12-30-2012, 12:58 PM
#11
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seil View Post
There are a decent number of items bought with coins, like potions and lottery boxes. But I don't think any of them are necessary. And judging from the previous discussion, the only monster that requires paying requires you obtain VIP 1, which costs $2(10 coins, 9 coins is $0.99). You don't spend the coins, you just have to have purchased that many to unlock VIP.

So I'm under the assumption that any items required to obtain certain monsters can be obtained freely, as well. But this is just me assuming, I'm not far enough to know for sure.
Well since I'm quite far into the game I can tell you how it is The item you see in the shop, they are also all obtainable in the game without paying a dime. After you complete a stage, there is a spinning reel with rewards that you can get, from there you can basically get almost everything, from chests to revive potions that costs gold in the shop. Because the fact that you can do those maps as MUCH as you want to, you can get plenty of the items if you put in time and effort, but there is also a luck element into what appears on the reel aswell as what you land on. Like a roulette. buying with gold is more for the rich and lazy.

Note: Things you get from chests are things that you CAN also obtain by just playing and grinding normally. The rewards are not things that only you can get by paying.

I think all in all there is 2 items that you can't get without buying with gold coins, a revive card if you dies during the map and a cheat dice that you can select number with. Tho you still get these items, 1 from daily reward everyday and the other one from lvling up, doing quests etc.

Edit: Almost forgot, during certain maps there are treasure chests on the map, if you land on them you can get anything thats in the gold shop, such as chests, potions etc.

Hope that clears it up.

Last edited by Czone; 12-30-2012 at 01:01 PM.
12-30-2012, 01:06 PM
#12
I've been playing this game for about a week. I am enjoying it but the VIP system is something I'm not a big fan of. VIP 1 isnt too bad since it only requires you to spend $2 and you get another monster slot, which imo is the biggest VIP perk. But if you wanted VIP 5 you'd have to spend around $150 depending on which packages you've bought.

Other than that gripe, the game overall is by far the best Pokemon clone out there. It has a great pvp element and an addicting tournament ladder. The quest system makes you come back at least once a day. The fact that there's no energy system lets you grind for as long as you want, and when you don't feel like actively playing the training feature allows you to gain experience without actively playing.

12-30-2012, 01:12 PM
#13
Quote:
Originally Posted by xbtran View Post
I've been playing this game for about a week. I am enjoying it but the VIP system is something I'm not a big fan of. VIP 1 isnt too bad since it only requires you to spend $2 and you get another monster slot, which imo is the biggest VIP perk. But if you wanted VIP 5 you'd have to spend around $150 depending on which packages you've bought.

Other than that gripe, the game overall is by far the best Pokemon clone out there. It has a great pvp element and an addicting tournament ladder. The quest system makes you come back at least once a day. The fact that there's no energy system lets you grind for as long as you want, and when you don't feel like actively playing the training feature allows you to gain experience without actively playing.
I totally agree with you xbtran But you have to admit tho, about the VIP part, its still one of the more fair freemmium game out there, since you get acess to everything even without paying a dime. It really isn't forcing you to get VIP5 or you cant enjoy the game. There are so many games out there that just forces you to buy coins all the time.
12-30-2012, 01:29 PM
#14
tried to play... connection errors I guess. Just hovers at 'connecting' forever...

Oh well... I'm not much of a monster hunting type gamer - I was really just checking it out for my nephew, who loves this type of thing. Guess he'll just have to stick with Dragon Island Blue for now...

If I'm remembering correctly, the same type of thing happened with Haypi Dragons, and it took them quite a while to fix...

:;:CURRENT 'FAVORITES' FOLDER:;:
Dragon Hills, Devious Dungeon 2, Attack The Light, Incoboto
:;:GAMECENTER ID:;: syntheticvoid
:;:CURRENTLY LISTENING TO:;: Autechre, Download & PlatEAU
12-30-2012, 01:35 PM
#15
Quote:
Originally Posted by syntheticvoid View Post
tried to play... connection errors I guess. Just hovers at 'connecting' forever...

