App description: Travel the world and play as the world's greatest detective, Sherlock Holmes, and his faithful assistant, Dr. Watson. In this challenging and story-driven adventure game, investigate a mysterious series of disappearances and use your wits to track down a dark group of Cthulu-worshippers. Follow the clues and solve the mystery of Sherlock Holmes: The Awakened, while being fully immersed in this Adventure game.

TRY IT FREE, THEN UNLOCK THE FULL ADVENTURE FROM WITHIN THE GAME!

Features

Interact with an entire world through adventure-based gameplay & joystick-like controls
Visit a Louisiana bayou
Discover an ancient evil
Join Sherlock in his most perilous mystery!

Discover more from Big Fish Games!

Sign up for Big Fish Games' iSplash newsletter and keep up-to-date on sales or new promotions. Sign up at: http://bigfi.sh/isplash

Having fun with Big Fish? Check out our entire game library with our Game Finder app! Dive in here:
http://bigfi.sh/bfggamefinder

Big Fish is the leading global marketplace to discover and enjoy casual games. You can enjoy our virtually endless selection of games anytime, anywhere on your PC, Mac, mobile phone, or tablet. Learn more at bigfishgames.com!

Follow us on Twitter: http://bigfi.sh/BigFishTwitter

Become a fan on Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/BigFishGamesMobile

JCman7's comments:

This is a port of a popular 2006 PC game made by Frogwares. You can unlock the full version for a limited launch sale of $3.99
02-05-2013, 12:39 PM
Is there a way to switch to a different view when you already playing the game?

Now it seems I have to start over everytime, which is annoying.

02-05-2013, 01:32 PM
yeah that took me a while to figure out you have to open your briefcase and then click on the lower right. I found the first person control scheme to be much easier to use.
02-05-2013, 01:33 PM
Wow,awesome game,must buy now and play asap

Game center ID: ip4weather
Upcoming horror games: The Apeiron Project Forgotten Memories In Fear I Trust Nowhere
02-05-2013, 02:02 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ip4weather View Post
Wow,awesome game,must buy now and play asap
yeah it is awesome! Love the cut scenes there's great story lines and sherlock deducing puzzles!

Also it's getting some tough reviews in the AppStore because all of the big fish game fans tend to be more casual game crowds like hidden object games this game is much different. Yes the controls aren't the greatest but first person mode is fine. It uses a virtual control stick to move and then on the right slide to change view. At least give it a try its free! Then upgrade if you enjoy it

Last edited by JCman7; 02-05-2013 at 02:08 PM.
02-05-2013, 03:49 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by JCman7 View Post
yeah that took me a while to figure out you have to open your briefcase and then click on the lower right. I found the first person control scheme to be much easier to use.
Thanks my friend.. Gotta try this when I get home.
Tried 1st person first, then the 3rd person... but that one sucks.. hated to start all over again.. so much dialog.

and I agree.. the 1st person, is better then the other one. it's not accurate at all.
02-06-2013, 11:17 AM
Whoa!

I didn't realize this was out! I bought the PC game a while back, but ended up playing the Holmes game about the Ripper instead. Got stuck, and haven't played a PC game in a while.

But now that I'm playing all of my games on the go (or on the porch), I can't wait to dig into this one! I've been wanting a 3rd person Sherlock adventure game to come to iOS. Hope this sells well enough for them to port a couple of the others.

I'll be back to give my thoughts after I play for a bit.

TeamShides
@curtneedsaride
MHFU - Shides
02-06-2013, 11:21 AM
I just hope they don't offer another version of the app where you don't have to unlock it and you just buy it. They did that with the Hound of the Baskervilles game, and now if I delete and reinstall I have to restore purchases. That type of app gets old when developers keep doing it. Just offer a free version and paid or just one app with both so I don't regret buying this version later.

TeamShides
@curtneedsaride
MHFU - Shides
02-07-2013, 02:37 PM
Game is great! First person controls work wonderfully. They should have used the dual stick control for third person as well. Otherwise, third person as it is, is useless.

Can't wait to keep playing!

TeamShides
@curtneedsaride
MHFU - Shides
02-07-2013, 03:57 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by curtisrshideler View Post
Game is great! First person controls work wonderfully. They should have used the dual stick control for third person as well. Otherwise, third person as it is, is useless.

Can't wait to keep playing!
Glad I am not the only one thinking that.