★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

Games with Best Use of Accelerometer??

06-28-2009, 08:05 PM
Games with Best Use of Accelerometer??

C'mon - y'all knew this thread was coming - I just decided I would be the one to get flamed...

But seriously, I have always enjoyed the balancing type activities, although what I remember was the real labyrinth games.

I have found that Taxiball has accurate controls, and accurate terrain modelling, and is integral to the game play. I have read that the Blimp Game (just purchased it, but have not played it yet), also does a great job with the accelerometer.

I just played Rolando lite, and was not too impressed with its implementation. Seemed slow and sluggish, and was not very accurate with acceleration based on the amount of tilt - at least did not seem so to me.

So I am interested in games that people have found for the acceleromter to be integral to the game play, but implements it because it needs to, not because they can, and has more of a platformer feel to it, rather than the marble madness type theme, unless it has other game elements in it rather than just going through a maze.

Any thoughts?

GameCenter ID : oldestgamer
06-28-2009, 08:11 PM
Bounce On does a pretty perfect job.

{ Permanently addicted to: 868-HACK }
I perform. Therefore I am. You should book me.
..::: METROCCOLIS :::..

06-28-2009, 08:12 PM
Blue Defense!

Blimp

Baseball Slugger: Homerun Derby 3D
06-28-2009, 08:13 PM
snail mail
real racing
06-28-2009, 08:19 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by vicente.ramirezch View Post
snail mail
real racing
How could I forget the fantastic Snail Mail

06-28-2009, 08:41 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by your personal robot View Post
How could I forget the fantastic Snail Mail
Yeah, right?
06-28-2009, 08:49 PM
been said but

snail mail is the most precise use of it ever. I highly disagree with bounce on you have to turn your phone like completely upside down to get him to move they need to add a sensitivity adjustment to that game.
06-28-2009, 08:51 PM
Snail Mail has the best accelerometer controls for racers/shooters/platformers (there was a huge debate about this but nobody knows the genre) but there are others such as Labyrinth, Doodle Jump, and other similar ones. I thought that Rolando's controls were quite natural.
06-28-2009, 09:02 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Militia View Post
snail mail is the most precise use of it ever. I highly disagree with bounce on you have to turn your phone like completely upside down to get him to move they need to add a sensitivity adjustment to that game.
To me, Bounce On is leveled absolutely spot on to have the perfect control over Bounce. And I finished all levels

06-28-2009, 10:44 PM
Yeah, Rolando's controls are quite good.