Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > iPhone and iPad Games

Old 12-30-2012, 08:09 AM
iPad (4th Gen), iOS 7.x

This week I can tell you that it is a balancing issue. I have been invaded by massive heroes and lost the battle, only to lose one War Medal. I have also been beaten out in close matches, and lost, and my attacker has taken home as many as 7 in a battle recently.

I would say choose your targets carefully if you are really concerned with War Medals. It's a bit like a league ranking system of a pool league I was in years ago. I was a mediocre player, so if I beat a top-ranked team, my ranking would rise a lot more than if I beat a player below me. In kingdom context, if the Holy Roman Empire defeated a tiny tribe in the woods, would that greatly affect their reputation? But if a tiny tribe in the woods won a battle against that Holy Roman Empire, they'd have a significantly more important status among tribes.

Keep in mind that we're within 2 weeks of launch, and the formula, and eventually gameplay itself, will forever be changing as the community evolves. Also keep in mind that we are listening to the community, and we will take every opinion into account as we go forward.

I can't wait to be given clearance to tell you about what we've got coming up soon!
Old 01-02-2013, 11:08 PM
iPad (4th Gen), iOS 7.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by deadremix View Post
any news about the issues? its getting pretty boring getting 1 medal per win just to get set back when you lose a ton more when you lost a battle
Just thought I'd update you with the current server-side changes. You may have seen this info box popup when you started the game today:

Removal of inactive users and MM refinement should greatly affect how many of your battles are against 'dead' opponents who have little or no loot or challenge (war medals) to offer.

Let me know if you have any other questions about the changes!
Old 01-04-2013, 05:35 PM
iPad 2

Default Bug logging in

Hi, not sure if you guys are aware of a bug when logging in today- it tells me game worlds were updated and to please select a world. I input my user name and pw and it gives me the same message every time and I can't log in. I'm using the iPad 2. My husband is having the same problem with his iPhone 4.

Last edited by ShoobyDoo; 01-04-2013 at 05:39 PM..
Old 01-04-2013, 06:22 PM
iPad (3rd Gen), iOS 5.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShoobyDoo View Post
Hi, not sure if you guys are aware of a bug when logging in today- it tells me game worlds were updated and to please select a world. I input my user name and pw and it gives me the same message every time and I can't log in. I'm using the iPad 2. My husband is having the same problem with his iPhone 4.
Hi,

Same happening to me - Really frustrating as I was on the verge of having enough reource for a L7 castle and fear I have lost it. Must be after recent update adjusting attack levels of troops and resources required to train.

Please fix SOON,

thanks
Old 01-04-2013, 06:45 PM
iPad 2

Looks like it's fixed, try logging in again. Thanks guys!
Old 01-04-2013, 07:03 PM
iPhone 4, OS 4.x

Wonderful. Another navigate menus and wait for timers game. Just what the appstore needed.
Old 01-04-2013, 08:40 PM
iPad (4th Gen), iOS 7.x

Hi, thanks for letting us know about the bug. Please let me know if you're still having any issues! I was unable to reproduce the bug on my devices.

Be sure to remember your passwords

Also, for future updates/issues, if you register an email address, we can better help you with password resets, etc.
Old 01-04-2013, 08:53 PM
iPad 2

So far, so good! thanks!

I also wanted to suggest a "hero swap" option when transferring between cities- if I'm maxed out on heroes in both cities, I can't transfer any. You guys might have done it so we can't on purpose But it would be nice if we could.
Old 01-04-2013, 08:58 PM
iPad (4th Gen), iOS 7.x

I've noticed that with transferring items between heroes, as well. It was by design, but I'll be lobbying for the ability in a future update. I have no idea how hard that would be to program, but I know they're currently working full time on getting Alliance chat and Alliance battles into the game, as well as balancing the other two kingdom types.
Old 01-08-2013, 08:35 PM
iPhone 4, OS 4.x

Hi, just wanted to drop a quick note to let players know that we're updating the matchmaking and potentially the protection period logic. We're seeing a huge number of ongoing attack-oriented players reach high levels much more quickly than we anticipated, and the result is a slight offset in top-end balance. Players who are spending a LOT of time attacking and leveling heroes are reaping the rewards, and it's leaving quite a few mismatched players with a sour taste in their mouths . We're working on an ongoing solution that will keep everyone happy. Thanks!