App description: [ Story Mode ]
- A dark, twisted fantasy -
The world of Baroque is one inhabited by twisted people.
Meta-Beings, Angels, the Order of Malkuth, and the "Neuro Tower" are all tangled threads of the warped tapestry that is Baroque.


- A World that changes everytime you play -
The protagonist must head to the lowest floor of the Neuro Tower and fight through the foul denizens of the world.
The Neuro Tower itself is also constantly distorting, and hence, the protagonist will be introduced to a new labyrinth every time he sets foot inside.


- Battle with Meta-Beings -
Strange and twisted Meta-Beings will impede your progress through the Neuro Tower.
You will need to use your purification abilities as well as a vast assortment of weapons, armor, and even parasites.


[ Survival Mode ]
- An acquisition score is registered into ranking -
In survival mode, an "EXP", "Time", etc. which were gained by the time it cleared or died serve as a score.
The player and others in the world can be challenged by registering this score into the GameCenter.


- Equipment only for Survival Mode "Purification Rifle"
Shoot and beat the Meta-Beings who attack and come by the "purification rifle" which makes a bullet "the fragment of a Idea Sephirah" which appears by an Meta-Being's purification!

The change of "Rifle" and "Sword" is touch the Weapon Icon of the screen right, and it can change it in an instant.

Exact-Psience's comments:





Youtube link | Pop Up
12-29-2012, 07:56 PM
#11
Quote:
Originally Posted by squarezero View Post
It was for me. You go through 4 or 5 floors of the dungeon as a level 50 character. At the end you are "revived" as a 1st level character.
Ok it sounds good for a DL! Thanks
12-29-2012, 08:45 PM
#12
Joined: Jul 2011
Location: Wouldn't You like to know :P jk Vancouver, Canada
Posts: 338
Baroque - The Dark, Twisted Fantasy iOS Gameplay: Prologue


Youtube link | Pop Up


Would be cool if a mod could incorperate this video in the first post. here is the embed code: RRTIbwydvz4

Hi, I'm Ajay
iMessage: ajaysaini1996@yahoo.ca
GAMELOFT LIVE ID: STK_ULTIMACY
www.youtube.com/AceTheTopGun


12-30-2012, 02:46 AM
#13
I love it... But i definitely see this isnt for everyone. The camera views take some getting used to before it can be harnessed well, and I suggest playing on either Normal or Hard coz easy just makes the game too boring.

Definitely a great port, but inventory/menu controls can be improved, and sometimes i experience slowdowns on the ipad3 when there are tons of smokey effects on screen.

Loving my purchase on this one. Will surely be played a lot.

Exact-Psience My 2014 Top 10 Games of the Year: Monster Hunter Freedom Unite, Hearthstone, VVVVVV, Battleheart Legacy, Wayward Souls, Bug Heroes 2, Powerpuff Girls Defenders of Townsville, Deep Loot, Monument Valley, Bioshock Honorable Mentions: Traps N Gemstones, Bardbarian, Goblin Sword
12-30-2012, 03:05 AM
#14
Hey exact-psience, any other new or upcoming good rpg's?
12-30-2012, 03:45 AM
#15
Joined: Nov 2009
Location: Germany
Posts: 8,559
Quote:
Originally Posted by Superatomic View Post
Hey exact-psience, any other new or upcoming good rpg's?

Off-topic:
Well, my name isn't Exact-Psience, but as one of the RPG veterans here, I might be also able to answer this.

First, if you wanna get informed about upcoming RPG's, look into the board's "upcoming" section. Good games that will be released this year are Chaos Rings III; in the near future, the highly anticipated and zelda-like Oceanhorn will be released. Final Fantasy V should be here this year. Square / Enix might be having more in the pipe we don't know about yet. Echo Dawn is worth mentioning and everyone's looking forward to Aralon 2. There's also a secret title by Crecent Moon games, looks like a sci-fi RPG.

Hi, you seemed to be lost on the Internets.
This is TouchArcade, where 2$ for a game is too much, 5$ is an outrage, and 10$ or more is putting sugar in their car tanks whilst killing puppies.

Last edited by Vovin; 12-30-2012 at 03:53 AM.
12-30-2012, 04:24 AM
#16
Joined: Oct 2010
Location: Minneapolis, USA
Posts: 3,659
I've never played this game on other platforms, and hadn't even heard of it, but this has me hot. So very sold.
12-30-2012, 04:46 AM
#17
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vovin View Post
Off-topic:
Well, my name isn't Exact-Psience, but as one of the RPG veterans here, I might be also able to answer this.

First, if you wanna get informed about upcoming RPG's, look into the board's "upcoming" section. Good games that will be released this year are Chaos Rings III; in the near future, the highly anticipated and zelda-like Oceanhorn will be released. Final Fantasy V should be here this year. Square / Enix might be having more in the pipe we don't know about yet. Echo Dawn is worth mentioning and everyone's looking forward to Aralon 2. There's also a secret title by Crecent Moon games, looks like a sci-fi RPG.
Hehehe...

You nailed it! Thanks! Im not sure why he asked me in particular though.

Exact-Psience My 2014 Top 10 Games of the Year: Monster Hunter Freedom Unite, Hearthstone, VVVVVV, Battleheart Legacy, Wayward Souls, Bug Heroes 2, Powerpuff Girls Defenders of Townsville, Deep Loot, Monument Valley, Bioshock Honorable Mentions: Traps N Gemstones, Bardbarian, Goblin Sword
12-30-2012, 05:41 AM
#18
Joined: Nov 2009
Location: Germany
Posts: 8,559
Quote:
Originally Posted by Exact-Psience View Post
Hehehe...

You nailed it! Thanks! Im not sure why he asked me in particular though.

You might have left a good impression.
That's also why nobody ever asks me, haha.

PS: Superatomic, check this thread Raptor made: http://forums.toucharcade.com/showth...hreadid=172093

Hi, you seemed to be lost on the Internets.
This is TouchArcade, where 2$ for a game is too much, 5$ is an outrage, and 10$ or more is putting sugar in their car tanks whilst killing puppies.

Last edited by Vovin; 12-30-2012 at 05:52 AM.
12-30-2012, 07:31 AM
#19
Joined: Dec 2008
Location: Salem, Massachusetts, USA
Posts: 10,913
Quote:
Originally Posted by Exact-Psience View Post
I love it... But i definitely see this isnt for everyone. The camera views take some getting used to before it can be harnessed well, and I suggest playing on either Normal or Hard coz easy just makes the game too boring.

Definitely a great port, but inventory/menu controls can be improved, and sometimes i experience slowdowns on the ipad3 when there are tons of smokey effects on screen.

Loving my purchase on this one. Will surely be played a lot.
I agree. My biggest issue is how close the camera is to the character on 3rd person view. If it were pulled a bit father back you would have a better view of the scene. The inventory is also a bit primitive -- just a long list. But I love the creature design, and the strange set up and bizarre, obscure story are kind of a treat (though not for everyone).
12-30-2012, 08:00 AM
#20
Yes the camera view could be tweaked a bit. I played briefly and it's quite intriguing! Think I got down two levels and then the creatures piled up on me and I was against the wall or something and died and then I tried again and again and died again and again. Think I better watch the video posted here and collect my modest gaming know how and try again!!!!!
Oh yes I wish at times the movement could be more responsive especially when the creatures are behind me. To turn and meet them head on or maybe it's better strategy to not try to kill every creature I encounter?!

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:57 AM.