Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > iPhone and iPad Games

Old 03-12-2014, 05:51 AM
iPad 2, iOS 7.x

Default Puzzling Rush (by Right Fusion)

Old 03-12-2014, 06:19 AM

A Block Legend clone? Already.
Old 03-12-2014, 11:04 AM
iPad (3rd Gen), iOS 7.x

Once you see a clone being released before the original nothing can surprise you.
Old 03-12-2014, 11:06 AM
iPad Air, iOS 7.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by rich_952000 View Post
A Block Legend clone? Already.
Which was a clone of Puzzle Quest in a way, no?

While this does LOOK a bit like Block Legend if the opponent's actually have unique abilities and are not just a flat rate of damage with hps, I'm curious.
Old 03-12-2014, 11:08 AM
iPad 2, iOS 7.x

Really? It's not the first time matching and RPGs have been done before - I could name a dozen before Block Legend to be fair.
Old 03-12-2014, 11:15 AM

I agree my favourite is still Dungeon Raid though, if people are inspired by the ideas for me it's a good thing because match 3 bores me to tears....match 3 with rpg and I'm addicted!

The graphics look good on this not much info though but I'll definitely check back to see if there's more info or when it's up on the store.

*edit ok it's already on my store and gives just as little info there! I'm too poor to TOFTT but if anyone does please let us know what it's like. From the screenshots it looks really interesting I just hope it is good.

Last edited by ste86uk; 03-12-2014 at 11:17 AM..
Old 03-12-2014, 11:57 AM

Just found there's also a free version so downloading now to try.
Old 03-12-2014, 12:02 PM
Banned
iPhone 5

Huh this week (I count week from Thursdays to Wednesdays night :P) I bough Block Legends and Dungeon Raid and I haven't even played those two too much yet... But really tempted as it looks great.

Also, I dont think is a clone, games like this takes time to develop and then Apple takes it sweet time to approve stuff... and Block Legend was released last week... and there were quite a few games like this before.

Edit: Trying LITE version
Old 03-12-2014, 12:13 PM

I've only played a little and I'm sure TheFrost will leave impressions but it's clearly made for the smaller iPhone screen but they have filled the space in on the 5s with boarders around the side.

The gameplay itself allows you to have 3 files I assume one for human, Orc and elf. It is level based as it takes you to a map where you complete level after level. The graphic at the top with troops lined up just auto fight each other as you make matches, it is turn based matching and I did hope by seeing abilities there they would be active abilities but they just fire on their own after so many matches of the relating element.

There is an upgrade page to chose which abilities you want, there are 3 choices for each element all look similar. I'll try and play more when I get time later but after my initial play I feel a little let down as it doesn't seem as deep as I hoped.
Old 03-12-2014, 01:59 PM

Ok, found this on the German Appstore. Oh, how I hate it, when developers (seemingly) translate their game with the help of google... Or their little brother... -.-

Anyway. In my store the name is "Verwirrungsfieber". That means something like "bewildering fever". Oh my...

The game looks interesting (in this thread) but those bad translations are very off putting. I understand that happens because of negative reviews because a game doesn't have a translation - but at least do a decent job or don't do it at all!

Ok, rant over. Going to check out the lite version.

PS: Game does look promising (btw, only the achievements were "translated"). As to the game play - match 3 mechanic is fine, but the magic system is explained with the help of pictures. And I don't get them . Have to wait until someone who is more clever than me shows up .

Last edited by angua2105; 03-12-2014 at 02:09 PM..