12-30-2012, 08:06 AM
#21
^Try playing with the movement and camera control sensitivity options. Movement at max (10) and Camera at 8 works best for me. OR, you can max out Camera sensitivity and make sure you have auto lock on most of the times.

Im just playing on Normal mode as i dont want to challenge myself with a very hardcore roguelike. Hahaha! But i have to say, Normal mode is very satisfying.

One of the best things i like in this game are the character designs. Some of the most bizaare and amazing designs i have only seen here. Kinda like the first time you have ever seen the whole slew of monsters from the FF cast.

Exact-Psience My 2014 Top 10 Games of the Year: Monster Hunter Freedom Unite, Hearthstone, VVVVVV, Battleheart Legacy, Wayward Souls, Bug Heroes 2, Powerpuff Girls Defenders of Townsville, Deep Loot, Monument Valley, Bioshock Honorable Mentions: Traps N Gemstones, Bardbarian, Goblin Sword
12-30-2012, 09:02 AM
#22
Joined: Nov 2009
Location: Germany
Posts: 8,515
Lol, I downloaded it directly after release, started it and then I was left with a big question mark on my forehead. Very strange, very confusing. I saw a big walking statue with two heads and suddenly, a giant maw opened in the middle. Since then I am riddled.

Hi, you seemed to be lost on the Internets.
This is TouchArcade, where 2$ for a game is too much, 5$ is an outrage, and 10$ or more is putting sugar in their car tanks whilst killing puppies.

12-30-2012, 09:16 AM
#23
Joined: Feb 2009
Location: Redding, CA, USA
Posts: 11,075
I LOVED this game but felt burned when they released it previously, wasn't that also official?

I'm compelled to try it again as Baroque was one of my very favorite console roguelikes!

It definitely had some of the most original items! Like this really powerful armor that your character is COMPELLED to instantly take off if any baddy is present (only if there was a way to make it so you couldn't remove it, hint hint).

Tim "Lord Gek" Jordan, Game Consultant
OpenFeint, Plus+, & Twitter: LordGek
GameCenter, Crystal, & iTunes: Lord Gek
My iTunes Reviews
12-30-2012, 09:28 AM
#24
Quote:
Originally Posted by Exact-Psience View Post
^Try playing with the movement and camera control sensitivity options. Movement at max (10) and Camera at 8 works best for me. OR, you can max out Camera sensitivity and make sure you have auto lock on most of the times.

Im just playing on Normal mode as i dont want to challenge myself with a very hardcore roguelike. Hahaha! But i have to say, Normal mode is very satisfying.

One of the best things i like in this game are the character designs. Some of the most bizaare and amazing designs i have only seen here. Kinda like the first time you have ever seen the whole slew of monsters from the FF cast.
Ok EP will try that! I'm a bit embarrassed because I was playing on easy mode
12-30-2012, 09:29 AM
#25
Quote:
Originally Posted by LordGek View Post
I LOVED this game but felt burned when they released it previously, wasn't that also official?

I'm compelled to try it again as Baroque was one of my very favorite console roguelikes!

It definitely had some of the most original items! Like this really powerful armor that your character is COMPELLED to instantly take off if any baddy is present (only if there was a way to make it so you couldn't remove it, hint hint).
A hint!?!? Not sure what it means though right now
12-30-2012, 09:47 AM
#26
Ok I just tried movement at 10 and camera at 8- much better!! I also tried normal mode and got down two levels but the creatures overtook me!
Are we suppose to take on every creature we see or run and collect items and then search for the next portal? And also I think I ought to save my progress because I have to start at the beginning every time because right now I'm good at dying
12-30-2012, 10:37 AM
#27
Joined: Dec 2008
Location: Salem, Massachusetts, USA
Posts: 10,870
Quote:
Originally Posted by Capricornman View Post
Ok I just tried movement at 10 and camera at 8- much better!! I also tried normal mode and got down two levels but the creatures overtook me!
Are we suppose to take on every creature we see or run and collect items and then search for the next portal? And also I think I ought to save my progress because I have to start at the beginning every time because right now I'm good at dying
Make sure to experiment with different weapons and armor, as well as other devices like lighting bombs. In the intro section you have several healing items, which you should definitely use. You don't have to fight every enemy, but it's definitely possible to do so and survive to the end of the prologue.
12-30-2012, 10:44 AM
#28
Quote:
Originally Posted by squarezero View Post
Make sure to experiment with different weapons and armor, as well as other devices like lighting bombs. In the intro section you have several healing items, which you should definitely use. You don't have to fight every enemy, but it's definitely possible to do so and survive to the end of the prologue.
Thanks for the tips! Yep I think I was just feeling out the game and not using healing potions or different weapons....silly me, no wonders I was dying pretty quick!
Lots of fun this game.
12-30-2012, 12:14 PM
#29
Joined: Feb 2009
Location: Redding, CA, USA
Posts: 11,075
Game Impressions

Grrr.

I like having a score when I play, so I gravitated toward the Survival mode, but in this mode there are NO ITEMS OR INVENTORY!

I loved the game back on PS2 and Wii, but so far am finding the controls pretty awkward and it looking pretty fuzzy on my iPad 3.

Maybe it will grow on me but, at this point, I can't whole heartedly recommend it, especially when asking $9 for it!

Tim "Lord Gek" Jordan, Game Consultant
OpenFeint, Plus+, & Twitter: LordGek
GameCenter, Crystal, & iTunes: Lord Gek
My iTunes Reviews
12-30-2012, 12:45 PM
#30
Joined: Dec 2008
Location: Salem, Massachusetts, USA
Posts: 10,870
Quote:
Originally Posted by LordGek View Post
Grrr.

I like having a score when I play, so I gravitated toward the Survival mode, but in this mode there are NO ITEMS OR INVENTORY!

I loved the game back on PS2 and Wii, but so far am finding the controls pretty awkward and it looking pretty fuzzy on my iPad 3.

Maybe it will grow on me but, at this point, I can't whole heartedly recommend it, especially when asking $9 for it!
To be clear, the game has items and inventory when played on story mode -- and a ton of loot, BTW.

As has been mentioned already, setting the sensitivity to 8+ makes a huge difference in the controls (and using target lock takes care of the rest).

I'm working on my first from-1st-level run and I'm loving it. Before heading to the Neuro Tower, make sure to try the Tutorial Dungeon -- it's a good introduction to the game systems and gives you some decent items as well.