App description: Take My Machete is an arcade beat'em'up action game from one-man studio Upper Class Walrus.

Slice and dice your way through hordes of Aliens, as you search for the missing pieces of the puzzle!

Featuring

- Story mode with 4 stages and 4 bosses
- Endless mode
- Discover and craft traps to use in Endless mode
- Unlockable trophies and assorted fun items for your "Den"
- Collectible pets!
- Lovingly crafted pixels
- An epic soundtrack
- 20+ Achievements

Supports retina devices and the new iPhone 5!

Sanuku's comments:

01-09-2013, 05:33 AM
Hey, thanks for posting a thread!

If you have any questions/comments/bugs I can fix in update 1.1, let me know in this thread.

I have got some feedback already about an issue with credit counters being cut off after a certain length. If you have over 99,999 credits and play the boss stage you will lose any credits above this number. I have submitted an expedited update to fix this, so please be patient (it should be updated hopefully before the app goes live in the US) The drum kit also has a broken cymbal, as seen in the video which has been corrected!

Update 1.1 will contain new items to use during endless mode, + other super secret stuff!

Also a tip: The spike shield guys in endless mode can only be taken down with two ranged shots. There's also a secret enemy not present in the alien-handbook in your den, but I won't reveal it just yet, it's fun to figure out how to deal with them

Upper Class Walrus - A one-man studio developing fun little games for mobiles!

TAKE MY MACHETE
- Out Now! for iPhone and iPod Touch - FREE - http://www.takemymachete.com - Follow me on Twitter! @rhysdee

Last edited by UpperClassWalrus; 01-09-2013 at 06:32 AM.

01-09-2013, 05:35 AM
Another instabuy. This looks brilliant.

Exact-Psience My 2014 Top 10 Games of the Year: Monster Hunter Freedom Unite, Hearthstone, VVVVVV, Battleheart Legacy, Wayward Souls, Bug Heroes 2, Powerpuff Girls Defenders of Townsville, Deep Loot, Monument Valley, Bioshock Honorable Mentions: Traps N Gemstones, Bardbarian, Goblin Sword
01-09-2013, 08:55 AM
I was pleasently surprised with the beta test for Take My Machete. I randomly signed up out of boredom and wasn't expecting much from an unknown developer (and the name seems odd) so was rocked to find a good game. Each level is short but features an barrage of aliens (both walking and flying) that need to be taken down with a combination of platformer style left/right and attack options along with physic puzzle style drag to shoot projectile weapons. I found the enemy attack variety (melee, beams, bombs, crawling, shooting, flying, etc) in levels refreshing. The levels, as shown in screenshots, are small but that gives it a good firefight feel and makes things feel frantic. There's a lot of cool details like the player image that incurs damage (a homage to Doom?) and the "den" menu environment. Regarding IAP and credits, I did not find them to be necessary for the gameplay (mainly just for perks). Take My Machete definitely deserves a play.

Last edited by undeadcow; 01-09-2013 at 08:57 AM.
01-09-2013, 09:07 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by UpperClassWalrus View Post
Hey, thanks for posting a thread!

If you have any questions/comments/bugs I can fix in update 1.1, let me know in this thread.

... The drum kit also has ...

Preparing to dowload!

DBC

I give up.
01-09-2013, 03:16 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by undeadcow View Post
I was pleasently surprised with the beta test for Take My Machete. I randomly signed up out of boredom and wasn't expecting much from an unknown developer (and the name seems odd) so was rocked to find a good game. Each level is short but features an barrage of aliens (both walking and flying) that need to be taken down with a combination of platformer style left/right and attack options along with physic puzzle style drag to shoot projectile weapons. I found the enemy attack variety (melee, beams, bombs, crawling, shooting, flying, etc) in levels refreshing. The levels, as shown in screenshots, are small but that gives it a good firefight feel and makes things feel frantic. There's a lot of cool details like the player image that incurs damage (a homage to Doom?) and the "den" menu environment. Regarding IAP and credits, I did not find them to be necessary for the gameplay (mainly just for perks). Take My Machete definitely deserves a play.
Thanks for the kind words

TAKE MY MACHETE
- Out Now! for iPhone and iPod Touch - FREE - http://www.takemymachete.com - Follow me on Twitter! @rhysdee
01-09-2013, 04:03 PM
Yet another one I'm gonna hafta pick up tonight! Excited about this one!
01-09-2013, 10:27 PM
The game is now live in the US App Store!

I hope you enjoy it

TAKE MY MACHETE
01-09-2013, 11:03 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bramblett05 View Post
Already downloaded
You guys are fast!

TAKE MY MACHETE
01-09-2013, 11:09 PM
Awesome. I can not recommend this enough. The graphics are awesome. The gameplay is awesome. I can tell the dev worked very hard on this, because it shows in the charm and overall fun of the game.

Steak out.