★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
  • Publisher: Nr rad
  • Genre: Arcade
  • Device: iPhone
  • Size: 8.6 MB
  • Version: 1.0
  • Price: $1.99
  • Average User Rating:
    Not enough votes.
App description: Shinobi supports iPhone 3GS, iPhone 4, iPhone 4S, iPad, iPad 2, the New iPad, iPod Touch 3 and iPod Touch 4.

Shinobi is a 3D action-adventure video game, available on your iOS devices. The game stars the ninja Hotsuma, who wields Akujiki, a sword that feeds on souls. He can also use ninja magic, shurikens, and special moves. Upon finding a golden castle after an earthquake, Hotsuma makes it his goal to defeat the sorcerer Hiruko.

GAME MODES
Specifically developed for touchscreen platforms, Shinobi is a 3D action-adventure game viewed from a third-person perspective. The player guides protagonist Hotsuma through eight levels that each consist of two sections and a boss battle. Gameplay consists of quickly moving through levels and killing enemies.

COMBAT
Combat is hack and slash-based, involving large numbers of recurring enemies. Hotsuma's sword, Akujiki, is his primary weapon. Akujiki feeds on souls, initially devouring those of the enemies he kills, then that of Hotsuma himself if he does not kill any enemies for too long. This leads to an emphasis on killing all enemies in a battle as quickly as possible. To ensure that Akujiki's hunger remains sated, Hotsuma can kill four or more enemies with no more than a few seconds between each kill to perform an exaggeratedly violent "TATE" attack that will release more souls for Akujiki. The mechanic of jumping from enemies after dispatching them adds an element of platform gameplay.

MAGIC SKILLS
Hotsuma can also use shurikens to briefly paralyze his enemies. Three types of ninja magic are available to him: "Ka'en", an area-based fire attack; "Kamaitachi", a ranged shock wave attack; and "Raijin", which grants him invincibility for a short period of time.
12-20-2012, 11:53 PM
.............the hell? It looks like the ps2 game, but 8mb?

12-20-2012, 11:56 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Squablo View Post
.............the hell? It looks like the ps2 game, but 8mb?
12-21-2012, 12:00 AM
no support for iphone 5?
12-21-2012, 12:04 AM
Same clowns that released that Populous scam earlier.

FAKE.
12-21-2012, 12:05 AM
8.6mb lol
12-21-2012, 12:10 AM
Wow, too bad, the screenshots look awesome, and we need this mind of genre on ipad!
12-21-2012, 12:23 AM
Somebody, tell me is this TouchArcade Bot a spam/virus? What has it 0 posts?

And can somebody ACTUALLY verify if this is a fake or not?

Last edited by defred34; 12-21-2012 at 12:25 AM.
12-21-2012, 12:30 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by defred34 View Post

The TA bot is nothing more than people making threads on the TA app.

The game's fake...everything this guy makes is a scam. Check out the Topia World and Populous threads for impressions of how both those games turned out. If you want to take your chances with this, go ahead...but don't say we (I believe I speak for everyone right now ) didn't warn you.

"I am virgin, I'm a whore! Giving nothing; the taker, the maker of war!" - Black Sabbath, "I"
12-21-2012, 12:32 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by defred34 View Post

It's by the same developer of three other fake apps. And the game is only 8 MB.

The TouchArcade Bot is a tool to generate game threads from the TA App.