★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
  • Publisher: Nr rad
  • Genre: Strategy
  • Device: iPhone
  • Size: 4.9 MB
  • Version: 1.0
  • Price: $2.99
  • Average User Rating: 1 (1)
App description: Engage in a quest to become a god! Can there be something more awesome than that?

Unleash hurricanes, meteor showers, lightnings, and deadly swarms on your enemies.

Lead your chosen people on more than twenty different planets, fulfilling their needs or laughing at their suffering. What kind of deity will you be? Its your choice!

Overview:
Shaman, the path is laid before you. Your destiny is to become a god! But it will not be easy. Not for you, and not for your followers. To become a deity, you must conquer all 25 planets of the system and defeat every other tribe and their shamans. The ultimate struggle will be a difficult one, as you build mystical cities, unleash devastating spells, harness volcanoes and tornadoes, and shape the face of the planet at your will. Remember, your apotheosis awaits!

In the third part of the Populous series, you control your shaman and the tribe of her followers in a difficult quest to conquer all 25 planets of a star system and ascend to godhood. For the first time in the series, the world is presented in true 3d, which at the time amazed both the players and the gaming press.The level of control you exert over your followers also takes you to a new level: you can order individuals or groups to perform certain tasks like gathering resources, constructing buildings, or attacking your enemies.

Populous supports iPhone 3GS, iPhone 4, iPhone 4S, iPad, iPad 2, the New iPad, iPod Touch 3 and iPod Touch 4.
12-20-2012, 08:19 AM
Real or fake?

Thanks glad I stumbled on that

Last edited by bramblett05; 12-20-2012 at 08:24 AM.

12-20-2012, 08:29 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bramblett05 View Post
Real or fake?
Definitely a fake...it's by the same dude who made Topia World, or whatever it was called.

"I am virgin, I'm a whore! Giving nothing; the taker, the maker of war!" - Black Sabbath, "I"
12-20-2012, 09:09 AM
Why hasn't this guys account been shut down or locked or whatever? This is insane how this developer repeated does this with what seems no repercussions!
12-20-2012, 09:46 AM
Proper thanks - got reasonably excited then for a few seconds.
12-20-2012, 10:15 AM
Rofl,he also has a Shinobi game with obviously stolen screens from the EA game.

Stay classy Apple!
12-20-2012, 10:21 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fallen_Grace View Post
Rofl,he also has a Shinobi game with obviously stolen screens from the EA game.

Stay classy Apple!
Well his Topia World game got taken down but apparently that hasn't stopped him... How many offenses does it take for Apple to suspend a developers license? I would assume once since such practices are against the terms of agreement!
12-20-2012, 10:34 AM
4mb file size is a dead give away..anyone who fell for it deserves to lose their $3
12-20-2012, 10:37 AM
LOL, even better than you would've imagined! I plunked down my $3 knowing it wouldn't be a game, but appreciating it as a tech demo, just like Topia World. He did a great job of making it look like the natural progression from the first demo, but with stolen assets, only...

It is a game! Just not that one. It's 2D game with beavers jumping of a plateau with the player needing to bounce them off of a life raft to save them. Best of all, there are two pause buttons! So awesome.

Again, DO NOT BUY THIS, not even as a tech demo. Now, if you like collecting app store anomalies, go for it.
12-20-2012, 10:38 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bool Zero View Post
Well his Topia World game got taken down but apparently that hasn't stopped him... How many offenses does it take for Apple to suspend a developers license? I would assume once since such practices are against the terms of agreement!
This is the real letdown,I mean "Ok,you decided to steal a company's assets to promote a fake app,thus becoming open to a lawsuit and creating angry customers,we've removed your game but please,keep using the AppStore" rofl...

Neways,I contacted both EA and SEGA,but it'll prolly take awhile for them to react with xmas and everything.