★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

iPhone: Mage Story

06-28-2009, 06:07 PM
Mage Story

2.99 - 33mb - http://itunes.apple.com/WebObjects/MZStore.woa/wa/viewSoftware?id=319063720&mt=8

Anyone wanna TOFTT?

As a wizard spending all of your life on teaching in magic school, you are on your way home. When you are taking a rest in a village, you hear about story on nearby crystal cave. Then, the chief of village gave an old book to you..

Unprecedented DIABLO style action RPG enjoyable through iPhone and iPod touch.
Together with beautiful ground environment, realistic and brilliant graphic, and magnificent orchestration background music.
The suffocating magic war with hundreds of monsters get started in crystal dungeon.
Touch style based emotional and intuitive operation would enhance the thrill on the adventures.
Mutually supportive magic system enables to drive various battle methodology.
You can experience the core value of network play when you collaborate with your friends in the adventure of forest and cave.

FEATURES

Maximum of 4 people playable by leveraging WIFI
- port set up possible
- network chat possible
Ubiquitous play based on Quick Play system
Move to the touched spot, double touch for magic / item usage
Drag & drop item transition and integration possible
Artistic and high quality animation and magical effect
Level design to ensure the speedy game management
Magnificent orchestration back ground music

06-28-2009, 06:10 PM
wow, that looks awesome, but how gonna have to hear how it plays

06-28-2009, 06:12 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Devilishly Good View Post
wow, that looks awesome, but how gonna have to hear how it plays
I'm really liking that 4 player through wifi and chat. It sounds good... a little TOO good...
06-28-2009, 06:14 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by VegantTnT View Post
I'm really liking that 4 player through wifi and chat. It sounds good... a little TOO good...
my feelings exactly... I'm a bit skeptical

"I have nothing to say, and I'm saying it" - John Cage
Plus+ ID= Maythius

Game Center: Maythius
06-28-2009, 06:15 PM
4 player WiFi? Voice chat?

This looks almost like Underworlds, which is a good thing. Hope the dev pops in here and tells us some stuff about this. Their website and support links in the iTunes store lead to absolutely no where. It's just some Korean domain website that says that verypixel.com has been registered on May 13, 2009.

Last edited by theone1007; 06-28-2009 at 06:19 PM.
06-28-2009, 06:18 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by theone1007 View Post
Hope the dev pops in here and tells us some stuff about this.
Doubt that will happen. They don't have a working website. Very odd. Nothing on the internet about this game.
06-28-2009, 06:20 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by theone1007 View Post
4 player WiFi? Voice chat?

This looks almost like Underworlds, which is a good thing. Hope the dev pops in here and tells us some stuff about this.
I'm not sure about voice, it might mean text based chat to help us work out strategies since there is supportive magic there to help the team out
06-28-2009, 06:23 PM
Hmmm, the seller is BYOO SOO KANG, yet the english in the description is perfect. Fine, I'll TOFTT.
06-28-2009, 06:39 PM
please get back here once you play it a bit... i mean HURRY!
06-28-2009, 06:44 PM
Ok, first impressions. I'll write a full-fledged review later on.

The premise is simple. The land has been taken over by monsters when the wizards could no longer fend them back. You're one of the last, and it's your job to make sure the monsters don't take over the world next.

You're the stereotype of a wizard, er, mage. You have the robe, the hat, staff, even a crooked back. This ain't Harry Potter. You move by tapping where you want to go. You double tap in the direction you want to send an attack. Moving and attacking is a little messy right now, but with time, I'm pretty sure I'll get the hang of it.

Graphics, while not spectacular, are pretty darn good. The animations, movement, and backgrounds are of course cut-back a bit so that the file size isn't huge and so that everything runs smoothly, but I don't mind looking at this at all. The static electricity attack (first ability you get) and leveling up looks great.

As you shoot down baddies, they drop items that are placed in the inventory at the bottom. Tap them to pick them up. Experience, level, gold, and health are at the top.

Something different from RPGs that I just not noticed is that instead of having mana and an ability, you have a book that has a number of uses. I'm guessing you buy the books, maybe some from bosses but I haven't played that much yet.

All in all, I don't regret the purchase yet. For only $3, it seems pretty well made.