★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

iDrop Dead

06-28-2009, 04:41 PM
iDrop Dead

UPDATED 17-Aug-2009: MOVED LATEST SCREENSHOTS AND VIDEO CLIPS HERE!

Take a look at our next iPhone & iPod Touch game: iDrop Dead! Let's hope Apple doesn't ban it!

Anyway, Drop Dead started as a flash game back in 2008, and so far around five million people have played its three iterations (original, extended edition and final cut). There are other ragdoll games where you throw around the character and watch its body parts to turn red when it takes damage. In Drop Dead it's the screen that turns red from all the blood the flying body parts will spray! Includes saw blades, bombs and other nice things.

I also set up a Facebook fan page for all the Drop Dead games, if you want to talk about the flash games:

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Drop-Dead/121105491759

iDrop Dead will contain most of the features we've planned to Drop Dead 2 flash, and some more. Scrolling, level goals, worlds with different themes, new music, characters, graphics, unlockables, etc., it's going to be a blast that rips your head off!

Here's a link to Drop Dead: Final Cut (contains a level editor as well):

http://www.kongregate.com/games/ttur...dead-final-cut

If everything goes as planned the game should be out in August 2009.

PS. Stickman comes in the first update.

Youtube link | Pop Up

Youtube link | Pop Up

Youtube link | Pop Up
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Picture 17.jpg
Views:	174
Size:	47.2 KB
ID:	6539   Click image for larger version

Name:	Picture 19.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	40.6 KB
ID:	6540   Click image for larger version

Name:	Picture 14.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	45.2 KB
ID:	6541  

Name:	Picture 10.jpg
Views:	172
Size:	51.3 KB
ID:	6542   Click image for larger version

Name:	Picture 7.jpg
Views:	172
Size:	31.0 KB
ID:	6543   Click image for larger version

Name:	Picture 4.jpg
Views:	4
Size:	28.8 KB
ID:	6544  

Name:	stickman-ss-1.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	41.6 KB
ID:	6545  

Last edited by ttursas; 08-16-2009 at 04:15 PM.
06-28-2009, 04:44 PM
You guys sure it is gonna get approved? I may check up on that before you spend too much time on it.

06-28-2009, 04:46 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by worldcup1100 View Post
You guys sure it is gonna get approved? I may check up on that before you spend too much time on it.
The phone just got that parental lock, and Apple approved nudity, so why cartoon violence wouldn't be allowed?

Anyway, how does one check these things? Can I submit incomplete games to Apple for approval?
06-28-2009, 04:59 PM
yeah, i don't see it having a problem, there are already some "bloody cartoon violence" games...kitty kannon, save kitty, stick wars...even has a blood level option
06-28-2009, 05:49 PM
Not to rain on your parade but nudity actually wasn't allowed. On Iphone Game Network they released an article about how the devs lied about them taking it down due to traffic and it actually was Apple who took it offline. Though that wasn't really the point of the post and your app will probably be fine.
06-29-2009, 02:22 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Car Jack Streets View Post
Not to rain on your parade but nudity actually wasn't allowed. On Iphone Game Network they released an article about how the devs lied about them taking it down due to traffic and it actually was Apple who took it offline. Though that wasn't really the point of the post and your app will probably be fine.
Pretty clever marketing from them. But yeah, our game doesn't even have humans in it, and we can always change the blood color to green. Should be enough for Germany as well.
06-29-2009, 04:08 PM
WHY DID NOBODY TELL ABOUT THIS GAME? THIS IS F***** AMAZING!!

No really, it pisses me off I didn't know about this last year. Insta-buy!!! By July I hope you mean July 1st

Playing: N.O.V.A., NFS:S, CoD:Z, CoI:WoL, TTR3 (so many abbreviations!)
06-30-2009, 02:02 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by aboll2009 View Post
WHY DID NOBODY TELL ABOUT THIS GAME? THIS IS F***** AMAZING!!

No really, it pisses me off I didn't know about this last year. Insta-buy!!! By July I hope you mean July 1st
XD iDrop Dead will be better than the flash incarnations, and all the levels will be new and big! Anyway, I'm sorry, we are not that fast. But if you guys buy our games enough we can quit our dayjobs and work full time on our own projects! Late July it's going to be...
06-30-2009, 02:04 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ttursas View Post
Can I submit incomplete games to Apple for approval?
You sure can!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ultimo View Post
This is not Windows, this is Apple, dude
06-30-2009, 06:56 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ttursas View Post
XD iDrop Dead will be better than the flash incarnations, and all the levels will be new and big! Anyway, I'm sorry, we are not that fast. But if you guys buy our games enough we can quit our dayjobs and work full time on our own projects! Late July it's going to be...
Bought both perfect harmonies. I'm not kidding, I just bought both of them although i never played them before.

EDIT: NOW WHY DIDN'T ANY ONE TELL ME ABOUT THIS DAMMIT!!!

Playing: N.O.V.A., NFS:S, CoD:Z, CoI:WoL, TTR3 (so many abbreviations!)

Last edited by aboll2009; 06-30-2009 at 07:09 AM.