricky.

Features:
-----------
* Unique physics-based control method
* 60 level campaign with increasing difficulty
* Boss fights and varying missions
* Two player co-op on same device
* Versus mode for 1-2 player dueling
* Survival mode
* Beautiful game world that gradually changes with every level
* Four different weapon types to choose from. Each with upgrades.

How to play:
---------------
* Hold the right button to swing your weapon clockwise
* Hold the left button to swing your weapon counterclockwise
* Use your weapon to move your character and try to hit the enemies as hard as you can
* Finish the mission given to you in the beginning of the level
* Don't fall!

PeteOzzy's comments:

10-01-2014, 05:31 AM

Youtube link | Pop Up

The game has local co-op feature, 2 mode enabled (Champaign & Versus)
Both of the game mode can be played by 2 persons using single device. Though it feels repetitive at first, the floating platform make this game more challenging than its look. One more, you might need some practice to master the control

Game Center ID: copaeci

10-01-2014, 10:42 AM
Cloud Knights (by Astrosnout)

10-01-2014, 11:20 AM
Took YF6MEJ744HJA.
Thanks!

FYI, requires iOS 8.0 or later.

I'll try and leave some impressions after I dig into it a little.
10-01-2014, 05:07 PM
Ok, spent a bit of time with this now, and having just defeated the first boss, there's enough for me to go on to give some impressions. Mechanically, the game works well. Controls are simple, just left and right with player movement governed by the action of the weapon against the ground and the momentum that imparts. The physics aspect is fine as is the quality of the art and animation. I have only played the single player campaign so can only comment on that. There is some real potential here but at the moment the game is lacking somewhat. There is very little variation to the enemies graphically or in terms of their strategy or movement. The main variation seems to be in size. In addition, while the layout of the levels does change and there is the ability to 'fall off' certain levels adding a extra layer of strategy, the control method makes it difficult to have a multi-level layout like super crate box for instance. As such, the layouts are limited and there is not enough variation in the backgrounds across the 17 or so levels I have completed so far. Also, there is no ability to upgrade other than new weapons which unlock as you progress although these are all variations on the bladed theme. As the weapon is so pivotal to movement I can understand the lack of variation in weapons but ability to purchase armour or costumes would add interest both strategically and graphically. In short, my biggest issue is one of variation. I already feel I am grinding although there seems to be nothing for me to grind for. There is a lot of good things about this which could be developed. While there are interesting options in terms of one device multiplayer and PVP I feel the lack of variation and customisation will provide some short-term enjoyment but no longevity in its current state. Customisation, different enemy types, more exciting bosses, different missions to break up levels and more graphical variation would turn this into something potentially great.
10-02-2014, 12:54 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zineman View Post
Ok, spent a bit of time with this now, and having just defeated the first boss, there's enough for me to go on to give some impressions. Mechanically, the game works well. Controls are simple, just left and right with player movement governed by the action of the weapon against the ground and the momentum that imparts. The physics aspect is fine as is the quality of the art and animation. I have only played the single player campaign so can only comment on that. There is some real potential here but at the moment the game is lacking somewhat. There is very little variation to the enemies graphically or in terms of their strategy or movement. The main variation seems to be in size. In addition, while the layout of the levels does change and there is the ability to 'fall off' certain levels adding a extra layer of strategy, the control method makes it difficult to have a multi-level layout like super crate box for instance. As such, the layouts are limited and there is not enough variation in the backgrounds across the 17 or so levels I have completed so far. Also, there is no ability to upgrade other than new weapons which unlock as you progress although these are all variations on the bladed theme. As the weapon is so pivotal to movement I can understand the lack of variation in weapons but ability to purchase armour or costumes would add interest both strategically and graphically. In short, my biggest issue is one of variation. I already feel I am grinding although there seems to be nothing for me to grind for. There is a lot of good things about this which could be developed. While there are interesting options in terms of one device multiplayer and PVP I feel the lack of variation and customisation will provide some short-term enjoyment but no longevity in its current state. Customisation, different enemy types, more exciting bosses, different missions to break up levels and more graphical variation would turn this into something potentially great.
Thanks for saving me money.
10-07-2014, 09:30 AM
I finally got around to playing a little of this today. It's actually pretty fun. It's better than I expected. My only real complaint, like what was said before, the lack of upgrades/options. You have 3 swords you can unlock, but it would be nice to be able to collect money to buy armor, outfits, weapons, ect. Other than that, it's pretty fun. I've only played the first 4 or 5 missions, so I can't really recommend the game just yet. It seems to have a lot of levels though. I would say, throw in a blacksmith and a store to buy power ups and accessories and this would be a 5 star game. I'll leave something a little more detailed once I play through the first world.
10-15-2014, 02:49 AM
The Gameplay:

Beta Testing : Forgotten Memories: Alternate Realities, Sky Force 2014

11-08-2014, 08:27 AM
Free today, but given what I've just read here, I think I'll still pass.
11-08-2014, 11:41 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jesse_dylan View Post
Free today, but given what I've just read here, I think I'll still pass.
Personally, I'm really glad to have picked this up. The graphics are great the premise is fun. Honestly the two-player mode is a blast! It's just as fun as say Wrestle Jump or Soccer Physics.

I really am disappointed that this game appears not to have done well for Astrosnout, as a lot of work, I'm sure, went into making it.

Richard