Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > iPhone and iPad Games

Old 01-29-2013, 08:32 AM
iPad 2, iOS 5.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by thevagrant View Post
I was checking the game in appshopper, and saw that the devs are the team that released the port of Kingsburg two years ago. It seems that it was updated with retine support ,and that ipad version and expansions are finally coming! Suddenly I feel very compelled to support anything done by this dev, if it helps the release of Kingsburg's updates. Time to install again!

In the meantime I'll check the rulebook for Collapsible, to see if I'm likely to love it or not.
Interesting, this might make me pick back that game and reconsider my bad feelings about the dev.
Old 01-29-2013, 01:39 PM
iPad (3rd Gen)

Quote:
Originally Posted by thevagrant View Post
I was checking the game in appshopper, and saw that the devs are the team that released the port of Kingsburg two years ago. It seems that it was updated with retine support ,and that ipad version and expansions are finally coming! Suddenly I feel very compelled to support anything done by this dev, if it helps the release of Kingsburg's updates. Time to install again!

In the meantime I'll check the rulebook for Collapsible, to see if I'm likely to love it or not.
I fear you may be out of luck with Kingsburg. The last update was January 2012. The stuff on Appshopper promising expansions and an iPad version was there when the app was released in September 2010. In fact I'm pretty sure the last update was farmed out to another developer - Just Funny Games. I hope I am wrong about Kingsburg as I would love an iPad version but ...............
Old 01-29-2013, 01:41 PM
iPad (3rd Gen), iOS 6.x

My bad, I was so excited that I saw January 2013...

Then if Collapsible gets the same kind of support that Kingsburg did, I certainely won't give a cent to the devs.
Old 01-29-2013, 04:05 PM
iPad 2, iOS 5.x

They even increased the price ..... I rest with my first statement of avoiding this dev. I check and it is true, promised expansion n old title are very very old. Delete again.
Old 01-29-2013, 05:24 PM
iPad 2, iOS 7.x

Quote:
They even increased the price
when the developer "corrected" their debacle of publishing English text pictures on iTunes but giving us the game in Italian, their website said the game would go to $5.99 with the forthcoming English release. i must have caught it just in time because I got it the first day while it was still $4.99. haven't played much but looks pretty interesting...
Old 01-29-2013, 07:40 PM
iPhone 5c, iOS 7.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mack the Knife View Post
when the developer "corrected" their debacle of publishing English text pictures on iTunes but giving us the game in Italian, their website said the game would go to $5.99 with the forthcoming English release. i must have caught it just in time because I got it the first day while it was still $4.99. haven't played much but looks pretty interesting...
From a day one downloader to another, have you figured out how to play Collapsible D?
Old 01-29-2013, 07:47 PM
iPad 2, iOS 7.x

Quote:
From a day one downloader to another, have you figured out how to play Collapsible D?
"I got it the first day" of the english release which was yesterday, so no.

...sad to see no tutorial but i have the manual and with the in-game hints i'm catching on
Old 01-29-2013, 07:52 PM
iPhone 5c, iOS 7.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mack the Knife View Post
"I got it the first day" of the english release which was yesterday, so no.

...sad to see no tutorial but i have the manual and with the in-game hints i'm catching on
Oh, slightly different first day, but since we are all on the Collapsible D boat together, it is ok.

Can you post back with further impressions or review after you have played more?
Old 01-29-2013, 08:03 PM
iPad 2, iOS 6.x

I've got to say, I find the game pretty simple actually. You are trying to get your 4 passengers to the lifeboats at the top of the ship. You do this by rolling colored dice which correspond to different colored rooms and ladders. You need two of the same colors to move to the corresponding colored room. Ladders are always yellow or black, therefore, you need two yellow or black dice to climb up the corresponding ladders. Once passengers become "aware" of the ship sinking (the little clock symbol above their head disappears) they can move with one colored die instead of two. Additionally, there is a "crowd" marker that players can move around to hinder their opponents that adds an additional dice requirement to the default. You can only move the crowd marker if you have unassigned dice at the end of your turn. There are some other minor rules, but that's the basics. Each character has a color of die that you can lock before you roll, but that's not always helpful. In my opinion, the game is worth the small bit of effort needed to figure it out. A tutorial would've been nice, but it's not terribly complex.
Old 01-29-2013, 08:53 PM
iPad 2, iOS 7.x

Quote:
it's not terribly complex
neither is surfing: lie down, paddle with arms, stand up...but try it sometime!

but you're right, it doesn't seem overly hard once you understand stuff but the problem initially is piecing it together sans a decent tutorial. and there's lots of neat stuff you left out of your synopsis like Aid, passenger special abilities, lifeboat restrictions, blocking other players with crowds, flooding, etc. lots of stuff which makes it pretty fun to play.