Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > iPhone and iPad Games

Old 12-29-2012, 07:56 PM
iPad mini 2, iOS 7.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by squarezero View Post
It was for me. You go through 4 or 5 floors of the dungeon as a level 50 character. At the end you are "revived" as a 1st level character.
Ok it sounds good for a DL! Thanks
Old 12-29-2012, 08:45 PM
iPad 2, iOS 5.x

Baroque - The Dark, Twisted Fantasy iOS Gameplay: Prologue

Youtube link | Pop Up

Would be cool if a mod could incorperate this video in the first post. here is the embed code: RRTIbwydvz4
Old 12-30-2012, 02:46 AM
iPad Air, iOS 7.x

I love it... But i definitely see this isnt for everyone. The camera views take some getting used to before it can be harnessed well, and I suggest playing on either Normal or Hard coz easy just makes the game too boring.

Definitely a great port, but inventory/menu controls can be improved, and sometimes i experience slowdowns on the ipad3 when there are tons of smokey effects on screen.

Loving my purchase on this one. Will surely be played a lot.
Old 12-30-2012, 03:05 AM

Hey exact-psience, any other new or upcoming good rpg's?
Old 12-30-2012, 03:45 AM
iPhone 5, iOS 6.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Superatomic View Post
Hey exact-psience, any other new or upcoming good rpg's?

Off-topic:
Well, my name isn't Exact-Psience, but as one of the RPG veterans here, I might be also able to answer this.

First, if you wanna get informed about upcoming RPG's, look into the board's "upcoming" section. Good games that will be released this year are Chaos Rings III; in the near future, the highly anticipated and zelda-like Oceanhorn will be released. Final Fantasy V should be here this year. Square / Enix might be having more in the pipe we don't know about yet. Echo Dawn is worth mentioning and everyone's looking forward to Aralon 2. There's also a secret title by Crecent Moon games, looks like a sci-fi RPG.

Last edited by Vovin; 12-30-2012 at 03:53 AM..
Old 12-30-2012, 04:24 AM
iPod Touch (4th Gen), OS 4.x

I've never played this game on other platforms, and hadn't even heard of it, but this has me hot. So very sold.
Old 12-30-2012, 04:46 AM
iPad Air, iOS 7.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vovin View Post
Off-topic:
Well, my name isn't Exact-Psience, but as one of the RPG veterans here, I might be also able to answer this.

First, if you wanna get informed about upcoming RPG's, look into the board's "upcoming" section. Good games that will be released this year are Chaos Rings III; in the near future, the highly anticipated and zelda-like Oceanhorn will be released. Final Fantasy V should be here this year. Square / Enix might be having more in the pipe we don't know about yet. Echo Dawn is worth mentioning and everyone's looking forward to Aralon 2. There's also a secret title by Crecent Moon games, looks like a sci-fi RPG.
Hehehe...

You nailed it! Thanks! Im not sure why he asked me in particular though.
Old 12-30-2012, 05:41 AM
iPhone 5, iOS 6.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exact-Psience View Post
Hehehe...

You nailed it! Thanks! Im not sure why he asked me in particular though.

You might have left a good impression.
That's also why nobody ever asks me, haha.

PS: Superatomic, check this thread Raptor made: http://forums.toucharcade.com/showth...hreadid=172093

Last edited by Vovin; 12-30-2012 at 05:52 AM..
Old 12-30-2012, 07:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exact-Psience View Post
I love it... But i definitely see this isnt for everyone. The camera views take some getting used to before it can be harnessed well, and I suggest playing on either Normal or Hard coz easy just makes the game too boring.

Definitely a great port, but inventory/menu controls can be improved, and sometimes i experience slowdowns on the ipad3 when there are tons of smokey effects on screen.

Loving my purchase on this one. Will surely be played a lot.
I agree. My biggest issue is how close the camera is to the character on 3rd person view. If it were pulled a bit father back you would have a better view of the scene. The inventory is also a bit primitive -- just a long list. But I love the creature design, and the strange set up and bizarre, obscure story are kind of a treat (though not for everyone).
Old 12-30-2012, 08:00 AM
iPad mini 2, iOS 7.x

Yes the camera view could be tweaked a bit. I played briefly and it's quite intriguing! Think I got down two levels and then the creatures piled up on me and I was against the wall or something and died and then I tried again and again and died again and again. Think I better watch the video posted here and collect my modest gaming know how and try again!!!!!
Oh yes I wish at times the movement could be more responsive especially when the creatures are behind me. To turn and meet them head on or maybe it's better strategy to not try to kill every creature I encounter?!