★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
App description: Have you ever thought your local area could be run better? Well, why dont we put you in charge? Run That Town is a strategy game with a twist - it lets you take control of any neighbourhood in Australia. Use real Census data to discover whos who in your area, and make decisions that will sway popular opinion in your favour. What kind of leader will you be? Will you be showered with praise, or chased out of town by an angry mob?

Play with any Australian postal area
Every game is created using real Census data, making it unique to your neighbourhood
Choose from hundreds of projects for your town - from the practical to the preposterous
Consult the locals to make popular decisions
Read about your exploits in the infamous local paper

killercow's comments:

05-20-2013, 03:53 AM
Hey, cool! I always wanted to run an Australian town!

No, really, looks like a nice sim. Also seems to have lots of humour in it. I am downloading and trying.
Can't complain about a free app without IAP.

Just wonder why an Australian authority releases this... "you think you can do better?", they ask.
Maybe Australians complain too much about their government?

Hi, you seemed to be lost on the Internets.
This is TouchArcade, where 2$ for a game is too much, 5$ is an outrage, and 10$ or more is putting sugar in their car tanks whilst killing puppies.

Last edited by Vovin; 05-20-2013 at 03:58 AM.

05-20-2013, 04:24 AM
No IAP plus free app must be good!(Too bad there are few games like this)
05-20-2013, 04:42 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Game.PN View Post
Yes, unfortunately most people want to be paid for the work they do. Basterds!
05-20-2013, 04:58 AM
This really does look cute, and actually worth a go.
05-20-2013, 05:22 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Game.PN View Post

I just hope you'll never ask for a payment when working.
Or does this thought not fit into your general mindset?

This is TouchArcade, where 2$ for a game is too much, 5$ is an outrage, and 10$ or more is putting sugar in their car tanks whilst killing puppies.
05-20-2013, 05:23 AM
Just finished my first town. It's a really good game albeit a bit easy when you understand how the it really works. Still for free and without any kind of IAP this is quite a steal

Last edited by killercow; 05-20-2013 at 06:56 AM.
05-20-2013, 06:34 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by killercow View Post
Just finished my first town. It's a really good game albeit a bit easy when you understand how the game works. Still for free and without any kind of IAP this is quite a steal
Same first impressions here. The game is actually quite good, nice level of polish... hope it gets harder later. So... hooray for goverment sponsored apps.
Oh, and I love the narrators voice work! It fits well and is quite humorous. Good job.

Last edited by Vovin; 05-20-2013 at 06:39 AM.
05-20-2013, 06:46 AM
First "Dumb Ways to Die", now this. Why, with your public service messages, you Aussie developers are spoiling us!
05-20-2013, 06:57 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vovin View Post
Same first impressions here. The game is actually quite good, nice level of polish... hope it gets harder later. So... hooray for goverment sponsored apps.
Oh, and I love the narrators voice work! It fits well and is quite humorous. Good job.
The voice reminded me of the advisor in "Startopia" (It's a really good Space station sim)