★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

Acheron Prime price drop

12-28-2012, 10:08 AM
Acheron Prime price drop

If y'all have been waiting for a price drop now is your chance the game is 99 cents.

(If this thread was made my fault I'm late to the party)
12-28-2012, 10:42 AM

12-28-2012, 10:46 AM
Reviews say there's crashing but that was from August and it has had some updates as well so maybe its better
12-28-2012, 11:25 AM
It looks pretty decent. The reviews before the last 3 updates all point to the space combat not feeling good and issues with the control stick releasing when your thumb gets out of it's limited range... making following ships and stuff difficult.

If anyone gets this, post some feedback about the game. I still have GoF, GoF II, Galactic Phantasy (and GP Prelude) and a host of other space RPG's to play... but if this one is good I may opt in for adding another one onto the pile.
12-28-2012, 11:38 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by nightc1 View Post
It looks pretty decent. The reviews before the last 3 updates all point to the space combat not feeling good and issues with the control stick releasing when your thumb gets out of it's limited range... making following ships and stuff difficult.

If anyone gets this, post some feedback about the game. I still have GoF, GoF II, Galactic Phantasy (and GP Prelude) and a host of other space RPG's to play... but if this one is good I may opt in for adding another one onto the pile.
Galactic phantasy series I didn't like and prelude before the updates was IAP bound I never touched it since so I don't know how it is now.
12-28-2012, 12:02 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bramblett05 View Post
Galactic phantasy series I didn't like and prelude before the updates was IAP bound I never touched it since so I don't know how it is now.
I've played some of the first one... I thought it was pretty cool. I like the way they handled the battles in the game. The need to retreat far enough to safely recharge was a pretty nice mechanic. I haven't tried GP Prelude yet... but I'm hopeful that it's playable without IAP, despite getting the game for free.