Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > iPhone and iPad Games

Old 12-19-2012, 07:53 AM
iPad 2

Default SpaceCommand (by LairdGames) - Universal App +Free version

Hello guys,

If "Asteroids" and "Missile Command" had a child together, they would have probably named it

Space Command!

Youtube link | Pop Up

VISIT US: LairdGames.com
FOLLOW US: twitter.com/lairdgames
LIKE US: facebook.com/SpaceCommandGame

Enjoy!

Mo
@LairdGames

Last edited by LairdGames; 01-09-2013 at 01:21 AM..
Old 12-21-2012, 11:33 PM
iPod Touch (5th Gen), iOS 6.x

Thank you for 6HFR793AREJW; will post impressions.
Old 12-22-2012, 05:31 AM
iPad 2

Wow thanks for actually try the game!

Please enjoy. I will post another promo a little bit later today.

Happy Holiday to you and your family.

Mo

Last edited by LairdGames; 12-22-2012 at 02:42 PM..
Old 12-22-2012, 03:22 PM
iPhone 4S, iOS 6.x

Thanks for the code J4F67H6WLEAL. This is actually a very fun arcade game with nice sounds and graphics.
I reckon it could do with difficulty settings as it seems a bit easy at the moment. Or does difficulty increase with your level?
Old 12-22-2012, 03:35 PM
iPad (4th Gen)

Got no time to wait for a promo code. Just went ahead and bought it.
Old 12-22-2012, 04:08 PM
iPad 2

@xM1N1M4Nx Thanks for letting me know about the code. I appreciate that very much.

And yes it gets much harder. Here some description of what you can expect:

It starts with one planet to protect and you get promoted very quicky to Captain. This first level (easy) was really meant to help people get familiar with the controls and concept. The rank of Captain starts the level 2 which means you now need to protect 2 planets. A second type of asteroid is introduce. The yellow painted asteroid is much more deady (makes more damage) so destroy those first. You also get access to the powerup "planet shield" This will protect all the planets for 10 seconds. Handy when you are overwhelmed with asteroids!

After a while (much longer that the first level) You will reach the rank of "Colonel" At that point you are in level 3. 3 planets to protect and a new powerup you can use (Quantum bomb/nuke) This powerup would destroy all asteroids currently on the screen. Whatch out, this powerup cost more gold coins but can save the day! Especially because in this level i introduce the "red" painted asteroid. One hit on a planet and that planet is GONE! So those a high priority target. The good news is that the higher the level the more coins you will earn. You can then spend those gold coins toward the powerups to help progress in the game.

Tip: Do not use your gold coins at the beginning but save them for time when you rank is high and you need all the help you can get.

That's should do it. I am working on adding aliens enemies (including bosses) which will move in random ways so harder to destroy. Enjoy the game!

Mo
@LairdGames

ps: I am very interested in you opinion on the controls? I usually do not like on-screen joystick but I did not see a better way. Hopefully the joystick in the game is responsive. I am also looking at adding sweep to destroy the asteroids but I am not about this one yet...

Last edited by LairdGames; 12-22-2012 at 04:22 PM..
Old 12-22-2012, 05:37 PM
iPhone 4S, iOS 6.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by LairdGames View Post
@xM1N1M4Nx Thanks for letting me know about the code. I appreciate that very much.

And yes it gets much harder. Here some description of what you can expect:

It starts with one planet to protect and you get promoted very quicky to Captain. This first level (easy) was really meant to help people get familiar with the controls and concept. The rank of Captain starts the level 2 which means you now need to protect 2 planets. A second type of asteroid is introduce. The yellow painted asteroid is much more deady (makes more damage) so destroy those first. You also get access to the powerup "planet shield" This will protect all the planets for 10 seconds. Handy when you are overwhelmed with asteroids!

After a while (much longer that the first level) You will reach the rank of "Colonel" At that point you are in level 3. 3 planets to protect and a new powerup you can use (Quantum bomb/nuke) This powerup would destroy all asteroids currently on the screen. Whatch out, this powerup cost more gold coins but can save the day! Especially because in this level i introduce the "red" painted asteroid. One hit on a planet and that planet is GONE! So those a high priority target. The good news is that the higher the level the more coins you will earn. You can then spend those gold coins toward the powerups to help progress in the game.

