Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > iPhone and iPad Games

Old 12-20-2012, 10:18 PM
iPad (3rd Gen), iOS 7.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by defred34 View Post
I've never heard of him before, and as such I don't see why it is so important I know who this person is.

PS: Ok, if this is what makes him famous and noteworthy, colour me unimpressed.
I don't think it matters if you know who Blake is, but if you're not impressed by that marvel of a collection, you're dead to me
Old 12-20-2012, 10:33 PM
Banned
iPad 2, iOS 6.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by MidianGTX View Post
I don't think it matters if you know who Blake is, but if you're not impressed by that marvel of a collection, you're dead to me
Thanks for being utterly rude and disrespectful.

In any case, I do not appreciate it nor feel impressed by it because I was probably un-alive at that era. And since I have been mostly born and bred in the modern 21-st century world, such things are of no interest to me. Actually, they would have been if they had some nice graphics, not ones that are made from discernible boxes!
Old 12-20-2012, 10:52 PM
iPad (4th Gen)

Fun, good game, though I finished it in 20-or so minutes! Need a lot more content, as well as the timing should be different for each fighter and not so frikkin' easy! Sad, this coulda been really great! Only needed 2 lives to finish completely! That's bogus. Can't see much reason to play this again. Could be SO much more! Disappointed to be honest, although what there is there is really fun and looks great. I'm bummed.
Old 12-20-2012, 11:23 PM
iPad Air, iOS 8.x

Default Quick Impressions

I really enjoyed the cinematic framing sequences that lead into the varied fight stages. The theatrical soundtrack hits the right notes (pun intended) accentuating each scene. The difficulty is pitched just right requiring a good sense of timing by noting the audible orchestral cues and the dotted guides just above the fighters. Don't make the mistake of dismissing the simplified, one-handed game mechanic as it betrays the underlying, complex, split-second response time required in response to the audible and visual tells. This version definitely brings the old-school Kareteka into the 21st century and is a fun diversion to dig into...albeit for a short while.

As has been mentioned already, gameplay is brief with only the three alternate endings keeping the player captive. However, once that's been accomplished, the lack of replayability becomes its downfall as there isn't much else to look forward to. Overall, this is a well-crafted game that has a host of great moments, but the brevity of content left me feeling like I'd ate a bagful of Cheese Puffs, when I was expecting a delectable four-course meal.

Last edited by ColeDaddy; 12-21-2012 at 08:05 PM..
Old 12-21-2012, 03:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by metalcasket View Post
iPhone 4's not even supported.
But on iPhone 4S it doesnt run much better. Maybe it run good on iPhone 5. But to be honest I dont see reason why ?
Old 12-21-2012, 03:30 AM

The original was great for its day and believe it or not was a step forward for animation at the time. It was freaking hard and unforgiving though, frustrating but fun at the same time.

To those who've played the original, what are the differences and similarities? Worthy successor?
Old 12-21-2012, 09:37 AM
iPad mini, iOS 6.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by september View Post
The original was great for its day and believe it or not was a step forward for animation at the time. It was freaking hard and unforgiving though, frustrating but fun at the same time.

To those who've played the original, what are the differences and similarities? Worthy successor?
Have you read any of the above posts?

Anyway, this game is crap and is nothing like the original. The gameplay is super shallow. which might have been ok with great animations, but they suck as well.
Old 12-21-2012, 09:42 AM
iPhone 4S, iOS 5.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by FilipAGuy View Post
But on iPhone 4S it doesnt run much better. Maybe it run good on iPhone 5. But to be honest I dont see reason why ?
It doesn't run nearly as good on the iPhone 5 as it should. It gets choppy from time to time.
Old 12-21-2012, 07:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrMojoRisin View Post
Have you read any of the above posts?

Anyway, this game is crap and is nothing like the original. The gameplay is super shallow. which might have been ok with great animations, but they suck as well.
Had a look at the first couple but didn't sift through all 8 pages no.

Thanks for the heads up.
Old 12-22-2012, 12:50 PM

Contrary to the experience of some gamers posted here, and having played the PC version of the game, I have come to the conclusion that the touch control in this version is so horribly broken that the game is unplayable.

Sure, it is possible to beat the game on the iPad (I have done so), but there is absolutely no satisfactory of doing so because I have observed many instances when my defense, which should be good, were not registered correctly by the iPad.

Many times, the taps are simply not registered at all, or the timing is far too stringent for the responsiveness of the device. Further, since most of the rhythm moves are just rapid taps, if you start off at the wrong time, the entire chain will likely fail. The game also would randomly fail to register a quick tap after a tap-and-hold-to-run, which is needed often when approaching an enemy. This causes your first move to frequently fail.

In all, the iPad version is an extremely limited and poorly implemented version of the PC version. What a shame to nerf this already simply game into a complete mess of a control.