Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > iPhone and iPad Games

Old 12-19-2012, 07:00 AM
iPad 2, iOS 5.x

SENSEI!!!!! i dunno but the trailer really got me..instabuy coz of sensei!
Old 12-19-2012, 07:02 AM
iPad (4th Gen), iOS 6.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheFrost View Post
Karateka only runs on these devices: iPhone 4S, iPhone 5, iPad 2, the new iPad, and the mini-iPad. NO iPhone 4 or Touch4
Check the requirements again you'll find it compatible with iPhone 3GS, iPhone 4, iPhone 4S, iPhone 5, iPod touch (3rd generation), iPod touch (4th generation), iPod touch (5th generation) and iPad. Requires iOS 4.0 or later.
Old 12-19-2012, 07:03 AM

Please tell me this has Game Centre achievements... Oh please...
Old 12-19-2012, 07:03 AM
iPad Air, iOS 7.x

Really looking forward to buying this tonight. With all the price drops and giveaways along with the new releases...man, I love this time of the year!
Old 12-19-2012, 07:04 AM
Banned
iPhone 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by shero89 View Post
Check the requirements again you'll find it compatible with iPhone 3GS, iPhone 4, iPhone 4S, iPhone 5, iPod touch (3rd generation), iPod touch (4th generation), iPod touch (5th generation) and iPad. Requires iOS 4.0 or later.
Nonono thats Apple requirements. If you read the description it says clearly the devices it will run on from the developer

Quote:
From PRINCE OF PERSIA creator Jordan Mechner, the original side-scrolling karate classic comes to the iPhone 4S, iPhone 5, iPad 2, the new iPad, and the mini-iPad with art by Jeff Matsuda (THE BATMAN) and music by Grammy-winning composer Christopher Tin (CIVILIZATION IV). Fight to save the lovely Mariko from the evil warlord Akuma and reunite her with her True Love!
Old 12-19-2012, 07:04 AM
iPad Air, iOS 7.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by shero89 View Post
Yeah but in the description it's written: "the original side-scrolling karate classic comes to the iPhone 4S, iPhone 5, iPad 2, the new iPad, and the mini-iPad"
Old 12-19-2012, 07:07 AM
iPad (4th Gen), iOS 6.x

Quote:
Nonono thats Apple requirements. If you read the description it says clearly the devices it will run on from the developer
Bummer I'm gonna buy it anyways and will try it on my brother's iPhone 4
Old 12-19-2012, 07:08 AM
iPad 2, iOS 7.x

INSTA buy!!!!
Old 12-19-2012, 07:24 AM
iPad mini, iOS 6.x

Quote:
Karateka only runs on these devices: iPhone 4S, iPhone 5, iPad 2, the new iPad, and the mini-iPad. NO iPhone 4 or Touch4
"Requirements : Compatible with iPhone 3GS, iPhone 4, iPhone 4S, iPhone 5, iPod touch (3rd generation), iPod touch (4th generation), iPod touch (5th generation) and iPad. Requires iOS 4.0 or later."

I hate when they get my hopes up in the requirements section, only to dash them in the actual description.

Oh well, I have this on my PC, anyway.

Just a few words of warning to those that are thinking of getting it when it drops in the U.S. tonight:

1. This is not the classic that you remember. If you are buying this to relive the nostalgia of your c-64 or Apple IIe days, you will be dissapointed.

2. This is a very short game. You can "finish" it within half an hour. But the challenge is to finish it with the first guy, who is the "True Love" of the princess. That will take you at least a few tries, so this game does have some longevity to it, but not much.

3. I know the gameplay of the original wasn't exactly Street Fighter, but this game is even shallower. Instead of having to read your opponent and outmaneuver them using your six strikes (high, middle, and low punches and kicks), as in the original, you now just press a single button over and over with the right timing to block a sequence of attacks, then mash any combination of punches and kicks until they start defending again. Then they attack again and it goes on.

4. The attack animations in this game are pretty crappy. I don't know how they thought some of the moves you do in this game would look cool, but they do not. And if you lose the first two guys and end up playing as the Brute, he pretty much just wails on them with his fists and all real semblence of martial arts is thrown right out the window.

But it is pretty cheap, so you won't be out much if you get it and don't like it, but the filesize might be a little big for some people for being such a short game.

Last edited by MrMojoRisin; 12-19-2012 at 07:37 AM..
Old 12-19-2012, 07:30 AM
Banned
iPad 2, iOS 6.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrMojoRisin View Post
2. This is a very short game. You can "finish" it within half an hour. But the challenge is to finish it with the first guy, who is the "True Love" of the princess. That will take you at least a few tries, so this game does have some longevity to it, but not much.
Ok, 30 mins of unique playtime sucks. Now I'm having second thoughts...I thought the way TA was promoting this meant it'd be a great game...