Tip: Do not use your gold coins at the beginning but save them for time when you rank is high and you need all the help you can get.

That's should do it. I am working on adding aliens enemies (including bosses) which will move in random ways so harder to destroy. Enjoy the game!

Mo
@LairdGames

ps: I am very interested in you opinion on the controls? I usually do not like on-screen joystick but I did not see a better way. Hopefully the joystick in the game is responsive. I am also looking at adding sweep to destroy the asteroids but I am not about this one yet...
Ahh thank you very much for clarifying the way the difficulty works. I look forward to a challenge as I rank up!
The sound of new alien enemies sounds very promising.
As for the controls they work very well in my opinion and they are responsive enough so far. Perhaps tilt controls... though I don't know how they would work in a higher difficulty and may be too chaotic?
But anyway keep up the good work! And I shall enjoy the game.
Old 12-22-2012, 07:34 PM
iPad 2

WOW! Thanks for the great feedback. Yes I was thinking about tilt but not to aim the cross-hair. I am thinking maybe adding some more planets (insane level?) where you tilt the device to access more planets around you (left or right side) I think having more planets on one screen maybe too much but if you could pan the screen around it may work. They will be an indicator on the side of the screen about the status of the planets outside the visible window. Anyway just some ideas for future versions

Thanks again.

Mo
@lairdgames

ps: By the way what rank and points did you get so far? Do you think the points/gold amount makes sense? I had hard time deciding on much points and gold to award after each game...

Last edited by LairdGames; 12-22-2012 at 07:36 PM..
Old 12-23-2012, 06:00 AM
iPhone 4S, iOS 6.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by LairdGames View Post
WOW! Thanks for the great feedback. Yes I was thinking about tilt but not to aim the cross-hair. I am thinking maybe adding some more planets (insane level?) where you tilt the device to access more planets around you (left or right side) I think having more planets on one screen maybe too much but if you could pan the screen around it may work. They will be an indicator on the side of the screen about the status of the planets outside the visible window. Anyway just some ideas for future versions

Thanks again.

Mo
@lairdgames

ps: By the way what rank and points did you get so far? Do you think the points/gold amount makes sense? I had hard time deciding on much points and gold to award after each game...
On my best game I managed to get a highscore of 15000 which was on the first rank. I admittedly decided to end the game myself as it was too easy, hence the question on difficulty. I have since leveled up to captain rank and can see that with multiple planets and varying asteroids the game definitely gets challenging.

As for the amount of gold you earn it works as long as you do not earn too much so powerups can be overused but also it needs to be enough so you have to grind for gold. It works at the moment but I am yet to reach the highest rank.

It would be nice if the player could choose the level difficulty so that people who find the harder levels too challenging can drop down to a more suitable level as not to be put out by a game they struggle to play. With an incentive to play the harder levels due to a much more significant gain in gold and points. Separate leaderboards for each level would also be a good addition.

Also gamecenter achievements and leaderboards would be welcome.
Old 12-23-2012, 05:39 PM
iPad 2

@ xM1N1M4Nx

Thanks so much for the feedback! Great stuff!

I actually started with a difficulty button in the options screen. later on I decided to auto-level (not sure why anymore!) Given your comments, I probably need to re-think that since agree 100% that some people may found the game more challenging at time progress.

15000 points sounds too much for level 1 (2nd LT to Captain) Did you play in Hi-score" mode as well? I agree that there is need to be a good balance between giving too much gold and not enough. Let me know if you see any an issue in term of amount once you get to very high rank (Colonel+)

In term of multiple leadboards and gamCenter, those are great ideas. I am also thinking of adding achievements (in addition to ranks) like if your play x amount of games without "game over" and so. I am adding Leaderboards and gameCenter on my list since they would improve the game social aspect (it is more fun to compete with friend)

Thank so much for all the support. I appreciated very much.

Mo
@LairdGames