Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > Promo Codes and Contests

Old 11-28-2012, 10:56 PM
iPhone 4S, iOS 5.x

Default Win a $10 iTunes Gift Card - rate "To Bee or not to Bear?" - FREE on 24-25 Dec.!

Hi guys,

Today we are starting a new simple contest. Take your chance to win a $10 iTunes Gift Card!

How to enter:

1. Get "To Bee or not to Bear?" on the App Store;

2. Write your honest review on the App Store;

3. Email us at marketing@anton-studio.com with your review details (nickname, review text and the store), so we can know who is who!

That's it! Every Friday during December we will randomly select and reward one lucky person with a $10 iTunes Gift Card.

The dates for defining the winners are:
December 7
December 14
December 21
December 28

Also, we encourage you to follow us on social networks and share this post and/or retweet this tweet. Let your friends also participate!

AR Studio on Facebook
AR Studio on Twitter

Good luck to everyone!

Last edited by AR Studio; 12-24-2012 at 03:37 AM..
Old 11-29-2012, 04:46 AM
iPhone 5s, iOS 7.x

Liked as Em Kay and followed as mkpred. writing a review on app store now.already jotted down all points on notebook as i do will send you a pm soon

Edit : reviewed as mkpred in us appstore .thanks for the contest and good luck to all.i sent you an email from mkpred@live.com

Here is my review :

Quote:
First when you boot up the app you see an animation of a bee sneezing thrice.Its one of the games character so its ok.Kinda funny at the first time when you dont expect it.Then the music starts which I must say suits the dark theme of the start up screen screen where at left most side they tried to write Hiveland and just adjacent to that there is the option button both missing out letters not sure if it was deliberate but easy to miss the option button where you get the option to turn up or down the volume of music and sound effects along with the credits.Also on the main screen are links to the developers Facebook and Twitter.There are GameCentre achievements in this game that are worth 490 points and you can challenge your friends as well.On the main screen lastly you have the option to see your high scores.And NO there are no leaderboards in this game as of yet.
Then when you hit Play There is a very strange animation and you get a picture telling how to play.I am disappointed how this game is lacking explanation and details to the game and this game isn't self explanatory either.It shows you that picture of how to play ( not detailed ) and the strange animation everytime you start a game , rather than a detailed how to guide which is bad because this game is fast paced and new guy won't understand what to do , and in simple words , its difficult to play with any manual.
There are basically 5 minutes on the clock in which the bears tied to a rope swing towards the honey and try to lick it off the hive ( its a hive in first level ) where as the bees try to add more honey to the hive.You have three lives which reduce if you cut the rope of a bee bring honey rather than cutting the rope of the bear.You loose 1000 points for killing a bee and get points for cutting ropes of the bears.Yoy have to let the bees fill the hive with the honey before the time runs out while stopping the bears.The game hasnt been explained it self well soI would like the developers to add a better how to guide in the next update.
If the game fails you will either get an animation of bears dropping the bee in a trash can or the bee drops and death takes it away with a very dark animation in the back.There might be other animations but these two are the ones I have gone through so far.
One thing which makes no sense is in the game bears are against bees and when you win the game you see the bears are celebrating with a bee by throwing it in the air and catching it and throwing again in the air ...... , with flowers dropping.
After succesfully finishing the first level I earned 3700 cash there it said Bet : 1000 .no explanation on what it is.Then there are 3 scissors which I thought meant I earned 3 stars in the game but in face it turned out to be a slot where you spin for 1000 cash and there quite a few prizes like extra life for instance.And you can also share your score on facebook and twitter.
When you move to another level obviously there is a different back ground image and this time it seems like a back of a paint bucket.Now there are bees that bring dynamites and you have to kill them , and it seems like you get power ups or something as my screen went black and it got difficult to play as you have to identify bees and bears with eyes glowing in dark , you' ll understand when you play.And as you progress the game gets difficult obviously.
The game has funny sound effects with an innovative game style , I like their idea but am disappointed how it is implemented , it could have been a lot better.There is a HD version which is expensive and again a universal app would have helped the ratings but once again wrong implementation.I played this game on my ipad , had to zoom in ofcourse but the quality didnt decrease that much , all in all its simply a wonderful idea implemented wrong.They need to bring in more improvements and more frequent level updates.perhaps a better instruction guide and a survival mode with leaderboards.This app has its ups and downs but doesn't seize to amaze me with a few updates I might think again but for now I give it a 3 stars.

Last edited by mkpred; 11-29-2012 at 05:35 AM..
Old 11-30-2012, 01:13 AM
iPhone 4S, iOS 5.x

Thanks a lot for entering the contest! We received your submission.
Those who haven't entered yet - don't hesitate to do this Gift Cards are waiting for you
Old 11-30-2012, 11:15 PM
iPad (3rd Gen), iOS 7.x

Sent an email.

Shared as Marc Edward Dalmacio.

RT'd as @iPawn4.
Old 12-01-2012, 09:00 AM
iPhone 4S, iOS 5.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by iANiMeX View Post
Sent an email.

Shared as Marc Edward Dalmacio.

RT'd as @iPawn4.
Great, thanks for participating!
Old 12-02-2012, 12:16 PM
iPad 2, iOS 5.x

Reviewed as Rokrdude2 on U.S. appstore

email sent

Already following on Twitter as @Rokrdude2
Old 12-02-2012, 10:05 PM
iPhone 4S, iOS 5.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rokrdude View Post
Reviewed as Rokrdude2 on U.S. appstore

email sent

Already following on Twitter as @Rokrdude2
That's nice, thanks for entering!
Old 12-05-2012, 01:32 AM
iPhone 4S, iOS 5.x

If you haven't entered the contest yet - don't hesitate to do this! This Friday we will reward the first lucky participant!
Old 12-06-2012, 11:52 PM
iPhone 4S, iOS 5.x

Guys, today we are happy to announce the first winner! His nickname is ... mkpred!!! Congrats!!!

The gift code is already emailed.

Btw, the contest is going on! Play with us and win!
Old 12-07-2012, 01:17 AM
iPod Touch (5th Gen), iOS 6.x

wow congrats again mkpred

just to clarify, previously entered reviews still qualify for subsequent entries? thanks