• Publisher: Jacob Koch
  • Genre: Puzzle
  • Device: iPhone
  • Size: 12.2 MB
  • Version: 2.6
  • Price: Free
  • Average User Rating: 5 (1)
App description: You are trapped.
An exit you think will set you free only leads to another colorfully unfamiliar area. The chance to return to where you once were depends solely on the power of a small circle and your own ingenuity. Navigate the puzzled scape of unknown worlds to rediscover where you belong.
Can you escape?

Features:
Simple, yet compelling grid based puzzle game
A new, unique challenge with every world you discover
100 addicting levels that increase in difficulty
Gamecenter leaderboards and achievements
Classic arcade-style graphics and sound
World dependent color styling
Completely free of ads
Optimized for iPhone 5

Instructions:
Swipe anywhere in the direction you want to move
You can only move again once you have fully stopped
Grab the circle and find the exit to move on

Praise for Squarescape:
"#1 App of the Week" for the week of 7/18/12 - AppMyWorld (93/100)
"App of the Week" for the week of 7/30/12 - iAppWorld (5/5)
"This is a game that will definitely keep your mind sharp." - AppAdvice (5/5)
"A very entertaining game, and trying to get to the exit point can be addicting." - The iPhone App Review (5/5)
"This application is the latest and greatest." - AppsMeNow (5/5)
"A solid game that offers many hours of fun and challenge." - SmokinApps (4/5)
"Squarescape is pure retro gaming glory." - Free Apps Arcade
"An absolute recommendation for puzzle fans." - Appgefahren
"Squarescape is extremely easy to understand... All are sure to enjoy." - iPhoneAppReview
"This takes a simple concept and makes it complex in such a good way." - App Chronicles
"Increasingly difficult and puzzling affair. Sure to entertain." - AppsHappens
"It was this or a cheeseburger, but that cheeseburger wouldn't have kept me entertained nearly as long as this has. I've never looked back." - TheStapler (5/5)

JacobKochDev's comments:

Squarescape
2012 Jacob Koch
07-07-2012, 10:41 PM
Welcome to the forums. Someone already started a thread for your game here: http://forums.toucharcade.com/showthread.php?t=143669

Looks good. Any chance of an iPad version?

07-07-2012, 11:03 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Royce View Post
Welcome to the forums. Someone already started a thread for your game here: http://forums.toucharcade.com/showthread.php?t=143669

Looks good. Any chance of an iPad version?
Oh, didn't realize that :/

About the iPad version: the game can be downloaded actually works really well on iPad since the 8-bit graphics do not get distorted when blown up to 2x; in fact, they get accentuated. I will hopefully release a "master's edition" for the game on iPad where the levels are much bigger and complex for the iPad. The bigger screen will allow for this.
07-10-2012, 03:20 PM
Great game

I've been playing this game off and on since it was released and I find it very addicting. I've made it all the way to level yellow 9. I'm not sure how much further I have to go, (but I think I'm on the second to the last level). I've been stuck on this level for a while, and while the game has never been frustrating or unfairly difficult, this level has got me stumped. Cant wait to beat it.

---------------------
signature
07-10-2012, 04:59 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by toxiccheese View Post
I've been playing this game off and on since it was released and I find it very addicting. I've made it all the way to level yellow 9. I'm not sure how much further I have to go, (but I think I'm on the second to the last level). I've been stuck on this level for a while, and while the game has never been frustrating or unfairly difficult, this level has got me stumped. Cant wait to beat it.
You've got one more level after 9 to go you're close. Glad you like the game!

And thanks to TouchGameplay for making that video!
07-10-2012, 06:09 PM
Squarescape

Amazing game, so far I am half way through and it is so addicting. I love it! Thanks Jacob Koch Dev!
07-10-2012, 08:34 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by freightrain12 View Post
Amazing game, so far I am half way through and it is so addicting. I love it! Thanks Jacob Koch Dev!
Glad to see you are enjoying the game!
07-11-2012, 12:03 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by zongsi2038 View Post
they get accentuated. I will hopefully release a "master's edition" for the game on iPad where the levels are much bigger and complex for the iPad.
Where did you quote that from, pretty sure I said that somewhere.
07-11-2012, 02:19 AM
First post says 49 five star reviews on the app store but when I look there are no reviews at all...

Have any TA regulars tried this game?

Jamie