Oh well... I'm not much of a monster hunting type gamer - I was really just checking it out for my nephew, who loves this type of thing. Guess he'll just have to stick with Dragon Island Blue for now...

If I'm remembering correctly, the same type of thing happened with Haypi Dragons, and it took them quite a while to fix...
Thats very weird, I'm online playing right now as I type this. But yeah the server was a bit unstable an hour ago. A support told us in chat that they already submitted an update for the game to apple a few days ago, should be released very very soon. Hope you can log in soon
12-30-2012, 01:36 PM
#16
Quote:
Originally Posted by Czone View Post
Thats very weird, I'm online playing right now as I type this. But yeah the server was a bit unstable an hour ago. A support told us in chat that they already submitted an update for the game to apple a few days ago, should be released very very soon. Hope you can log in soon
Alrighty, thanks for the info. I'll keep an eye out for the update. From the sound of things, it really seems like something my nephew will enjoy quite a bit... so... yay. =oP

:;:CURRENT 'FAVORITES' FOLDER:;:
Dragon Hills, Devious Dungeon 2, Attack The Light, Incoboto
:;:GAMECENTER ID:;: syntheticvoid
:;:CURRENTLY LISTENING TO:;: Autechre, Download & PlatEAU
12-30-2012, 01:44 PM
#17
Quote:
Originally Posted by syntheticvoid View Post
Alrighty, thanks for the info. I'll keep an eye out for the update. From the sound of things, it really seems like something my nephew will enjoy quite a bit... so... yay. =oP
You're welcome! Glad to hear that sir Pokemon was something that left a lot fun memories for me in my childhood, I really hope your nephew can enjoy and have a great time with this game!
12-30-2012, 02:06 PM
#18
Quote:
Originally Posted by Czone View Post
I totally agree with you xbtran But you have to admit tho, about the VIP part, its still one of the more fair freemmium game out there, since you get acess to everything even without paying a dime. It really isn't forcing you to get VIP5 or you cant enjoy the game. There are so many games out there that just forces you to buy coins all the time.
Yea I do agree with you there. This game really doesn't feel like a freemium as you can play as much as you want. And yea it doesn't force you to get VIP 5 in any way at all but I feel like those that do will probably be the ones on top of the ladder/pvp scores, so I sort of have a feeling that I need to spend money in order to be competitive. Though, at the moment it isn't too much of a problem for me because I'm not taking the game too seriously.

Do you know what the prestige from tournament ladders do? Are they simply aesthetic? And I'm looking on the VIP Priveleges list. What are the VIP Rank Rewards? Is it just referring to # 6 (One seal card and 1000 money everyday) and 7 (a special monster just for VIP players)?
12-30-2012, 02:11 PM
#19
this is the weirdest thread i ever read in my life ... either czone is obsessed with the game nd shud seek medical help or he's secretly a developer/developer's friend ... if he's not a developer i would like an actual developer in here ... right now all of this false advertising is making me not even want to try it
12-30-2012, 02:25 PM
#20
Quote:
Originally Posted by xbtran View Post
Yea I do agree with you there. This game really doesn't feel like a freemium as you can play as much as you want. And yea it doesn't force you to get VIP 5 in any way at all but I feel like those that do will probably be the ones on top of the ladder/pvp scores, so I sort of have a feeling that I need to spend money in order to be competitive. Though, at the moment it isn't too much of a problem for me because I'm not taking the game too seriously.

Do you know what the prestige from tournament ladders do? Are they simply aesthetic? And I'm looking on the VIP Priveleges list. What are the VIP Rank Rewards? Is it just referring to # 6 (One seal card and 1000 money everyday) and 7 (a special monster just for VIP players)?
Ah i see Well prestige is something you gather in order to buy 2 monsters, poe which is that bear you got from the start, incase you like him a lot and want to breed him. The other one is a unicorn that you can get. There is also honors that you get from doing pvp, you can go to the shop and there is a section of things you can buy from pvping aswell. As for VIP, its basically just upgrade to what the VIP1 has. Like VIP2 get 2 seal card and 2000 everyday, as for monster thats just one time deal. You wont get more for going higher in VIP.