Banned
iPad 2, iOS 5.x

Thanks ill pick it up then!
Old 01-28-2013, 08:24 PM
iPad 2, iOS 6.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by the9quad View Post
Thanks ill pick it up then!
I just played my first game after the update. It was a lot of fun. I was able to play before, but now it's even better.
Old 01-28-2013, 08:41 PM

Quote:
played my first game after the update. It was a lot of fun
sizz, had you played the cardboard game before? I just picked it up for the ipad and see no tutorial. granted, i haven't read the rules all that carefully but can you pick up the game just from reading the in-game rules? also, the only actual game manual i can find is at some site and it's not only hard to read, but not downloadable or printable. anyone know where i can get a PDF/downloadable copy of the manual?
Old 01-28-2013, 08:59 PM
iPad Air, iOS 8.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mack the Knife View Post
sizz, had you played the cardboard game before? I just picked it up for the ipad and see no tutorial. granted, i haven't read the rules all that carefully but can you pick up the game just from reading the in-game rules? also, the only actual game manual i can find is at some site and it's not only hard to read, but not downloadable or printable. anyone know where i can get a PDF/downloadable copy of the manual?
Sounds like a deal breaker for me, personally. I did a quick search on Google after reading your post and found nothing. Are you saying that there is no manual in the game, too?
Old 01-28-2013, 09:12 PM

sorry, yeah there is a rules section although at first blush it didn't look all that comprehensive, at least not like the actual game manual i saw on line. the way i like to learn a game is play the tutorial then read the rules then maybe play the tutorial again. anyway, like i said, haven't read the in-game rules and just wondered if "sizz" had as he said he's played a game and liked it. so, i wanted to know if he learned it from the in-game rules or already knew how to play.
Old 01-28-2013, 09:13 PM
iPad 2, iOS 6.x

Quote:
I had never even heard of the game, much less played it before I got the app. I learned through reading the rules that I printed from the following link:

http://www.sirchestercobblepot.com/g...egole/?lang=en

I think you could play the game based on the in-app rules, but the online instructions might be a bit easier to understand. At heart, it's not terribly complex. You are basically trying to get your passengers to the lifeboats by rolling colored dice in an attempt to move them. I truly believe the game is worth the effort to learn. I think it's much easier to understand than Le Harve or Tigris & Euphrates for example.
Old 01-28-2013, 09:25 PM

don't you have to register or something at that site in order print? did you? were you able to get the complete manual? your link points to a 2 player, 2 page doc.

Last edited by Mack the Knife; 01-28-2013 at 09:28 PM..
Old 01-28-2013, 09:27 PM
iPad 2, iOS 6.x

Quote:
don't you have to register or something at that site in order print? did you? what do they want, email address?
Oh, yeah. That right. I registered, but I believe it was just an email address and I've never received any spam from them. I suppose you could create a dummy hotmail acct if you were concerned about it though.
Old 01-28-2013, 09:30 PM
iPad 2, iOS 6.x

Also, although there's no tutorial, every turn order is described in-game. For example, it'll say something like, "receive all dice", "player movement", etc. Between reading the in-game rules and looking at the in-game directions, I think it's easy enough to pick up.
Old 01-28-2013, 09:33 PM

ok, thanks for the info! again to ask, did you get the FULL manual when you registered at that site or (as your link suggests) just that 2 page one?

Quote:
I was able to play before
then sizzlakalonji is an italian name?

Last edited by Mack the Knife; 01-28-2013 at 09:37 PM..