★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
App description: The golden Age of the Maya returns.
Heroic warriors and fearless creatures defend a world of jade, gold and ancient mysteries against the prophecy of the gods.
Their fate is your fate too. And ultimately for all of us...

3.000 B.C.
The hour of the prophecy of the mighty Maya-god TOHIL.
The fate of humanity lies in his hands.
Yet his patience is virtually exhausted...

2012 A.D.
The Maya calendar announces the end of the world. TOHILS wrath with the inertia of the people is great. In the battle for supremacy in the Empire of the Sun the masters of the Maya enter the battlegrounds. Their pursuit for honour and glory is their last hope. Because, only with the rank of a Ma-Hun - thus the rank of a god-king they can manage to appease TOHIL.

If you are a human, you are one of them!

Apart from the great Maya euphoria in the press and media landscape, the global launch of the mysterious world of the Maya is now also available in your AppStore. Test your skills as Master of the Maya with your friends in an interesting and varied multi-player trading card game which only god-kings will leave as true victors.

It would seem that there is only one way out for all of us ...
... play and win!!!!!

Highlights

Being free-to-play, right from the beginning already, the MASTER of MAYA opens a world of complete multi-player fun with its varied features :

available in five languages worldwide
hundreds of character cards (warriors, priests, animals, creatures, dwarfs)
extra large, free starter-pack
own lab for mutations
own temple for ritual sacrifices
shop with own Maya currency (jade, Maya gold)
always new booster packs and special cards
plenty of different modes of play for casual and hardcore players

Impress your friends as an ingenious strategist mutate fighters, sacrifice blood-covered victims to the gods and prove your superior skill at the Wall of Trials. Become an experienced god-king of the Maya world and be the first to attain the rank of Ma-Hun.

DOWNLOAD NOW ... and fight against TOHILS prophecy for the continued existence of the world.

You can obtain technical support at any time also once the launch phase is over at: support@kaasa.com

Echoseven's comments:

05-16-2012, 07:31 AM
Hard to make room for ANYTHING tonight, with the release of Empire of the Eclipse, but this really intrigues me.

Developers, if applicable, does this have, or will it have, asynchronous online multiplayer for the multiplayer?

Former editor in chief of teknikapan.se (due for an eventual relaunch)
Vocalist of Neverlast
Game Center/OpenFeint/Plus+/[insert arbitrary game network, online character or multiplayer account here]: Ayjona

05-16-2012, 01:08 PM
Apparently Empire has been delayed - not coming out tonight.

This game does looking interesting - always open to trying out new card games. Hopefully it's more like Magic or Dominion than Urban Rivals...

Game Designer, Web Developer, Jack-of-all-trades
www.artfoundry.com
Gamecenter ID: Delerium
Alt TA: LCDDreams
05-16-2012, 08:49 PM
Game Impressions

05-16-2012, 09:10 PM
Thanks Sanuku ... much appreciated, as always.

I'm generally hyped for any CCG type of game , but this looks a little rough.
Seems like the translation could maybe use a little work too.

I dunno about this one.
05-17-2012, 07:06 AM
Issues pretty much from the start. The tutorial is very "by-the-nose" and wouldn't let me continue when I clicked on the wrong button (I mutated my guy ahead of schedule), there was no apparent home page either so I had to quit and restart the app.

Only now it won't let me log back in simply stating that "user is already in the game" and asking me to register with a new email address.

The game itself looks promising, but you might want to give it a few days to deal with it's teething problems
05-17-2012, 01:53 PM
I take back my last comment, I tried logging in again and it works. Interesting game, definitely reccomend for any card game fans out there
05-18-2012, 02:48 AM
Thank you for the great feedback

Hi guys,

I am Nico and I work for the developer Kaasa who made Master of Maya. First of all thank you very much for your feedback regarding the game. You have made a good point with the tutorial, which will be taken care of within the next version.💩

One point that has come up on a different channel is why we have chosen to use 💩not Game Center. The reason is that you will soon been playing against Android or Web users as well which is the reason why we chose another multiplayer online system.💩

You will find more information on cards, upcoming cards and features also on the Facebook page of MoM www.facebook.com/masterofmaya💩. We have loooots of cards to come over the next months and we want to make this game the best there is.

Please feel free to contact us whenever you have ideas, problems etc. , the quickest way would be to email us at support@kaasa.com.

Greetings

Nico
12-20-2012, 09:14 AM
December 21st

Due to tomorrow and the Maya calendar, check our our current Facebook page and Website: http://www.facebook.com/MasterOfMaya

http://bit.ly/WqPeDx

Thanks, guys :-)