Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > iPhone and iPad Games

Old 12-30-2012, 08:55 PM
iPad (4th Gen), iOS 6.x

Baroque isn't my favorite Sting game by any measure, but it lights a hope for the Dept. Heaven series, including outstanding games like Knights in the Nightmare, the Union series and Gungnir. Knights is the most fitting for the platform.
Old 12-30-2012, 09:19 PM
iPad Air, iOS 7.x

Yeah. Knights should be fantastic on the platform
Old 12-30-2012, 09:25 PM

One of my all-time favorite roguelikes. I felt like a lot of people misunderstood this game (ex. Many reviewers beat the first tower and thought that ws the end of the game). This game has so much to offer if you are patient.
Old 12-30-2012, 09:52 PM
iPad 2, iOS 5.x

My god this game is hardcore. Will post more impressions later. I'm frustrated and enjoying this game at the same time
Old 12-30-2012, 10:15 PM
iPad Air, iOS 7.x

Default Game Impressions

Okay, turning up the camera and turning sensitivity to max makes the game much more playable on my iPad, even if way too fuzzy with the text

I just realized, however, there are some real fundamental bits of this game that weren't covered in the training dungeon and I'm not even too sure if the characters in town mention them.

BEGINNING OF LITE SPOILAGE...

-Even if you kick ass and defeat every baddy in site as you make your way to the very bottom of the dungeon, YOU WILL STILL DIE AND NEED TO START ALL OVER BACK IN TOWN AS LEVEL 1! The key to making each run more manageable is to always use the Transfer Systems (those huge glowy orbs found in a few places on each dungeon run) to send some of your top items back for your next run (I can't recall if the items are held for you in town or laying about on the first floor of the Neuro Tower). When you make your later runs in the Neuro Tower you'll notice it extends a little deeper. As long as you progress in the story the tower will get deeper with each clearing until the tower is finally cleared.

-That bronze robot you encounter occasionally in the tower is your friend! If you toss a few of your junk items at him he will throw a new RANDOM item back at you! While I think what he tosses back at you is completely random, it might be that certain combos of items will get you specific results.

-If the monsters weren't nasty enough, be careful of the tower's own environmental hazards like steam vents, jets of flame, etc. Realize also that you can even use these hazards against the baddies themselves.

So There!
Old 12-30-2012, 10:39 PM
iPad mini 2, iOS 7.x

Gulp! What have I gottin myself into here? Oh no!!!!!
Old 12-31-2012, 06:52 AM
iPad Air, iOS 7.x

This game is awesome! I love this sort of intensely Japanese presentation over roguelike. Z.H.P. would be another excellent port.
Old 12-31-2012, 07:22 AM
iPad Air, iOS 7.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by geoelectric View Post
This game is awesome! I love this sort of intensely Japanese presentation over roguelike. Z.H.P. would be another excellent port.
ZHP is my favorite roguelike of alltime. My PSP only had T6, MHP3rd, and ZHP on it.
Old 12-31-2012, 07:28 AM
iPad mini 2, iOS 7.x

I'm a little puzzled by Lordgeks comment about fighting every baddie and yet dying and going back to the beginning level one in the town? Aren't we suppose to save our progress and pick up where we left off or not? Although that's what I'm doing and I'm dying quickly in a room with various monsters that are hard to evade -my life force goes down real fast!
Help!!!!
Old 12-31-2012, 08:55 AM
iPad Air, iOS 7.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Capricornman View Post
I'm a little puzzled by Lordgeks comment about fighting every baddie and yet dying and going back to the beginning level one in the town? Aren't we suppose to save our progress and pick up where we left off or not? Although that's what I'm doing and I'm dying quickly in a room with various monsters that are hard to evade -my life force goes down real fast!
Help!!!!
Yeah, you will die a lot in this game no matter what, but, something to consider when being swarmed at least, and this is a classic tip that works in most roguelikes I'd say, retreat to the nearest doorway! If you work this right (fighting back right on the other side of the room entrance) only 1, maybe 2 guys will be able to attack you at a time though the doorway as they all need to get into single file just to get at you.